ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brilliant - had a crash...

Trophy #387
Was just off out with a couple of mates who were in their cars too... had an accident:

Was driving down a road behind 1 mate and in front of another... As I approached the crest of a hill on a slight bend I noticed my mate slowing down and hit the brakes too, as I got over the other side I noticed there was a Smart Car parked in the middle of our side of the road, and my mate rounded it... I stopped to give way to a car coming the other way and then my mate in his Peugeot hit the back of me quite hard.

I've been driving for 5 weeks, and my mate has been driving for over a year and it was his fault... But I do not blame him for the crash.

The woman who had "parked" her Smart Car was over 1.5m from the grass verge and left no lights on, and was parked on a corner... After the accident we went to knock on the door of the house the car was parked by (who have a driveway btw) and a young boy denied that the owner of the Smart Car was in the house...

5 minutes later, as we're assessing the damage, a woman walks out of the house and gets in the car and turns the engine on (almost at a sprint pace)... I managed to get to the car before she drove off and I told her she was parked in a very dangerous position (potentially illegally?)... She said "well it's not my fault" and then drove into the side road opposite where she was parked and then parked up properly...

She got out of the car and approached us, and told us she was going to phone the police and have us breathalysed... I told her we hadn't been drinking, that she ought to find a more appropriate place to park next time, and we wrote her plate down and headed back home...

Now, my back bumper is fucked and the boot is scratched but not dented, and the boot lock is jammed... My mate has bigger issues (including a leak from under the bonnet)...

I have a few questions which i'd appreciate an answer to:
1. Is the woman who left her car in the middle of the road liable for the accident? She wasn't involved, no one hit her car... But she caused the accident by parking in what i'd deem to be an inappropriate, potentially illegal position.

2. How much do 1.2 Clio Dynamique rear bumpers cost, and how much will it cost to get the boot sorted?

And of course, discuss... :)

S4 Avant
This is the way it will always be viewed I'm afraid:

The woman whos car was parked, did not cause any accident. If your friend had left enough distance to stop in time, he could have avoided the accident. Entirely your mates fault, no ifs or buts.

Afraid its your mates fault. He should have left enough space to break in time if anything were to happy. IE someone stopped in a s**t place. Its HIS fault and only HIS. You had time to stop he should of too.

Get him to pay for the repairs.

Trophy #387
This is the way it will always be viewed I'm afraid:

The woman whos car was parked, did not cause any accident. If your friend had left enough distance to stop in time, he could have avoided the accident. Entirely your mates fault, no ifs or buts.

Ok mate, cheers

i have a feeling this may not go well for you....

In what way?

And cheers Jon, I share the name Jon G btw ;) haha... Yeh he's offered to pay and he has acknowledged that if the woman is not to blame then he is to blame... The money isn't too much of an issue I don't think.

Ok mate, cheers

In what way?

And cheers Jon, I share the name Jon G btw ;) haha... Yeh he's offered to pay and he has acknowledged that if the woman is not to blame then he is to blame... The money isn't too much of an issue I don't think.
Lol. Well its Jonathan actually ;)

If you can't open the boot, the boot floor may be creased. :/ What speed did he hit you?

Check the boot floor, if thats knackered it could easily be a write off.
Stupid place to park granted but it sounds like you may have been going abit fast and/or tailgating your mate, we've all done it, one of those things that you regret afterwards.

Do this and I will cut your balls off.
Thousands of false whiplash claims are one of the reasons that insurance costs so much.

Lol I was joking. Claiming for whiplash against your mate as well! If my mate made a whiplash claim against me id cut his balls off.

Trophy #387
Should've got a pic or three of the parked car, that may have helped, oh well, it the boots not fucked 172 bumper ftw :)

Yeh we got a few haha... Don't think I can pin anything on her though, apparently if i'd hit her she'd potentially be liable, but because she wasn't involved and my mate hit me then she's not liable.

One of lifes s**t things ey! The ironic thing is, I was just off to see a friend, and last time she was on the way to see me she crashed her car! :( Pain in the arse tbh.

If the boot floor isn't done in then a dynamique bumper will be about £30 second hand and a boot lid will be around £80.

I'd get it fully checked over first just to be on the safe side.

If possible, don't go through insurance as that will hike both your premiums up.

If you'd of hit her, you'd probably of been liable. Again for not having adequite distance to stop if something was in the way on the other side of the bridge. Could of settled 50/50 though.

e92 330i
If you two can settle it outside of insurance, do do! Check your cars ok to drive even once fixed, perfect excuse to get 172 bumper lol

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Person at the Backs fault... what road markings are there?

Google map - street view?

Gay Clio 172 phs1
I don't understand why you have posted this on here?

You would just tell your mate to pay for the damage he caused, end of?

BG 182
Unfortunately your mate is to blame even though most people would want/feel that the "woman" is to blame. On the other hand, how did you see the car and manage to stop but your mate didnt? Because thats exactly what anyone else would say, and the fact that they would jump on the fact that three friends went out in three cars for a pointless drive when some havent been driving long. I would get your car checked first for significant damage then im sure your friend will be decent enough to pay you. Sorry to hear the bad news mate, but be real grateful no police or insurance companies are involved!

my mate in his Peugeot hit the back of me quite hard.

my back bumper is f**ked and the boot is scratched but not dented, and the boot lock is jammed... My mate has bigger issues (including a leak from under the bonnet)...

He hit me at probably 10mph
???????????:S more like 30mph

passed your test few weeks back! out with your mates all in-experienced drivers driving to fast.

always ends bad tut tut. lesson learnt

Trophy #387
Were there any lines on this road?

Yeh

I don't understand why you have posted this on here?

You would just tell your mate to pay for the damage he caused, end of?

Because i had a few questions...

1.5 metres? Is that an exaggeration because that'd mean the side of car would be close to the centre line.

1 metre from the grass verge, and then 0.5 metres of grass verge before the hedge.

???????????:S more like 30mph

passed your test few weeks back! out with your mates all in-experienced drivers driving to fast.

always ends bad tut tut. lesson learnt

I managed to stop though, and the mate who hit me has been driving for 18 months and never even had a bump...

182 FF
Could be worse you could have run into teh back of you're mate! Young dumb and full of cum(I have the scars to prove). We have all been there pal take this as a lesson and slow down and read the road well ahead.

He hasnt done anything wrong lol.
Why are people assuming he was speeding just because hes a young/new driver.

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Shouldant have been racing in your 1.2s lolz... Thats what you get for stupid driving... Iv noticed that its all these crap 1.2s 1.4s that try to get me to race there crap slow cars in my tuned/striped 182cup its a joke... Its so sad you pass your test and you think your cars fast as fook when its not...

Trophy #387
IMG00435-20110311-1915.jpg

IMG00434-20110311-1915.jpg

Link to google maps picture

You can see in the first picture the junction in the background... Is she parked too close to the junction too?

A

akimbo-slice

Shouldant have been racing in your 1.2s lolz... Thats what you get for stupid driving... Iv noticed that its all these crap 1.2s 1.4s that try to get me to race there crap slow cars in my tuned/striped 182cup its a joke... Its so sad you pass your test and you think your cars fast as fook when its not...
troll.jpg

182 FF
He hasnt done anything wrong lol.
Why are people assuming he was speeding just because hes a young/new driver.
I know and you know he will be flat out impressing teh chicks. We have all been there, first car flat out. Hopefully the first crash(although not his fault) will make him think of the worst case scenario more?

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Nice parking pmsl... Should have bounced it into the headge with your mates... But I bet you guys was racing up that road...

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I know and you know he will be flat out impressing teh chicks. We have all been there, first car flat out. Hopefully the first crash(although not his fault) will make him think of the worst case scenario more?

he's done nothing wrong! its just bad luck. his mate was in the wrong for being too close. if he was going too fast then he would have hit the smart car. he didnt. the driver behind clearly though he was just slowing for the bend and didnt brake sharp enough. if his mate was too close then that proves that he wasnt driving fast, his mate with all his experience was showing off. there is no way a pug could have been close to a clio in the twistes if they were racing ;)

A

akimbo-slice

sorry but you were definatly racing up that road, look at it! i want a road like that by me

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Ranting because the crap 1.2s and 1.4s keep up?

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
True she had to have them on as it was a 40mph road...

You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space.

All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph

Trophy #387
People assuming we were racing because we're 17/18 year olds ... haha

M40 CUO - that's good news in a way, but she was facing in the same direction as us... I can only assume that my mate in front thought the Smart car was actually on the move.