ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brilliant - had a crash...

Trophy #387
The only advice i can give u is.

1. get the approx cost for you to buy a replacement car - easy approx 2k
  2. get your mate to get an online insurance quote with 1 FAULT claim on his record/approx costs etc - easy
  3. when the quoted price is over 2k more than he pays now if he has a claim he will pay up
  4. time to find out how much of a mate this guy is

Thanks bro
He's my best mate, i'm good friends with his parents etc so he's not going to f**k me over! lol.. Not quite sure how he can tbh..

Clio 182 arctic
Thanks bro
He's my best mate, i'm good friends with his parents etc so he's not going to f**k me over! lol.. Not quite sure how he can tbh..

should be all good then. but just hope he is good for a £2k plus bill. it is in both your best interests to avoid the insurace route. i had the same sort of incident, i was stopped at lights and the car behind didnt. just by looking at it you couldnt tell anything was wrong but the floor had creased. bumper wasnt even scratched. £1400 repairs 2yrs ago. i claimed because the guy didnt want to pay. but still my insurance went up because i had a claim on record.
so really even if he has to get a 2k loan, it WILL be better in the long run.

Nothing at the mo :(
How about the other kids car? He will fork out 2k... and have no car himself? so another 2k for a nice car.. he will be 4k out of pocket..

Just go through insurance

I'm still shocked (I'm not really) that anyone could even entertain the idea of anyone else being to blame. It's a road. Things are on it. JLOL.

Almost as good as the guy who crashed and blamed the tree. Wanted to know if the accident would go down as his fault.

I love Lamp
Flol tree and gate, wish I could have read them lmao.

All has been said really, is the mate that got away Scott free taking the piss out of you two? Lol

Damn awful parking though lol

Trophy #387
How about the other kids car? He will fork out 2k... and have no car himself? so another 2k for a nice car.. he will be 4k out of pocket..

Just go through insurance

His car has almost no damage whatsoever... We've both been to the local garage now, and he looked at my mates car and said "It looks like you only hit him at about 5mph and you have no serious damage, just a broken from bumper".. Then he looked at mine and said "It looks like you've been hit at about 15mph" and he couldn't believe how much it had crumpled! He couldn't believe both cars were in the same accident lol

Almost as good as the guy who crashed and blamed the tree. Wanted to know if the accident would go down as his fault.

Link? hahah

Flol tree and gate, wish I could have read them lmao.

All has been said really, is the mate that got away Scott free taking the piss out of you two? Lol

Damn awful parking though lol

No, he didn't see the parked car until very late and slammed the brakes on, and luckily nothing was coming the other way so he just rounded it.. he'd never have stopped in time though... and I stopped well short of the parked car, but couldn't go round it due to having to give way, and my mate just couldn't stop.

The local garage recommended that I get it fixed, and don't get rid of the car... The insurance company would declare it a write off, repair it and then sell it apparently.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
His car has almost no damage whatsoever... We've both been to the local garage now, and he looked at my mates car and said "It looks like you only hit him at about 5mph and you have no serious damage, just a broken from bumper".. Then he looked at mine and said "It looks like you've been hit at about 15mph" and he couldn't believe how much it had crumpled! He couldn't believe both cars were in the same accident lol

Link? hahah

No, he didn't see the parked car until very late and slammed the brakes on, and luckily nothing was coming the other way so he just rounded it.. he'd never have stopped in time though... and I stopped well short of the parked car, but couldn't go round it due to having to give way, and my mate just couldn't stop.

The local garage recommended that I get it fixed, and don't get rid of the car... The insurance company would declare it a write off, repair it and then sell it apparently.

lol nice crooked mechanic. repair and get rid cause its not safe. i like his style.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Interesting pictures/link.

Bridge? Don't see one. She's parked illegally, but you didn't hit her car, so she's not in the loop.

Your mate was obviously far too close to you as you were able to avoid contact with your front end... but i'd be certainly informing the police of her poor parking and lack of Highway code knowledge.

No, he didn't see the parked car until very late and slammed the brakes on, and luckily nothing was coming the other way so he just rounded it.. he'd never have stopped in time though...

Failed to see a stationary obstruction. So in other words you were all driving like helmets. We've all been there. YDAFOC.

It does appear that you were the only guy in control of his car though TBF.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what i don't understand from the google maps link provided is there is no hump or lack of view. just a straight long road with good visibility? how you failed to see a parked car with your own lights on is beyond me. i just don't get it! Looks like a definite driver error.

Trophy #387
what i don't understand from the google maps link provided is there is no hump or lack of view. just a straight long road with good visibility? how you failed to see a parked car with your own lights on is beyond me. i just don't get it! Looks like a definite driver error.

google maps doesn't show it particularly well, but there is a small ridge about 25m short of where she was parked, obviously as you're going up, your lights would be above the car in front and I guess that is why the first car failed to see the Smart Car.

Obviously, this accident is due to my friends error at the back, I however do not believe he was driving too fast or too close to the back of me, but was just distracted and when stopping locked his brakes up meaning he didn't stop in time.

@GiT - the police have been notified of her poor parking, don't worry bro! haha

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
google maps doesn't show it particularly well, but there is a small ridge about 25m short of where she was parked, obviously as you're going up, your lights would be above the car in front and I guess that is why the first car failed to see the Smart Car.

Obviously, this accident is due to my friends error at the back, I however do not believe he was driving too fast or too close to the back of me, but was just distracted and when stopping locked his brakes up meaning he didn't stop in time.

@GiT - the police have been notified of her poor parking, don't worry bro! haha

He was, otherwise he would not have hit you.

Arctic Blue 182ff
One of my fears as a youngster (I can say that now I'm 26) was one of my mates ploughing into the back of my car when we were out and about. It never happened, although one did reverse into me once, but that's another story. It used to worry me so much, I'd always ensure I was at the back, as I trusted myself to leave enough distance..

This forum gets funnier every single day. He wasn't driving too close or too fast before he hit you? f**k me it's reaching all new levels.

Trophy #387
One of my fears as a youngster (I can say that now I'm 26) was one of my mates ploughing into the back of my car when we were out and about. It never happened, although one did reverse into me once, but that's another story. It used to worry me so much, I'd always ensure I was at the back, as I trusted myself to leave enough distance..

Well usually i'm at the back, i'm the least experienced so it's never a good idea for me to lead the way and I didn't know where we were going yesterday (to a mates house)... I prefer being at the back as I trust myself not to hit anyone.

This forum gets funnier every single day. He wasn't driving too close or too fast before he hit you? f**k me it's reaching all new levels.

Alright mate, you've had your say and now you're just trolling to get your post count up..

bye bye!

Clio S & VW T5
IMG00046-20110312-1117.jpg

Looks like so little, but there's a lot of damage around the edge of the spare wheel base on the floor of the boot

For goodness sake. Just put a new bumper and tailgate on (if you really need a tailgate) and beat the dent out of the wheel well.

Then chalk it up to experience and stop whinging.

Why do people have to post the same thing several different times all slightly differently worded? The whole "obviously racing" and "stop trying to blame other people" comments are fairly twatish & unnecessary.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Doesn't matter if the car was parked horizontally across the road, it is your friends fault - he should be leaving a big enough gap in front of him to stop.

260% JCW
Do this and I will cut your balls off.
Thousands of false whiplash claims are one of the reasons that insurance costs so much.

Like increasing insurance costs and this comment will stop false whiplash claims......or any fraudulant insurnce claims.

Black 182 FF
Do this and I will cut your balls off.
Thousands of false whiplash claims are one of the reasons that insurance costs so much.

True, but it's got to the stage where we all have to do it to offset our premiums. Like it or not.

Listerine & Poledo
Given that it's a Smart, I wager that it was no further out into the road than a 5-series would be if it was well parked.

Either way, there was plenty of room around it, as your other friend proved by managing to pass without an issue. However, since you're quite new to the game of driving then it's understandable if you'd prefer to take a safe, not sorry, route. What boyo behind you was upto I cannot fathom. To be tailgating you at 10mph and not have the reaction to stop? Crack is not conducive to good driving practice.

So, yes, your mate better stump up via insurance, crashes only need to be disclosed for 5 years, by which time you will hopefully have amased 4 years NCB to boot. Oh, and to not get bummed for premiums, dont go bolting alloys, or any other "mods" to your car. Young lads are an easy enough target for the companies as is.

Mistakes happen though fella, no-ones been hurt so it can all be laughed about in a few months when you've got some new car and he's still trying to find something he can be insured on.

Last edited:
Mistakes happen though fella, no-ones been hurt so it can all be laughed about in a few months when you've got some new car and he's still trying to find something he can be insured on.

If he claims via his insurance, even though its not his fault, it is still a claim against his name aswell so both lads will receive an insurance hike for the next 5 years.

Unlucky though mate, I'm sure you and your mates have all learned a lesson here though

Listerine & Poledo
Yes he would, but I don't believe it's anyhere near as bad as it would be a "no fault" claim. Someone in the business will lkely put me right here though.

Not like he was just being massively cool, boost kicked in and he flipped it through a field though eh? ;)

Abarth 595
Why do people have to post the same thing several different times all slightly differently worded? The whole "obviously racing" and "stop trying to blame other people" comments are fairly twatish & unnecessary.

cos its these stupid crashes that put our insurance premiums up.

Listerine & Poledo
cos its these stupid crashes that put our insurance premiums up.

POW!

It's surely no coincidence that the liklihood of a crash post increases with the number of mods applied.

In fact, I think Bifcaids may be the only person out there defying the rule.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I managed to stop though, and the mate who hit me has been driving for 18 months and never even had a bump...

this made me lol, and tbh,

3 very new, very inexperienced young drivers (and NO, 18months does not make you an experienced driver, if anything these are the worst drivers, lost the habit from the lessons, but not learned how to drive yet)

its really not hard to see what has happened here!
YES she had parked badly, but a good driver is ready for such risks, and is ready for bad parking and other such examples of bad driving on other peoples behalves
i did something very similar when i was a kid behind the wheel of my 1.2! (i did the hitting)

now i never push it around people i dont know because i just dont trust them not to do something stupid!

just suck it up, fix ya car and laugh about it. Take it as a valuable lesson learned!

Last edited:
  Yozz'd up 182
If your alloys are not declared and you do go through insurance make sure you take them off!