ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low Mileage Cup - Where best to sell?

Clio rs200
Is there a period of time the OP would now have to wait before he can trade it? As in the original bidder suddenly rocks up with the money wanting his car and it’s gone the journey.

supposedly the winning bidder has until Wednesday next week to pay in full or looses the right to buy and forfeits his fees.

whole cc thing seems more focused around them making a fee, it doesn’t seem to legally bind the buyer to completing a purchase.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
supposedly the winning bidder has until Wednesday next week to pay in full or looses the right to buy and forfeits his fees.

whole cc thing seems more focused around them making a fee, it doesn’t seem to legally bind the buyer to completing a purchase.
Thanks. When I eventually sell my 182 RB, that was the place I was going to list it.

Whilst it’s been a chew for you, it’s been interesting watching it play out. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

No offence, but I thought that was pretty obvious from the outset on CC?

Clio rs200
No offence, but I thought that was pretty obvious from the outset on CC?
You really expect somebody who has paid a £900 fee to at least have an intention to buy the car, or at least come and look. All a bit odd.

hohum, I’ll either get paid today as he’s promised, or it’s unsold and at least I can tell the wife I tried. ;)

Clio rs200
I remain surprised, first email response from buyer was that he’d sort collection and transport to Northern Ireland and revert on the 3rd to finalise when he returned from a holiday in the UAE. Then nothing, collecting cars couldn’t get a response either, then they realised the uae calling code was erroneously in front of his mobile number and spoke briefly with him where he said he was committed but please call him back as in the middle of work, I then got him and had the same message, all emails ignored, then day before the expiry of the 7 days I called him again and he was apologetic, but wanted car, was organising transport, could he have my bank details - then no payment.

Really weird behaviour given fees charged, no ask to keep it in return for a deposit, or could he come and inspect etc etc, nothing.

CC just added it to their classifieds. I’d messaged the other bidder on here but he didn’t respond either, so overall seemingly a weird pair of bidders.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
No Option to go back to your original trade offer? Seemed to be on the money?

I would agree seems to not have went great on CC. But sometimes peoples position changes.

A few months ago I went to view a car. It was stunning was going to bid. Then changed my mind at last minute. Had I won it I would have paid, collected (with my wife taking me) & sold my other car all ASAP.

As it happened a day after bidding closed as an attractive price ( Regret big time that evening). My Father in law smashed his leg up. And we never looked up for 2 months & ended up with his car on our driveway as was more suitable for fetching (not low or Bucket seats)

In this situation I may myself have reneged & lost the fee as the best option purely as my circumstances changed within 18hrs of Auction closing.

Clio rs200
I bet you wish you'd just taken the dealer offer now eh 😂.
Trade offer as I posted earlier in this thread was 13k, dealer in question would have put it up for a LOT more.

i feel I’d have kicked myself if it had sold for a lot more.

I’ve decided I’ll accept if I get offered what it went for on CC - £13.5k.

id I don’t get offered that then I’ll keep it and get the inlet manifold blasted in Spring.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I'd swiftly trade it. Sadly, even well-maintained classic sporty hatchbacks face an imminent fate akin to traditional fuel vehicles. Underwriting challenges for gas-guzzlers and EU restrictions on petrol car production is intensifying.

Forecasts of petrol cars in showrooms by 2035 seem off; most will vanish before 2030. Legislation favoring low-emission vehicles is advancing rapidly. Even my beloved Racing Blue 182 is back on the road.

There’s a surge in 182 Trophy listings, maybe people feel selling now while market value holds is probably a good idea.

People are catching on, and even a devoted petrol head like me is installing an electric car charger. If sentiment doesn't bind you, selling soon is a wise move. Best of luck with your decision.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'd swiftly trade it. Sadly, even well-maintained classic sporty hatchbacks face an imminent fate akin to traditional fuel vehicles. Underwriting challenges for gas-guzzlers and EU restrictions on petrol car production is intensifying.

Forecasts of petrol cars in showrooms by 2035 seem off; most will vanish before 2030. Legislation favoring low-emission vehicles is advancing rapidly. Even my beloved Racing Blue 182 is back on the road.

There’s a surge in 182 Trophy listings, maybe people feel selling now while market value holds is probably a good idea.

People are catching on, and even a devoted petrol head like me is installing an electric car charger. If sentiment doesn't bind you, selling soon is a wise move. Best of luck with your decision.
unbeliever-life-of-brian.gif

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Trade offer as I posted earlier in this thread was 13k, dealer in question would have put it up for a LOT more.

i feel I’d have kicked myself if it had sold for a lot more.

I’ve decided I’ll accept if I get offered what it went for on CC - £13.5k.

id I don’t get offered that then I’ll keep it and get the inlet manifold blasted in Spring.

Surely you have validated that the trade offer was really good.

Who cares what they sell it for. You may see it advertised for more. What they actually get is a different matter.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I wish it wasn’t the case. The time to really capitalise on values was during and just after lockdown. The markets are correcting themselves and I don’t see ICE cars ever attaining such heights again. Manufacturers have been told the score and are going full steam ahead. They have no choice. Barring a complete political u-turn, it ain’t ever going back. Sadly….

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I wish it wasn’t the case. The time to really capitalise on values was during and just after lockdown. The markets are correcting themselves and I don’t see ICE cars ever attaining such heights again. Manufacturers have been told the score and are going full steam ahead. They have no choice. Barring a complete political u-turn, it ain’t ever going back. Sadly….
Unfortunately 😩. At least the new R5 looks good😆.

Clio rs200
It's not really your concern what the next owner does with it after you sell it.

They might well stick it up for 18 grand and sit on the thing for several years.

I don’t disagree, but point stands I am not desperate to sell it, I’d have been more annoyed if I sold it for way lower and / or not tried the auction route.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I think you'll get 14.5k-16k ish in the summer. You'll also spend £500-£1000ish sprucing it up.

Totally understandable if you wanna do some resto work, but the general consensus (especially after the auction result) is the £13K offer you had was decent, in the right here and right now.

If you'd only be offered 8 grand then it's no question, but very close for very little effort. That's a great position to be in.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Back on CC as a classified sale now

Do they not let you mention why is back on in your ad.

I think it has a negative effect on the car when it’s put back up after a seemingly successful previous auction without any explanation