ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like it in LY with Black but I think it's because it looks like Megane 265.

An orange one
It still just leaves me cold :( I want to like it I really do, I'm a massive Renault fan but I can't find anything special about this new RS.

An orange one
Take one for a drive!

Oh yes I will be doing when my local dealers get one in, may try and blag one for a day when the Vee goes for cambelt etc. long shot but it might work!

I still say in 3 door with arches it would look pretty immense, it's just so long and narrow looking

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I'm hoping they'll be no tortue at all. There should be comfort that the little extra the Clio RS gives isn't worth the £3.5k ish extra Renault wanted for it.

Don't go any where near one :nono: as you know you'll regret choosing the dated looking ST :sleepy:eek:ver the fresh all new Clio :D and then you'll be thinking, well £3.5K wasn't really that much more and I could have saved up the difference buy the time it actually comes to parting with the cash. ;)

I actually think they look great for a standard car now I've seen a few in the flesh... Just wish they'd done a bit more with the RS styling.

Lionel Richie
Yes, but i'm a massive Renaultsport fan boy. In fact, this club is the sole reason I wanted to work for Renault, and if it wasn't very good I would say so.

I agree with you on the beep though. Paddles also take some getting used to on the column.

so about a 12 then LOL ;)

can you tell townsend on the "Alpine" edition it needs steering wheel mounted paddles and instead of the beep you need Mr T saying "change gear fool" then i'll buy one

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't go any where near one :nono: as you know you'll regret choosing the dated looking ST :sleepy:eek:ver the fresh all new Clio :D and then you'll be thinking, well £3.5K wasn't really that much more and I could have saved up the difference buy the time it actually comes to parting with the cash. ;)

Lols, you mean the MK3 gearstick they used in the normal car and the mk2 mirror controls are new? Awesome!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
995808_10151698039471061_1676710370_n.jpg

​This looks so plain it's untrue... but at least the wheels look half decent!

The colour options as I see them:

* White - seems great in a showroom / when the car is not moving. When it is, it loses some of its appeal IMO.
* Black - the most aggressive colour and usually good looking on small hot hatches but the front is missing the contrast between the car paint and the dark horizontal line around the badge. This makes the front looking a bit worse than all other version IMO.
* Red - probably good looking objectively but I wouldn't want to drive red car myself.
* Yellow - it suits this car but the paint is quite expensive and everyone will notice you. May be a good or a bad thing, depending on your preference.
* Silver - the dark horse IMO. The colour is practical, quite discreet so the hatch will surprise other cars on the road (a good thing IMO). However, there are nice silvers and not so nice silvers and because no one has ever seen a silver Clio here where I live, it was too much of a risk; silver is also a fleet car colour here which put me off a bit.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I think silver is the best colour, but it definitely needs the cup packed black wheels to pull it off imo.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Finally seen one in the flesh today at Renault Dumbarton!

I'm well impressed with it, its white with black wheels - should hopefully be test driving it this week end, i'll report back!

Focus ST-2
They've royally ballsed the launch. I've cancelled my order, only found out about the delay for V2 monitor on here, and it took the dealer 2 days to confirm the earliest I'd get my car was late November. Focus ST now and it's costing less on 2 year PCP. The service so far from Ford has been infinitely better.

Mini Cooper S sport
When is someone on here getting one of these things?

Loads of people on CS had 182s/197s/200s as soon as they came out..

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
When is someone on here getting one of these things?

Loads of people on CS had 182s/197s/200s as soon as they came out..

Lol Nobody is crazy enough to buy one just yet! Just can't see how you can place an order for a £20K car without seeing one or driving it and My RS dealership won't be getting a demo car in until Sept!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lol Nobody is crazy enough to buy one just yet! Just can't see how you can place an order for a £20K car without seeing one or driving it and My RS dealership won't be getting a demo car in until Sept!

It has been a poor launch as I've said before, even Renault dealers that I've spoken with have said its been a bit of a tits up affair :(

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

All RS Dealers are supposed to have them by the 25th of this month according to RUK - some none RS dealers already have them in their showrooms (not necessarily a demo car though). If your local RS dealers isn't getting one until September doesn't say a great deal about their enthusiasm for the brand more like a lack of drive - they should be screaming at Renault to have their 'Flagship' Clio in asap not three months after they've been on the road in the UK (that is if first deliveries for the none RS monitor cars is on schedule).

Mini Cooper S sport

It's taking bloody ages!!

I would point out a few people ordered previous models without seeing or driving them.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
All RS Dealers are supposed to have them by the 25th of this month according to RUK - some none RS dealers already have them in their showrooms (not necessarily a demo car though). If your local RS dealers isn't getting one until September doesn't say a great deal about their enthusiasm for the brand more like a lack of drive - they should be screaming at Renault to have their 'Flagship' Clio in asap not three months after they've been on the road in the UK (that is if first deliveries for the none RS monitor cars is on schedule).

Crazy eh steve

they have offered to try and get a demo car from another dealership for me to have a go in but there own isn't due to Sept at the earliest, so i really don't know what to think tbh

Have been offered a drive of one at Renault wolvo which I presume is the car renault bham have offered to try and get over so might just make the drive over to wolverhampton and save any hassle!

Just thought I'd let people who may be local to Banbury that Jaybee motors have a yellow RS parked out the front, saw it yesterday driving past.
Got so say Even after seeing one today at CSS, I'm still not a fan. The rear end looks ok, I don't like the front and overall it is just too big for what a Clio should be. imo
Here's hoping Renault do something good with the next gen twingo

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
had a look around a liquid yellow one in my local dealers, guy came over briefly told me that it has launch control does 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds and they aren't getting a demo in, neither is any of the Arnold clarks in this area, if I want one I need to buy one lol No thanks!

​Just thought I'd post up my opinions on the new RS Clio as I've been reading this thread from the start. I'm looking to replace my 2 year old Citroen DS3 THP with something a bit quicker/more fun, although it has been a brilliant car.

The 2 cars I've been watching since they were announced are the RS Clio 200T and the Ford Fiesta ST, I've now driven both of these, although my test drive in the Clio wasn't as long as I would have liked. I'll go through he main areas of each car below.

Engine: Fiesta wins here for me, although they aren't too far apart. It felt like there was more power throughout the rev range, especially when using the full throttle overboost of the Fiesta. Both cars have nearly no noticeable turbo lag. both sound very good for standard 1.6 turbo engines.

Gearbox: Unlike most magazine reviews I'm not too bothered by the Double Clutch only for the Clio. It definitely wasn't as quick as some of the best DCT transmissions but in my opinion is much better than the 7 speed used in the Fabia/polo/Cupra. Full manual mode was great, won't change up for you, although will change down to prevent a stall. Sport mode held on to gears longer and was much more eager to kick down in auto. The fiestas gearbox is a nice manual to use, although not one of the very best. I'd call it a draw on that. The Clios certainly isn't as bad as its made out to be.

Chassis: Unfortunately I didn't get to push the Clio through any decent corners, but the ride was impressive for a hot hatch on the Cup chassis and certainly a massive change frame previous Cup chassis RS Clios. Traction also seemed great.

The Fiesta is harder riding but not overly firm, a fraction harder than the DS3 I'm used too but with better body control. Traction was impressive but TC control did cut in a few times on full throttle in 2nd gear. Grip was great through the corners and the car was adjustable with throttle inputs although I didn't get anywhere near the limit of grip on the test drive.

This conclusion on this is really what your looking for in a car, The Clio felt more grown up, the fiesta more fun and chuckable, closer to previous RS Clios.

Interior/toys: I'd give this to the Clio, felt a lot nicer than I expected and a class above the fiesta as far as materials etc, the tablet/screen worked well, nice graphics, and was responsive much better than the small and slightly distant screen in the fiesta. Seats were much better and more supportive than they look in photos but the Fiestas recaros are better.

Just for a comparison i'll include the prices I've been quoted on PCP finance with a £2500 deposit.

Fiesta ST with all options over 36 months - £16,900 - which works out about £210 a month.

RS Clio Lux with Cup Chassis, over 48 months - £20,900 - which works out at £322 a month.

As it stands there is no contest for me, the fiesta is much better value, although I really liked the Clio so am going to work on getting that monthly payment down to closer to the fiesta.

Sorry for the long post but I hope that helps people still undecided.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I did one lap in the new Clio 200T yesterday at bedford, from that i decided I like the balance and the chassis seems really good. I think the gearshift is slow both going up and down, especially going down, but it has a auto change down when you floor it so its sort of ok i guess.

I would of liked more laps but I they only had time to give me 1, it was a shame as i was really liking the car.

Had a drive of this today, not very thorough but I think it made my mind up..

I really wanted to get on with it but it was uneventful, quiet, snoozably comfortable and had five doors.. The GTR and spaceship noises were the worst things I've ever heard in a car as well, SO tacky.

I found the gearbox to be slow in changing using the paddles and auto, both up and down. Apparently they funnel noise into the cabin, but it was still so quiet it was hard to hear where the revs were.

It didn't feel as urgent as my 200 and all the sport button did on the road was hold onto the revs painfully long because it didn't know I was coming to traffic lights lol.

The salesman was literally stumped at the fact the interior has orange bits and red belts inside... shocking.

Anyway, the figures were £21,945 OTR / £3k down, 48 x £340.57

Options of LY paint, Cup chassis and Lux.

Got a quote for a Megane RS out of interest because they are knocking off VAT - £25,588 / £3k down, 48 x £410
Cup Chassis, Oyster grey.

1005967_10152986025255290_1236857646_n.jpg