ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CH!P's Flame Red Clio 172

Disastra Coupe
Haha, cool, just haven't heard from you for a while (as far as I remember!) - Adam from TartyBikes ;)

Ahh! I did wonder with the R on the end of the username! Lol... Yea dude, i've been on and off with it for last couple of years but got a Neon built up now (i was the guy who's headset didn't turn up as the address wasn't complete couple of week back). Loving riding atm!

And Dom (Narf), cheers! Yours is looking good.

Disastra Coupe
I'd also like to know what the dual pipe exhaust is too? :) and how much can I pick one up for?

It's a Mongoose. The backbox you can have off me for £40 if you like, but it's a 2.5" system so too big for a Dynamique really?!

I've fitted some new speaker's today. Some Sony Xplod job's. I'm no ICE man if i'm honest but i do like my music and the standard speaker's aren't upto much imo.

These sound a lot better and were very easy to fit :)

80480bdd-1.jpg

Also got a Pipercross Panel Filter on order, still not arrived yet though :(

EDIT: Picture resized.

Disastra Coupe
Hmmm, seems a while since i updated this! Trying to think exactly what has happened since the speakers lol.

Well i've fitted some 6000k bulbs and spaced the wheels out. 20mm front, 15mm rear.

Most recent pic's:

6090383147_bb632e50cf_b.jpg

6090927522_c8d8a4c50e_b.jpg

6090928140_db53860e3d_b.jpg

6090384591_fc25abaf4a_b.jpg

6090928778_8c54385426_b.jpg

6090385225_3971d6c0f1_b.jpg

LY 182
Super clean as always.

Is that the standard font on your plates? My eyes are playing tricks on me. Might be the border but something about those plates I don't like.

Disastra Coupe
Mr Pants, the letters are slightly smaller than standard. Illegal but it's hardly noticeable, not been pulled for it.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting. Have you passed MOTs with them? Just wonder if they actually bother to measure the letter size.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
those spacers are spot on imo. nice upgrade.

has it altered the way the car feels/drives?

have you got a pic on the spacers used? proper nice flamer you got there btw :)

Disastra Coupe
Interesting. Have you passed MOTs with them? Just wonder if they actually bother to measure the letter size.

Well, yes i have. But my MOT tester is my friend lol. So he looks at the important stuff rather than fussing over number plate sizes :)

those spacers are spot on imo. nice upgrade.

has it altered the way the car feels/drives?

have you got a pic on the spacers used? proper nice flamer you got there btw :)

Thanks :) I haven't got a picture of the spacers unfortunately :( The car, i reckon, feels more stable in bends. However it does scrub a little if cornering hard or you hit bit of a dip on the motorway. But it's only slight.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
im looking at getting some spacers myself and your is the right width that i would like to go.

where did you buy them from? also is that 20mm f/15mm r on both sides?

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Looking good mate, Getting more and more tempted on the spacers everytime i look lol.

Monaco
Looking at your car, do you reckon 25mm on the front would work? Unfortunately for me this thread made me realise just how crap the standard offset is!!!! cheers :)

Disastra Coupe
You MIGHT manage it, however mine scrubs now. A little on full lock if you're going abit too quick. Scrubs on the motorway if you hit a dip. Also scrubs if you corner hard... It's not much but it does scrub, so it's upto you.

172 Flamer
Just came across this old link of the progess to chips old car. Well i bought this car from chip and it has undergone some work since.

K-tecs uprated engine mount
k-tec uprated gear box mount
polly bush dog bone mounts
Orerca steering wheel with OMP boss
New speakers all round
New Bluetooth stereo / DVD player
Alloys refurbished and color change to black
8k xenon lights
New gear stick gator (old one had an irritating small hole)
New Engine cover in Black with decals
Black Renault badge (front)

Other Mechanical work:

Service
New crank shaft censor
new blower fan resister pack
De-cat pipe fix and exhaust reshaped and raised ( this was due to the car being so low it nearly ripped the exhaust off and cracked the decat pipe)
New battery

To Come :

2nd Service (every 5000 miles)
K-tec uprated top mounts
K-tec stage 1 map
new anti role bar polly bushes
OMP front strut brace
new rear disk's, bearings and pads
new front disk and pads

I am hoping that i will have all of this done by french car show im hoping even a nice pair of bucket seats too and the standard seats don't quiet hold on to you enough. I will post a picture as soon as i get a decent one. (when its not raining/snowing)

Clio 172 track car
This is my first post on this forum (hi all!!)
I just sold my focus RS mk2 & found myself wanting to buy a little track car, to cut a long story short I've been looking through the project section and found this thread.
This is the car that I have now bought, I'm glad I did now as it looks like chip has done some nice modifications and kept it mint!
my plans are to turn it into a road/track car, now I've seen this thread I will keep you updated with my progress. Cheers

Clio 172 track car
Cheers people, I bought the car on Sunday.
So far I've purchased:
fibreglass bonnet
fibreglass bootlid
polycarbonate rear window (robbery at £250 for a plastic window)
acwmotorsport Perspex side windows with large sliders
2x Magnum fibreglass buckets
2x Saebelt harnesses.

Ill be gutting it out inside, have it sprayed flame red inside then going to BTM to Fred for a full rollcage & a few tasty parts.
like I say, I'll try take photos & show people the progress. Thanks

Clio 172 track car
To be honest, I don't know.
I just asked Fred how much a full weld in cage was & he quoted me a price. I'm not 100% which style to get ie full or half?

Disastra Coupe
Hi pal,

Yes you bought the car off Jaysen who bought it off me. Jaysen actually txt me to say he'd sold it but my phone broke only a couple of hours later so i've now lost his number to txt him back lol.

You can rest assured the cars been properly looked after by both of us. I spent a small fortune getting it from good condition to very good and i know Jaysen spent a fair bit on it also!

Enjoy her!

Clio 172 track car
Cheers mate
when I seen the car advertised I thought it was the best spec, condition for the money I could find, I was then looking on the net at ideas for the clio & typed "flame red 172" into google & this thread came up, lol. I see on the above thread jaysen says he was looking to get it mapped, I have a RR printout for this car at 210bhp?

Disastra Coupe
Yea, i was the one who had it RR'd. If i'm honest, i'm fairly certain that's a high reading lol. I've never known a 172/182 to make that power from so few engine mods. However it's definitely a healthy engine!

Clio 172 track car
That's what I thought!! Looks good though. Haha. Yeah definatly a good car, what do you reckon to the other mods I've bought. Should be pretty quick once it's gutted & corner weighted

Disastra Coupe
Yea, should be nice and light dude! If you're looking for serious track action i'd probably swap the coilovers for something a bit more expensive personally. Fine for road use imo but i think you'd be a lot better off with something else track wise!

Clio 172 track car
Yeah I think I'm gonna get bilstein coilovers & brembo brakes. I'm going to the nurburgring in May so want the car all ready & setup for then.