ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not comparing anything. I'm just shocked that most owners won't have driven the car!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
buying a car without driving is something that depending on the car doesn't usually bother me, I didn't drive a 200 before buying mine but I was happy with the reviews, I had owned most other clio RS so I knew what to expect and it delivered!!

this new one is too "different" for me to order without driving however due to a different gearbox, turbo engine etc, id want a drive first.

I agree with danny though what a crap launch, dealers don't have any, delay on options, pricing issues to begin with. My money would be with one of the Fords if I was buying new

Honda S2000
I test drove one at the Middlesbrough dealer. It was a cup one in yellow. It looked good in the flesh and I was pretty impressed with the drive. I didn't quite get on top of the auto box it has to be said, as more time is needed to really get to know how it works. I'm hoping to get one for 1st Sept though as I was impressed enough. It's quite a different car to the out-going ones, but that's not really of any interest to me. Having an S2000 now, I'm after something a little softer and more live-able.

Renaults
Do you wanna know something really shocking its DIRECT INJECTION (IDE) :/ but it has got Nissan input the same engines fitted in Juke (with less power)
Engine code M5M

Honda S2000
What sort of deals are being offered on this?
To give you some idea, the deal offered to me was something like (from memory)...

Car price @ £23,100
Deposit @ £6,300 (£4k cash, £1,800 PX, £500 discount)
48 months @ £269
Balloon payment @ £6,500
Interest rate works out at about 5.5% which is better than regular Clio deals on the website, so not sure if that's 100% accurate.

Depreciation is the only real concern, but £6,500 isn't a huge end payment, and hopefully the cars worth at least that after 4 years.

Out of interest, after 3 years I think £9,500 would be outstanding to pay off, and the projected value of the car is little more than £10k.

The 4 years deal includes servicing, warranty and roadside assistance too.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
To give you some idea, the deal offered to me was something like (from memory)...

Car price @ £23,100
Deposit @ £6,300 (£4k cash, £1,800 PX, £500 discount)
48 months @ £269
Balloon payment @ £6,500
Interest rate works out at about 5.5% which is better than regular Clio deals on the website, so not sure if that's 100% accurate.

Depreciation is the only real concern, but £6,500 isn't a huge end payment, and hopefully the cars worth at least that after 4 years.

Out of interest, after 3 years I think £9,500 would be outstanding to pay off, and the projected value of the car is little more than £10k.

The 4 years deal includes servicing, warranty and roadside assistance too.

​Is that a limited mileage deal?

Renaults
No that's true. We ended up with 4 Renault test engines years ago k5m it was obviously the k4m with IDE and Renault must of scrapped the idea, they used the same pressure regulator as the 2.0 IDE. Ill get some pictures of them they look really strange. I put them in a separate thread.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
All new petrol cars are IDE (direct injection) it's more fuel efficient and yields more power. Mitsubishi have been doing it for years with no major problems. The IDE f5r would have been a success had they not put the sensors in the wrong place (its heat that kills them)

​dont let that put you off. Only difference between IDE and this is this comes coupled with a blower

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not strictly true Jaff as Mitsubishi, GM and even VAG have all had issues with heat soak on the direct injection platforms (GM exactly the same as Renaults IIRC).

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Either way, issues have no been resolved, I would assume so anyway bring as nearly every petrol car for sale these days uses this tech.

​which was the point I was making

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Have been lucky enough to drive one of these at Donnington today. They really are fantastic :eek:, rev really nicely and sounds fantastic. I've never used an EDC/PDK/DSG gearbox before, and I can't say I was finding myself wishing it was changing gear quicker, in fact I thought it was very impressive. Multi-change down function is great, exhaust gives a bit of a pop and a crackle on the down shifts too. Felt much quicker than a 200, although that will have been the extra torque. Launch control is pretty savage as well. On the handling front, felt very composed. The new hydraulic suspension is something pretty special, wouldn't have thought something could ride that well yet go around corners at the speed you pushed it too.

All in all, great car. Hopefully my experience will be shared when they're availible for test drive (around now/early July).

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
^you work for Renault don't you?

on a scale of 1-10 how annoying is "the beep"?

Yes, but i'm a massive Renaultsport fan boy. In fact, this club is the sole reason I wanted to work for Renault, and if it wasn't very good I would say so.

I agree with you on the beep though. Paddles also take some getting used to on the column.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Launch control is pretty savage as well.

As a matter of interest what's the warranty like if L/C is used? Or is that still yet to be determined?

Have Renault got a 'Flicker Data' type system to view how and when it's used?

I've no interest in the car unfortunately as I think Renault have made some fairly large oversights in its design and target market.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I've no interest in the car unfortunately as I think Renault have made some fairly large oversights in its design and target market.

Not really. The idea is to broaden the appeal of the car. Past models are testing at times. This is the whole package. Chris Harris's review on it was pretty spot on really, and he really 'got' what the car was about.

Anyway, RE launch control; Fully warrantied. It will only let you use it if the parameters are correct.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Interesting RE the warranties, not like the R35 then.

I guess only time will tell if Renault have dropped a bollock or not :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Few pictures

1005708_10151698039621061_1378280356_n.jpg

photo.php

971099_10151698039476061_1184664060_n.jpg

995808_10151698039471061_1676710370_n.jpg

1016067_10151700083101061_918600898_n.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I was surprised as well.

Yup, proof is in the pudding I guess!

I guess the warranty Vs launch on the Clio inspires some faith in the reliability and strength of the box on Renault SA's part, lets hope it's more reliable than the box's in its predecessors :p

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I am waiting for a black Clio RS and am thinking about giving it the look of a standard Clio with the red packet. It really does look good and I am not so sure about the pure-black Clio RS.

Already asked this bit on the renault sport forum unfortunately you can't spec any colours it's anthracite only on the RS model so you'll have to take the bits you want colouring to your local body shop unless you have the means to donut yourself
That's 2 black RS Clios ordered then was hoping September but now looks like October/November due to the r-link and monitor V2 delays

Already asked this bit on the renault sport forum unfortunately you can't spec any colours it's anthracite only on the RS model so you'll have to take the bits you want colouring to your local body shop unless you have the means to donut yourself
That's 2 black RS Clios ordered then was hoping September but now looks like October/November due to the r-link and monitor V2 delays 

Yes I plan to add the red colour myself, possibly using some kind of foil.

I should have my Clio in August. It will be R-Link but without R.S. Monitor unfortunately. Hopefully local dealer will be able to "hack" the software into the R-Link system although I will be missing things such as G-forces, GPS etc. which require sensors not present in my car.

Have been lucky enough to drive one of these at Donnington today. They really are fantastic :eek:, rev really nicely and sounds fantastic. I've never used an EDC/PDK/DSG gearbox before, and I can't say I was finding myself wishing it was changing gear quicker, in fact I thought it was very impressive. Multi-change down function is great, exhaust gives a bit of a pop and a crackle on the down shifts too. Felt much quicker than a 200, although that will have been the extra torque. Launch control is pretty savage as well. On the handling front, felt very composed. The new hydraulic suspension is something pretty special, wouldn't have thought something could ride that well yet go around corners at the speed you pushed it too.

All in all, great car. Hopefully my experience will be shared when they're availible for test drive (around now/early July).

Impressions very similar to mine. It truly is a wonderful little car.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Yes I plan to add the red colour myself, possibly using some kind of foil.

I should have my Clio in August. It will be R-Link but without R.S. Monitor unfortunately. Hopefully local dealer will be able to "hack" the software into the R-Link system although I will be missing things such as G-forces, GPS etc. which require sensors not present in my car.

Mine will probably never go near a track I just like the toys and for £250 why not
Didn't expect the delay though

Exactly. I was given a choice between Clio without the Monitor in August and with Monitor in November. I chose August though I will miss this toy a little bit.