ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 RS VS Fiesta ST EcoBoost

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
If Renault wont sell them I'm sure some third party company will jump on the future gap in the market left by Renault.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Does any body else think with the cup spoiler it looks like the old Civic type R from the side?

S2H

RS Clio 200
The 200T looks much similar to the normal Clio IV than the 197 did to the Clio 3 though.

Yea they might decide to add the spoiler as an option. But the 197 cup could have the spoiler right from the start.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The 200T looks much similar to the normal Clio IV than the 197 did to the Clio 3 though.

Yea they might decide to add the spoiler as an option. But the 197 cup could have the spoiler right from the start.

The 197 cup wasnt available when the MK3 RS' were released though. The Cups and cup option only became available after the R27s were released. Those we released a full year after the first 197s.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This is how the road car should have looked! I'm going to take a trip to Team Pyro, seeing as they're only like 3miles from my house and have a look.

ClioCup2014_zpsa860193c.jpg

Fpmsl! That spoiler I seriously have no words for.

Note: I own a Ford Focus RS & Clio Sport 172 so cannot get accused of bias.

I'm really excited to see the Fiesta ST. As yet i've been too busy to go see one. I would like to test drive one too. Not bothered about remapping etc.

LOL. I had a mini once with "Drums all round". So awful, but "cutting edge" lol

I had a Mini with drums all round. Unfortunately it turned out more like "cutting hedge" as it barrel lolled over one and into a field. Damned washing up liquid!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Yeah - first MK7-8 with Discs all round.

I guess the ST rear discs and pads will start appearing on the ZS's and TDCI's too.

But he does say "That's a first for a Fiesta!"

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah - first MK7-8 with Discs all round.

I guess the ST rear discs and pads will start appearing on the ZS's and TDCI's too.

But he does say "That's a first for a Fiesta!"

Pretty much every report on the ST states this...I think there's a badly proofed Ford PR document to blame myself.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'd agree Mark.

As much as I hated the initial video idea, bit cringeworthy, he nailed what the car was about I think.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Actually Just found out what the style pack is, not really worth it TBH.

[h=2]ST Style Pack £275.00[/h]17'' Alloys Painted Rado Grey, Illuminated Scuff Plates and Red Brake Callipers.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's the same on the focus and its worth if just for the different colour wheels on certain colour cars

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think I want a ST1 in Red, maybe with that style pack. Job done.

Make my decision in 7 weeks.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you don't get the style pack you'd be aswell as just packing up your stuff and jumping off the nearest bridge.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
If you don't get the style pack you'd be aswell as just packing up your stuff and jumping off the nearest bridge.

Does depend on what colour you pick I think. Red without a style pack looks good. Blue needs the style pack as does white. Not sure about that orange colour, and tangerine scream it doesn't matter lol. Black without it IMO, its too dark otherwise

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol Focus is just tad to much, wanna buy cash if i can no finance or anything. Would love one really.

I orginally liked the red before i even knew it was free :) Molten is defo best, but not worth the extra.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Does depend on what colour you pick I think. Red without a style pack looks good. Blue needs the style pack as does white. Not sure about that orange colour, and tangerine scream it doesn't matter lol. Black without it IMO, its too dark otherwise

Sadly it only comes in 5 colours - and one aint Storm / Sea Grey. Molten Orange (yak) Red (no) Black (erm poss) Blue (Yes) White (HELL YES).

​Wanted Grey.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry I was on about the whole st range (focus included) dont think you can get tangerine scream on a fiesta?

Edit- no you can't lol, don't like it anyway ha

blue is a superb colour though. Not that I'm biased or anything :clap:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Unsurprisingly Spirit Blue with Style Pack gets my vote; I don't think there's too much wrong with this apart from the rear light clusters/fussy rear end which I just can't seem to get along with.

ford-fiesta-st-1-front-cornering_zps380c8272.jpg

ford-fiesta-st-12-rear-static_zpsac1c6972.jpg

ford-fiesta-st-9-panning_zpsf42060c1.jpg

ford-fiesta-st-2-rear-cornering_zps9caa1010.jpg

ford-fiesta-st-11-front-static_zps7f991525.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
It looks huge.

Seriously, I know cars are getting bigger in general but it must be almost the size of an old Fusion!

Sorry, carry on

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome! Focus wheels look better IMO but the front grille/number plate is much better on the fiesta.

​rear cluster is fussy though

They're not huge at all. It's a Mk 7 Fiesta. I presume you've seen one?

In the metal, the ST looks brilliant, and small.