ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

Black Clio GT
i have been moaning about my car a bit and saying i wouldnt get another new renault, but the possatives about this car out weighs the little niggly bits.

comparing the clio gt and twingo rs in terms of performance they were very similar, yes the twingo was more fun to drive and slightly faster but i was quite happy to trade that for the extra space/practicallitys the clio has over the twingo.

Not a 320d
i have been moaning about my car a bit and saying i wouldnt get another new renault, but the possatives about this car out weighs the little niggly bits.

comparing the clio gt and twingo rs in terms of performance they were very similar, yes the twingo was more fun to drive and slightly faster but i was quite happy to trade that for the extra space/practicallitys the clio has over the twingo.

Same reason i went for a GT, and i have to admit, i find the problems easy to live with in comparason to the rest of the car, so ive been moaning like a b**ch for no reason, its a lot of fun, and i think with coilovers it should be even more so.

Black Clio GT
im not going to bother with coilovers yet.
just some springs and spacers will do me for now,which i have orderd today.
should be on my desk this time next week, hopfully get them on over the x-mas break and get some photos up using my x-mas present from the mrs :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Tbh, if you don't like the thread gtfo. Simple as. Nobody is forcing you to comment here are they? If you can't say anything constructive then why comment.

Not a 320d
Not really, I own a GT and all the comments here are about the car and living with it etc. Yeah Cliotoby moans but at least its on topic :)

My comments are constructive......in a non constructive way, but your right, im telling people what problems i have in the hope someone will pop out and say, well, do so and so and itll work ..... etc so on so forth.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL true but neithers just posting stuff about my mum. Or just generally debunking the thread because you don't like it.

Gaz's opinion is that the car is s**t. He could have written, as some have, that the car is not good IN THERE OPINION because this this this.

Instead he just put the car IS and overweight barge etc. Express an opinion by all means but forcing an opinion is... gay. Or insulting.

Mini Cooper S
My comments are constructive......in a non constructive way, but your right, im telling people what problems i have in the hope someone will pop out and say, well, do so and so and itll work ..... etc so on so forth.

Call this number and all of your problems will be cured: 08000 72 33 72

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So now your saying the entire "faults and problems" section of the forum should be replaced with just ringing Renault?

Not a 320d
LOL true but neithers just posting stuff about my mum. Or just generally debunking the thread because you don't like it.

Gaz's opinion is that the car is s**t. He could have written, as some have, that the car is not good IN THERE OPINION because this this this.

Instead he just put the car IS and overweight barge etc. Express an opinion by all means but forcing an opinion is... gay. Or insulting.

But it an overweight barge.

:eek:

THEIR

Mini Cooper S
So now your saying the entire "faults and problems" section of the forum should be replaced with just ringing Renault?

If your car is under warrantee then why not. Why waste your own time, when it can be done for free by Renault!

PS 200
If your car is under warrantee then why not. Why waste your own time, when it can be done for free by Renault!
To be fair - ringing Renault with any of the problems described in this thread might give them (Renault) a laugh - but they'll be no closer to getting them fixed ;):D

Mini Cooper S
People need common sense to deal with their minor problems!
Luckily I've only had one problem, which was my passenger lock barrel being loose. Renault sorted this efficiently.

Not a 320d
Not that i aware of, theres no confirmed map as of yet.

Should be like any other car, youll be lucky to make 4-5bhp and a few lb-ft of torque. It should make it more driveable though. IMO theres a few flat spots in the GT and im hoping the remap would smooth it out a little.

R26
Also, as there are only a few differences between the Clio GT and Twingo RS engines (Renualt says cylinder head, camshafts and mapping) someone who does Twingo RS maps can probably do one for the GT...

Not a 320d
Im not fussed about power increases as such, its more the torque delivery im concerned about and getting rid of those flat spots.

Not a 320d
Yeah theres very little down below about 3k. I sometimes think my 1.2 was a little easier to drive lol. But a few more lb-ft below its peak from low revs would be a real treat. Ill be taking mine to RS tuning in leeds next year as the seem to have a good reputation.

Not a 320d
Oh I will do don't worry.

Jase, when you first got the car did the engine start up smoothly without kicking up a fuss. When mines stone cold in the morning it seems to chug and cough a tiny bit now but it used to be perfect......

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Saw a white one of these this morning.

The wheels look lost in the arches imo, a nice set of wheels and thats a decent looking wee motor

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Anyone on here near bicester? There's a GT Ive seen the past few days which is identical to mine. Even down to the Vanilaroma air freshner y0