ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CH!P's Flame Red Clio 172

Disastra Coupe
Wahey. Got one after year's of wanting one :)

Bought this at a bargain price. Cambelt and de-phaser need's doing but at the price i got it for it honestly doesn't matter haha :D
67k miles on her too, so the sort of mileage i wanted.

Detailed her today and put new number plate's on. Didn't get quite the correction i wanted with the machine as whilst i were machining it the sun was basically non existent and i was struggling. But the colour it's come out with is amazing!

How i did it:
Wheels rinsed and Bilberry
Rinse
Wash - Maxi Suds2 and 2BM
Rinse
CYC Ultra Fine Poly Clay and Dodo Juice Born Slippy
Rinse
Wash - (same as before)
Rinse
Menzerna Power Finish and Menz Orange Pad
Menzerna Final Finish and Menz Yellow Pad
Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite
Chemical Guy's Wet Mirror Finish
Dodo Juice Supernatural

Pics...

cliocleeean2.jpg

cliogoldandred2.jpg

clioreflection.jpg

cliogoldandred3.jpg

cliocleeean.jpg

cliogoldandred.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Ahh, you're from Mansfield... I live near Selston!
My Flamer is up for sale soon ;)

Car looks good pal, definately the best colour to have.

Haha, not far away at all then!!

Don't sell it! Lol :p

Yea, i thought the colour was nice - but now it's had some decent kit chucked at the paintwork (not literally) i really really love it. Proper happy!

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Colour has come up real nice mate! How much of a bargain was it if you don't mind me asking?

Disastra Coupe
Colour has come up real nice mate! How much of a bargain was it if you don't mind me asking?

I paid £1850 pal. My dad's in the trade so i'll get the cambelt done cheap - also a chap both me and my dad used to work with is ex-renault and has the special tools. So i'm sure he could sort us out.

But like i say, it's really nice condition, 67k miles... £1850... I couldn't find anything else that seemed to come near :)

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Thats a quality price mate, especially if you can get your mechanical work done at trade prices. Well done on the find :star:

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
best colour by far, same as mine. looks like its had a new front bumper.

And how come you have a keyhole on the drivers side door?

Disastra Coupe
Thats a quality price mate, especially if you can get your mechanical work done at trade prices. Well done on the find :star:

Cheers dude :)

It's ridiculous how cheap they are for what you get as a car, quality.

What are the plans ?

Coilovers, refurb wheels, k-tec stealth, silicone hosing and perhap's a bit of carbon. Want to keep this looking fairly standard and simple compared to the Saxo. The Sax was fun but attracted a lot of attention. Lot's of good but some bad too... It was a Saxo tbf lol. Do miss it though.

Yea, it's had a front bumper i believe. I want a couple of bit's of paintwork doing anyway. Just to neaten it out. But tbf it's a very tidy car. Love it.

Keyhole? The key fit's and work's in the door... Should it not have one there? Lol.

Haha, not far away at all then!!

Don't sell it! Lol :p

Yea, i thought the colour was nice - but now it's had some decent kit chucked at the paintwork (not literally) i really really love it. Proper happy!
Got to sell mine, got a new 200 Cup on the way lol :D
They do look amazing when clean though... I absolutely love the shine & colour of mine!

iirc all Clio's came with keyhole on drivers door until 2003. My Flamer has it (52 plate) but my old 1.2 Clio (53 plate) didnt.
i may have to buy flame red 172 now :)
Mines for sale now ;) hintidy hint

Disastra Coupe
Ah, i was going to say all the one's i've looked at seemed to have keyhole's. Explains it.

Cheers for the kind word's folks.

Disastra Coupe
The smallest of update's tbh. It's only minor but it's the small thing's that make a nice difference.

Put some Silvatec indicator bulb's and LED sidelight bulb's in today :)

The before's and after's...

Silvatec's:

Before

cliocleeean2.jpg

After
silvatecs.jpg

Sidelight's:

Before

beforeled.jpg

After
ledsidelights.jpg

No more orange egg yolk from the indicator and the LED's match the Xenon's nicer :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Love flamers, only thing i aint keen on is the double tip back box :(

Disastra Coupe
Booked in on 3rd November to have Cambelt kit and Dephaser pulley. Then my mind shall be at rest :D

Disastra Coupe
Thought i'd add some decent picture's whilst it's standard. Then i have something to look back at once i've fettled with it :y:

clionight3.jpg

clionight.jpg

clionight2.jpg

clionight4.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Had the cambelt kit, de-phaser, air filter and oil change done today :)

Looking at the auxiliary belt i'm glad we caught it when we did!

73240_459634911344_547466344_5836753_5258150_n.jpg

Glad it's all finally done!

Disastra Coupe
So, i've now got a Si's tow eye, fitted that. And some K-Tec coilovers have arrived. Just need to get them fitted.

But i went out to take some pic's of my friends Saxo today as she's selling it and thought i'd snap up a few of mine too.

5316496512_e913c34fef_b.jpg

5315906197_1560bb20c2_b.jpg

5316499312_099c640974_b.jpg

5316499620_749aef7efd_b.jpg

5316499920_58208c06c1_b.jpg

5315907471_994d0ff73f_b.jpg

5315907797_8c1ea96b0e_b.jpg

5316500936_d118076f79_b.jpg

5316501324_fa464bdc4c_b.jpg

5315908859_ed5acacccc_b.jpg

CBR1000RR Fireblade
hello chip

looks like your on nearly as many forums as me now eh.

car looks good btw, id get that exhaust sitting properly though

Disastra Coupe
hello chip

looks like your on nearly as many forums as me now eh.

car looks good btw, id get that exhaust sitting properly though

Haha, i'm on plenty of forums dude!

And cheers, yea exhaust needs sorting. Thinking i might go for a Yozza stealth later in the year. Can't stand the look of this one, although it sounds quite nice!

hi chip
looks like the clios coming on nicely.
when are the coilies going on?

Should hopefully be by the end of the month dude. Can't wait tbh, want to start tinkering with her :D

Disastra Coupe
Got the coilovers on today! Unfortunately i got my measurement's slightly wrong and when my mate (has his own garage) set it he gave me a call to say it was done. I arrived and thought 's**t, i need to raise the front!' Lol :eek:

The back, imo, sit's perfect but this weekend i'm going to get her on the jack and raise the front a bit. Then next week i'll be getting it all set up camber wise etc.

And i'll apologise the photo's are in the same place AGAIN, but it's the best place atm due to it's lighting and the shitty dark evening's :(

5349788785_74959382fb_b.jpg

5349788773_b5d9836069_b.jpg

5349788789_67131a2f38_b.jpg

5349788793_81cb3f7211_b.jpg

5349788799_38d71db3ba_b.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Don't like the exhaust, the nipple ring or the stance.

Other than that it looks like a nice car.

Disastra Coupe
Don't like the exhaust, the nipple ring or the stance.

Other than that it looks like a nice car.

Lol, well i've already said the exhaust is changing, i've said the stance was an accident and is changing at weekend. 2/3 ain't bad :rasp:

Clio 172 Cup
Oh hey there CH!P :)

I've always loved both VTR and Clio. You do look after your cars well! Colour looks really rich in the daylight pics. You will have to tell me how she feels and handles when you got her set up. Hopefully get a Clio sport or cup after my VTR too, yours looks tidy.

How does it feel to drive compared to the VTR?

Disastra Coupe
Oh hey there CH!P :)

I've always loved both VTR and Clio. You do look after your cars well! Colour looks really rich in the daylight pics. You will have to tell me how she feels and handles when you got her set up. Hopefully get a Clio sport or cup after my VTR too, yours looks tidy.

How does it feel to drive compared to the VTR?

Alright dude, feels a lot more grown up tbh. The build quality is better, the engine's nippier, handles very well, lot's more toy's, brakes are better (and my VTR had better brakes than most other VTR's i've driven)... It's really good. I do miss the Saxo though, wouldn't go back to one (unless it was a toy) but i do miss it. But as far as a daily drive goes the Clio is league's ahead :)

Looks nice on the coilovers! Flame red is a great colour. You had a wicked red VTR a while back as well didn't you?

Disastra Coupe
Looks nice on the coilovers! Flame red is a great colour. You had a wicked red VTR a while back as well didn't you?

I had a VTR but it was Mauritius Blue pal :)

funkybay.jpg

zbonnetup.jpg

And yes, i agree. Flame Red is awesome, such a nice colour in the sun!

Disastra Coupe
Thanks pal.

My interior LED's have come from Shiny Auto's today. Will get some picture's tonight, pointless taking them in daylight lol. They just replace like the glovebox, boot and roof light's, nothing chavvy lol!

Disastra Coupe
Interior light was a biatch to take pictures of with the yellow light's on our street trying to intrude, but you can still make out the bright white LED light...

5352092301_0c9935d366_b.jpg