ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 RS VS Fiesta ST EcoBoost

TTRS & V50
Well, I hope everyone is going to merge to Ford :O

I think Ford have done a cracking job of the new ST - http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/ford-fiesta-st-uk-first-drive-review

No longer a warm-hatch.

Clio 4 however have completely lost my vote, it's vile and does nothing for me. Yeah the engines ok, but it's just a normal road car now.

The Fiesta ST however, looks the part and does all of the above. We had the 11 plate base model 1.2's at my previous bodyshop as courtesy cars, and they were simple epic (in terms of a small car). The interior is great for a base and the turning and gearbox, oh brilliant. Never experienced turn in like that in such a basic car - I can only assume this ST will have all that, plus more.

Your thoughts ?

Ford Fiesta ST-2
Price: £17,995; 0-62mph: 6.9sec; Top speed: 139mph; Economy:47.9mpg; CO2: 138g/km; Kerb weight: 1163kg; Engine: 4 cyls, 1596cc, turbocharged, petrol; Power: 179bhp at 5700rpm; Torque:199lb ft at 1900-4000rpm; Gearbox: 6-spd manual

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
My thoughts... The ecoboost engines are simply brilliant.

when they were first announced I had my doubts but honestly they are superb

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Probably find its like the focus. Spoiler and bumpers + side skirts and badge = st

ff cup ur 200
Well, I hope everyone is going to merge to Ford :O

I think Ford have done a cracking job of the new ST - http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/ford-fiesta-st-uk-first-drive-review

No longer a warm-hatch.

Clio 4 however have completely lost my vote, it's vile and does nothing for me. Yeah the engines ok, but it's just a normal road car now.

The Fiesta ST however, looks the part and does all of the above. We had the 11 plate base model 1.2's at my previous bodyshop as courtesy cars, and they were simple epic (in terms of a small car). The interior is great for a base and the turning and gearbox, oh brilliant. Never experienced turn in like that in such a basic car - I can only assume this ST will have all that, plus more.

Your thoughts ?
i have the same reservations as you and on 1st impressions the st gets my vote, im hoping that renault get there fingers out there arse and give people the more focused version of the car that they are crying out for.

TTRS & V50
I believe the bonnet, front and back bumper is different to the ZS model. And then both ZS and ST have additional side-skirts and spoiler that base do not. So the answer to your questing is, bonnet.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's the automatic gearbox I can't get my head around.

I understand 5 doors, I understand 1.6T, I understand (to a degree) the dreadful styling. I could bypass all of that and STILL buy one because Renault always make good hot hatches, but I don't want an Automatic ffs. I want to use a clutch. Shame.

TTRS & V50
My OP would be different if the CLIO 4 RS was this:

photo0111cn.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's the fact the standard Fiesta is that brilliant. Honestly I didn't want to get out the one I was using.

The steering was utterly immense, granted the car was brand spanking new but where I stay I had no need for any power at all. Gearbox, seating, steering in a 1.25 Fiesta were better than some 25k Golf's i've driven, the car was a revelation.

I've driven probably 10+ ZS' and I can only imagine how well the ST drives. Very eager to gwt a drive in one.

2007 clio dynamique
It's the fact the standard Fiesta is that brilliant. Honestly I didn't want to get out the one I was using.

The steering was utterly immense, granted the car was brand spanking new but where I stay I had no need for any power at all. Gearbox, seating, steering in a 1.25 Fiesta were better than some 25k Golf's i've driven, the car was a revelation.

I've driven probably 10+ ZS' and I can only imagine how well the ST drives. Very eager to gwt a drive in one.

I thought the same when I had one for a few weeks it was a very good car, it didn't have much go being the 1.25 but it just felt excellent to drive, I also thought the stereo was pretty good lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought the same when I had one for a few weeks it was a very good car, it didn't have much go being the 1.25 but it just felt excellent to drive, I also thought the stereo was pretty good lol

The upgraded Sony stuff in fords is superb I've found! Pleasantly surprised tbh :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still think the 208 GTi is the looker out of the three... *prepares flamesuit*

It's not a bad car the 208 but the 3 of them are hardly pretty. The front of the ST is still hard to take but from the rear, like the ZS, no contest for me.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Am I the only person in the world that loves the guppy grille? I think it makes the front end mean as! And it really suits the fords.

its a damn site better than having a blue oval the size of France on the front

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I really like the ST, think it looks great (well better than the new Clio)

2 doors, manual and good power. Fords always have a good following so the tuners should pick up on the engines capability a very quickly and have a good range if upgrades.

Will be a serious consideration for me when it comes time to buy a new car, where as the new clio is not a consideration as I don't think it's aimed at me as a market consideration.

SG9 Forester STi
I really like the look of the new ST. Being in Essex I'm sure I'll be seeing it about alot soon lol.

As Daniel said why Renault decided to make the 4RS flappy paddle is beyond me. Surely that will only hinder sales?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Clio all day long.. Why wouldn't I choose the more superior car? Little fiesta with only 3 doors and its old fashioned gearbox..

TTRS & V50
The ultimate best would have been the Fiesta ST pre-facelift now that was a good looking little hatchback, before it got slapped round the chops by a fish.

I have to agree, only downside on the exterior. Could you not just fit a pre-factlift front-bumper and grille to it ?!

Clio all day long.. Why wouldn't I choose the more superior car? Little fiesta with only 3 doors and its old fashioned gearbox..

Hope your trolling.