ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy or 182 ff?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Because that's when the major servicing intervals come up, and people sell fast instead of spending a grand on work...

All part and parcel of owning a car. You cant tell me that every car that comes up to that milage gets sold because of the upcoming cost? Then on the flip side said cars have had the relavant work done badly, you buy the car and have to spend xyz....

120d M Sport
Because that's when the major servicing intervals come up, and people sell fast instead of spending a grand on work...

I don't disagree!

imprezaworks- those issues might go away once you've actually tried one, instead of assuming all high mileage cars are bad. Wasn't your ph1 on about 90k?

Lionel Richie
i bet 90% of people couldn't tell a 60K mile car and a 30K mile car apart (without looking at the clocks)

we restored a 36K Trophy earlier in the year (sits parked up alot) his final bill was nearly 3K!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
But why would i want to try one if i dont want too???? My ph1 was on 79k whwn i bought it, had it two years and sold with around 90k ish. And in that time it got serviced a ridiculous amount and wanted for nothing. I can see your point but the op doesnt want anything above 60k, end of conversation. And without being too much of an arse if jon's trophy had lower miles and priced at say £4500 t would have sold ten times over now.

Peugeot 308
I used to have the 'must be low mileage' thing aswell until my last couple of Ph1's.

My Ph1 is on 114k and drives and feels better than my old 182 thats 4 years newer and had 60k on the clocks at the time.

But saying that, It could easily be the other way round with other cars... its all relative.

Buy what you want/can afford. If you dont care about mileage, then purchasing a car is sometimes much cheaper and is always easier.

Condition over mileage everytime.

LY R26 #288
I know people who must have low mileage cars. Some to the extent of getting a low mileage car without fsh rather than a higher mileage with fsh. Don't get it!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Its got to have fsh, below 60k, inc cambelt change & ideally having had the dampers refurbed.
I'd be prepared to pay £6000 for it. Cash waiting, just need to find one! :(

BG 182cup
When I was looking for mine, we were looking for one of the rarer colours which the capsicum is not! So we tried to fina a LY and of the 73 knocked out by dieppe the best one was £4.5k and a bit rough at that, and desparately tried to find a petrol blue (or even the 1 with recaros!) but then only PB we fount they wanted £7k WTF
Yes the Trophy suspension is remarkable and the seats and spoiler are nice but.. a cared for looked after and rarer colour one will be far more unique!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
When I was looking for mine, we were looking for one of the rarer colours which the capsicum is not! So we tried to fina a LY and of the 73 knocked out by dieppe the best one was £4.5k and a bit rough at that, and desparately tried to find a petrol blue (or even the 1 with recaros!) but then only PB we fount they wanted £7k WTF
Yes the Trophy suspension is remarkable and the seats and spoiler are nice but.. a cared for looked after and rarer colour one will be far more unique!

More to a car holding value than colour were about eleventy seven million valvers in 449 blue and yet Willams still hold their value well.
The trophy is about the spec not just the colour, very few people see only a colour when they look at a car, especially if its people actually into cars.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Tbh im not 100% keen on the Trophy red. I had my heart set on bg but the Trophy is a special rare car.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Tbh im not 100% keen on the Trophy red. I had my heart set on bg but the Trophy is a special rare car.

Dawn, you really need to get your arse up north and get leeroy's trophy bought. Its had all the special things done, its been detailed and has just hit 60k miles.
I know the car and it really is the trophy to buy at the moment, lee doesnt spare any expense on it and it's had all the little extra's done that most trophy owners go for.

I've just bought my 2nd trophy. They are a special car and when you get to grips with them nothing else drives the same. Those who say they aren't special most probably havent had the enjoyment of a good 'b' road blast in one.

Those who say get a FF will just spend the next 6-12 months adding trophy parts to them so in the end, they could've just bought a trophy. I used to be in the 'oh its just got fancy suspension on' club, however when you own one and really get to thrash it day in day out on some of the best roads in britain, nothing else comes close. I rated my trophy a much better drive than my bro's evo at the time.

If you want to buy a clio and for it to hold its value, as well as saving you a lot of money, buy yourself a dci 100 and stick a map on it.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Lee, I've looked at so many my head hurts!

Can you tx me the specifics & location please!

Many thanks!

Titanium 182
I'd love Lee's tbh. Awesome Trophy.

Thats guys lol

It's in decent nick, its no showroom only gets driven in the dry car, gets used everyday so it is what it is.

TBH when I looked on Saturday there is only mine and Jon's that looks a decent buy.

Yep, when I looked there were not many decent examples. There was Steves and I think yours, that was it. The rest looked rough and over priced for what they were. Most were missing vital information about the dampers, belts, half arsed adverts too.

I'm happy mines staying on the forum anyway :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Lee's was bought from Steve @ R-sport cars as well so had been properly prepped etc before Lee got it.