ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

First post in here, is everybody moaning about prices and that it looks s**t? I faking love it.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

So why do Renault make a clio if its the same as a focus?

Surely it's because the clio is better than the fiesta, maybe that's why people compare it with the focus!

Lastly is this thread about the car or people having ago at people's views!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

Lol at comparisons to the Focus.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

So what does the Megane see as its competition? Ferraris?

182 cup

Not just cars will go up. Everything that is imported will go up 25% including petrol and gas. But your wages won't.

If you think that means nothing will change, you might want to re-think.

The fact is that car sales are a disaster in mainland Europe at the moment. That is highly relevant to this topic as it will clearly dictate what Renault can charge for the new Clio, and indicates where prices will go in the future.

It's amazing you get out of bed in the morning with all this coming have you given up on life yet? My guess is your not going to get a job as the head of a company or motivational speaker hahaha
Should they scrap them all or maybe make some changes and make their cars more appealing to more people and keep going. Let me tell you what I think they will do.......

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Hope the Recaro's are ones like in the Corsa VXR, Focus ST etc, rather than the ones in the 197/200.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

There are some right numpties on here these days, I'm seeing why I stopped coming here (apart from the fact everyone thought I was a c**t)

The Renaultsport Megane, Clio and Twingo are vastly different cars with massive differences in performance and price, how the hell could anyone even suggest that any of them compete with each other?

The megane is in competition with the Focus ST etc.
The clio is in competition with the Fiesta ST etc.
The twingo is in competition with the Fiesta Zetec S etc.

They all fit perfectly into a business model without treading on each others toes, they offer different levels of practicality and size aswell as performance and price, I'm not sure how anyone could even try to suggest that they compete with themselves.

There is nothing at all wrong with the new age of modern 5 door hot hatches who cleverly hide the rear doors. They look perfectly fine yet offer an extra level of practicality without compromising the look of the car.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member

Renault hinted that this option will come, eventually...

Jeremy over on Ruk stated

"Never say never, but there's no current plan
"
Personally I can't understand there stance on the Recaros, To me anyway they make such a huge difference to the driving experience, A small redesign to the bolster on the Sportster CS's would do anyway with all the warranty claims and wear issues..

Maybe it's because they seem incapable of of trimming them in a material that will withstand normal use without falling apart?

They don't care though. Never have done. I bet the Clio IV steering wheels will also melt, for example.

Clio 200

Jeremy over on Ruk stated

"Never say never, but there's no current plan
"
Personally I can't understand there stance on the Recaros, To me anyway they make such a huge difference to the driving experience, A small redesign to the bolster on the Sportster CS's would do anyway with all the warranty claims and wear issues..
Me neither – the Recaros are absolutely perfect, are light and feel sublime. You just wouldn't think that something so thin-looking could be so comfortable and supportive. The wear issue is one I've not encountered, probably because I lift myself into the seat, rather than a sideways shuffle, oh, and I'm not fat. When my 197 went in October after 4.5 years motoring, they were totally unmarked.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

So why are new car sales in europe falling at their fastest level ever? Who is not buying these cars? Maybe the manufacturers should ask why?

In fact, maybe they should come on this forum and actually see what people want. Rather than telling people what they want. The latter results in people not buying their cars. Which is now happening en mass. Peugeot released a string of ugly, crappy cars, with warm hatch range toppers and they have just gone BANKRUPT.

Renault next? They need to listen and stop dictating.

People want manual gearboxes, xenon lights, recaros, and they want to the price of the car to be realistic to their wages. If they dont listen they will go the same way as Peugeot.

Why don't you go post your great economic mindset in a different thread, preferably on a different forum tbh. The way you go on you expect the new RS to be free with the next copy of the Beano.

So why are new car sales in europe falling at their fastest level ever? Who is not buying these cars? Maybe the manufacturers should ask why?

In fact, maybe they should come on this forum and actually see what people want. Rather than telling people what they want. The latter results in people not buying their cars. Which is now happening en mass. Peugeot released a string of ugly, crappy cars, with warm hatch range toppers and they have just gone BANKRUPT.

Renault next? They need to listen and stop dictating.

People want manual gearboxes, xenon lights, recaros, and they want to the price of the car to be realistic to their wages. If they dont listen they will go the same way as Peugeot.

Chris, in all seriousness, do you work in the industry? I only ask because, with all due respect, you seem to know pretty much nothing about the goings on within it.

Price i not important then? I think its probably the most important factor. Others allowed to discuss it but because i can do so in more detail my opinion is not valid?

It's because of who you are mainly, Rob.

Maybe they should sell the car to you at a loss. That would be good news for the auto industry that you seem to know so much about.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Price i not important then? I think its probably the most important factor. Others allowed to discuss it but because i can do so in more detail my opinion is not valid?

Not my point was it? If you want to go talk about the eu car economy and those wider issues go start a thread on it.

I actually think you are wrong anyway. We have been through a period of stupidly cheap cars. This is now reversing back to their natural equilibrium.

You must have really got upset back in 1995 when a ford fiesta classic 1.1 was 9k brand new.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

So Renault need to start giving their cars away for free to avoid bankruptcy?

Serious question as I CBA to search the thread... How is the clio like a focus?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Chris you remind me of Lusty and for that reason you should stop talking, you take clueless to a whole new level.

Go and tell the Germans they can't price cars over 20k in the current economic climate.

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member

Thats what I mean a Small amount of extra padding to the bolsters and have them half trimmed in leather.. problem solved

The megane rs265 cup with recaros already has this , so they could just carry it over to the clio

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

So Renault need to start giving their cars away for free to avoid bankruptcy?

Serious question as I CBA to search the thread... How is the clio like a focus?

Think it was down to suggested price of the clio being 2k more than the st!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1

Is it just me or does it sound a bit.... uneventful, dare I say boring ? I can imagine exhausts being popular on this.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but I'm 99% sure I read on here (copy and pasted from Renault themselves) that the Clio 4 RS was in fact being pitched agains the Focus ST. I'll be dammed if I can find where it was posted though. So for now, we'll assume I dreamt that and made it up.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Still not a fan.

I am stupid and poor though, which is tainting my opinion.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF

I heard the RS after this one will have a old f1 engine fitted and will have wings

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i wasnt a fan of the non rs then saw one in the flesh and it looks brilliant, i hope the RS is the same as in the pics im not keen on it at all.

not that id buy one as the dealers are all c***s