ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Well just got off the phone to Westover Renault and my order from 8th april has now got estimated delivery of mid October changed from august then September ...... consider my order cancelled.

Well done Renault officially the s**ttest dealer ever.

Staggering really, 6 month wait for a mass produced Clio is mental in my eyes!

They given you a reason for the delay?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Staggering really, 6 month wait for a mass produced Clio is mental in my eyes!

They given you a reason for the delay?

They aren't mass produced. In fact the way they are produced isn't very cost effective at all. They're delivered to dieppe and put together mainly by hand.

That said, 6 month wait is still not on. I'm unsure as to why they couldn't tell you a rough delivery date from the start.

BG 182cup
There is a lot of ruffled feathers in Dieppe apparently over Top Gears' shift of opinion for this... picking a fiesta over their new baby...

Much the same as when they dropped a clanger with the early Megane 225FF and then quickly released a Trophy and cup packs ;)

..so Don't jump ship yet I'd expect them to pull something out the hat quick, especially as then New Megane is going to be Paddle shift only also...oops!

They've got no excuse they own Nissan and the 370z Paddle boxes are schweet so lets see eh?!! ;)

Has to be the first worst car launch ever. By the time they are actually able to build some cars for the UK, most of the market will have already bought the fiesta or 208.

GTD, Lupo
Has to be the first worst car launch ever. By the time they are actually able to build some cars for the UK, most of the market will have already bought the fiesta or 208.

The whole launch so far has been so confusing. They have a GW one at my local Renault garage but its sitting out the back under a tree gathering sap! Whilst the showroom is full of Dacia Dusters!! and a Twisy.

Its almost like RUK dont want to sell them.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
This is comical, at least if you struggled to get a test drive of a previous 200 you had the press raving about it and the fact it was £200 deposit and £200 a month pcp to tempt you!!!!

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
I wasnt given any reason for delay "its just because there made to order sir" ...crap.anyway the guy didn't seem to care he just lost 20k of business and gave me my deposit back.

On a brighter note im going to look at a couple 993s : p

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If I had ordered one of these instead of the ST, I'd have probably cancelled it by now as well.

As said, all the prospective customers will be rolling in Fords and Peugeots by the time Renault have some kind of meaningful supply volume and a dealer network that actually gives a flying f**k.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
There is a lot of ruffled feathers in Dieppe apparently over Top Gears' shift of opinion for this... picking a fiesta over their new baby...

I suspect, judging by how f**king useless they are at making and selling the thing, that the number of f***s they give over anyone's opinion of it is liable to be extremely limited too.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I told you this will be the end of Clio Rs range being at the top.

They've lost the market for a long long time now, ford are way ahead, even with the aftermarket parts too

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I went into the renault garage at Denby dale and they had three! A white one, black one and yellow one - all looked really good.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Article on PH today: http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=28514

For reference, Ford have sold more than 3000 Fiesta ST's in the same period.

We are quite happy to wait until hopefully a more sportier RS clio arrives :rasp: as last time Ford sold a small turbo hatchback, 1989, most off them blew up or got knicked, you youngsters will not remember this but its true because mine blew up and my wifes mates car was stolen from a station car park. The Ford main dealers in Witham has just closed :approve: also Lookers Renault in Chelmsford has shut and John Pease Renault in Braintree shuts end of this month, the new clio rs is aimed at the golf DINKY market, double income no kids yet lol but i think they are to many £s new.

Mini Cooper S sport
I think anyone who fancied buying one of these has lost all interest by now and gone for a Fiesta ST.

It's what I said last month! Appalling car launch.

Still think they're awesome though, shame no-one can get their paws on one! The GW one someone posted in this thread is stunning. The one person who's actually managed to buy one.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
270 sold so far! Wow. It wold have been 271 if the dealer I contacted showed even the slightest interest in selling one or knowledge about the product.

Way to go Renault. Textbook example of how to royally f*** yourself.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ok so the reviews aren't on their side generally, and after myself having a nose about it its not something id consider either but I genuinely wonder how much they would have sold had they been able to offer the cars quickly?

the problem I see now is Renault seem to be refusing to offer discounts possibly to help the cars hold value yet they are still releasing special edition after special edition! I went in to look at at a megane 265 today and by the time I added the VITAL options it was nudging 30k and they were not even willing to knock 2k off it, no thanks when they have a 3yr old 250 for £13k for sale!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Think I've seen one... no offence to any prospective buyers but it was in white and tbh I can't really tell the RS from the non-RS in white at any kinda distance.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Think I've seen one... no offence to any prospective buyers but it was in white and tbh I can't really tell the RS from the non-RS in white at any kinda distance.

From the front rs don't have foglights has led day time running lights, from the rear twin exhausts.

Stands out when I look at one although the side looks the same!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Article on PH today: http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=28514

For reference, Ford have sold more than 3000 Fiesta ST's in the same period.

I lol'd.

270 sold so far! Wow. It wold have been 271 if the dealer I contacted showed even the slightest interest in selling one or knowledge about the product.

Way to go Renault. Textbook example of how to royally f*** yourself.

The 270 figure is Clio's uk sales. The 3000 figures is Fiesta's Europe-wide figure.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I thought I seen a White one but could have just been a normal one. I couldn't tell.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Someone by me has chopped in their GW200 Cup for a Fiesta ST. He has some dodgy red on front bumper/splitter - that said, it does look good.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I thought I seen a White one but could have just been a normal one. I couldn't tell.

Same here, I saw a black one on the otherside of a dual carriageway. Looked smart but don't know if it was a 200t.

Theres a handful on PH classifieds, I was surprised given the lack of availability!