ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

Black Clio GT
lol this is my 3rd different mk of clio, i had about 3.5 mk1s, a mk2 billabong and now this mk3 gt. i miss my golf gti never had any of these little niggles and reminding myself how/why i got p**sed off with my mk2. dont think ill ever buy another new renault, even though they will remain a passion of mine (well mk1s will any way)!!!

Not a 320d
I would be tempted to buy a meggy next but im not sure i could put up with the Shitty build quality and materials anymore, might go Honda next.

Not a 320d
Reno should know how to do clutch pedals by now!

Oh and its slow as s**t. Why make a gearbox that seems relativly quick but have a clutch pedal that takes the piss.

Nothing wrong with touching minors mate ;) So long as theyre 16. :clown:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Okay, booked it in for next wednesday. They had a look and concluded it SHOULD all be warrenty.

My brakes only make a weird noise if they are not fully off when i pull away.

Apparently the glovebox is pissed on all MK3's. Oh and waitey, i don't touch minors.

Not a 320d
Well they didnt know what i was on about and of course the brakes didnt make the noise when i took them out in it, and the clutch does that noise thing on all of them. FFS

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My clutch only just started squeeking, will only need some WD40 or something.

OH and there is a common fault with all face lift MK3's regarding the wiper motors. FAO the Mk3 ph2 owners. Mine's getting sorted :)

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just about everyone in this thread tbh :L Well, everyone with a MK3 ph2 ;). Edited for you :)

120d M Sport
I would be tempted to buy a meggy next but im not sure i could put up with the s**tty build quality and materials anymore, might go Honda next.

Oh my word give it a rest! 25 odd pages of your whining drivel about a 1.6 clio!:rolleyes:

Bottom line is...who really cares?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Cliotoby you do moan about the car a lot tbh. You even said the seats are s**t, but everyone including me loves them! Out numbered on your opinion in quite a few areas actually.

Not a 320d
Cliotoby you do moan about the car a lot tbh. You even said the seats are s**t, but everyone including me loves them! Out numbered on your opinion in quite a few areas actually.

Oh yeah im on an internet forum sorry. Individual opinions are not of any importance. The seats are okay, it just lacks support for my ass and shoulders but if i think about it its not some kind of sports car.

Im 50/50 about the car right now. I am very pleased with it overall though and despite the fact its sits like a tractor, it also looks great too (IMO). Its got a few issues i dont like about it but it doesnt mean to say i hate it. No cars perfect.

I wish to formally apolagise to all those offended by what i have said, and in no way wanted to cause any upset.

Mini Cooper S
I'm sure my seats de/incline at the same angle and I can never get the perfect seating position....bit of an annoyance tbh!

Mini Cooper S
Cruising its fine, but in town I always have to lift off the back a bit/lean towards the steering wheel. Also my seats have no support whatever for corners, but they're different to yours!

120d M Sport
Oh yeah im on an internet forum sorry. Individual opinions are not of any importance. The seats are okay, it just lacks support for my ass and shoulders but if i think about it its not some kind of sports car.

Im 50/50 about the car right now. I am very pleased with it overall though and despite the fact its sits like a tractor, it also looks great too (IMO). Its got a few issues i dont like about it but it doesnt mean to say i hate it. No cars perfect.

I wish to formally apolagise to all those offended by what i have said, and in no way wanted to cause any upset.

Are you a fat fcuk? and no need to apologise, its just this thread has sorta turned into your personal ownership blog and its a tad daft. Ah well

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
TBH this whole thread is gay, and i cant believe its got so long. You're all fools for buying this overweight underpowered barge. You should have got the RS 133, much much better (proper) warm hatch ;)

Not a 320d
Are you a fat fcuk? and no need to apologise, its just this thread has sorta turned into your personal ownership blog and its a tad daft. Ah well

No im not, i would describe myself as normal build, 6,1 and 11 stone. Your right though, ive been complaining about it non stop.

TBH this whole thread is gay, and i cant believe its got so long. You're all fools for buying this overweight underpowered barge. You should have got the RS 133, much much better (proper) warm hatch ;)

If id of wanted a 133 i would have got one, if id of wanted its plastic dashboard and gay layout with ahsit steering wheel, p**s poor driving position that is worse than my GT's, s**t seats and what i can only describe as a flat rear end, i would have purchased one. I dont give a s**t if its faster and more capable.

Cruising its fine, but in town I always have to lift off the back a bit/lean towards the steering wheel. Also my seats have no support whatever for corners, but they're different to yours!

i thought it was me even with reach adjustment on the steering wheel i just cant get my seat right it feels im twisting to the right at the moment :dapprove:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If id of wanted a 133 i would have got one, if id of wanted its plastic dashboard and gay layout with ahsit steering wheel, p**s poor driving position that is worse than my GT's, s**t seats and what i can only describe as a flat rear end, i would have purchased one. I dont give a s**t if its faster and more capable.

So what did you buy your GT for? Comfort? No too buzzy. Pace, no, hasnt got non. RS Twingo does all the mundane stuff, and can be thrown round a B road on the way home. Would do everything the GT can, but better imo

Not a 320d
Because it was slightly better to look at and seemed a little more practical. Its interior is SLIGHTLY better.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So what did you buy your GT for? Comfort? No too buzzy. Pace, no, hasnt got non. RS Twingo does all the mundane stuff, and can be thrown round a B road on the way home. Would do everything the GT can, but better imo

I hate the way the twingo looks. Plus I've just passed my test, so to me (and people my age) this car is rapid. Handles well, looks good, nice interior. Also only Group 7 insurance. The twingo is higher.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yep, and the quote is about £1000 more. No, I don't know why. And my mums laguna is group 12 and Its about half the quote for my clio.

Plus, the twingo looks like it was slammed in the rear and I'm 6ft 4 and found it cramped tbh.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yep, and the quote is about £1000 more. No, I don't know why. And my mums laguna is group 12 and Its about half the quote for my clio.

Plus, the twingo looks like it was slammed in the rear and I'm 6ft 4 and found it cramped tbh.

Have you got two sets of knee caps?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have to say i'd go for the twingo over one of these but it is down to preference, everyone has different taste's so go what for what you like tbh.

As for Toby's attitude towards them, must be his first french car and just not used to the french character yet :rasp:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
133 EVERY time for me. The facelift clio is not a good looking car imo. Twingo is cheeky imo, looked well on TG

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I thought it looked good when the back wasnt in shot or when it was floating in the sea :) Plus my car still has the same revvy VTECesque noise! Good on the motorway too!