ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Clio 172 Phase 2 - My First Car - Exciting Stuff!

Hi Guys I've been mooching around the forum for about a week or so and though I'd start my own thread as I've become the owner of a Black Clio 172 Phase 2. This is my First car and have already got plans, the bank account is shaking with fear i tell thee!

Not sure if these are going to upload or not as I've not done this before.

As you can see on the bonnet and the bumper there's a bit of lacker peeling, i'm going to sort that this weekend hopefully.

The previous owner had the car for about 6 years without many problems, which sounds promising.. I'll post some pictures of the cleaning!

Last edited:
Hi Guys I've been mooching around the forum for about a week or so and though I'd start my own thread as I've become the owner of a Black Clio 172 Phase 2. This is my First car and have already got plans, the bank account is shaking with fear i tell thee!

Not sure if these are going to upload or not as I've not done this before.

As you can see on the bonnet and the bumper there's a bit of lacker peeling, i'm going to sort that this weekend hopefully.

The previous owner had the car for about 6 years without many problems, which sounds promising.. I'll post some pictures of the cleaning!

There seems to be a problem with this, i'll try when i'm home. I'm currently at work and there maybe something disabled!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You dont appear to have uploaded the images to the internet before linking to them, try photobucket.

Congrats on the car, 172 is a hell of a first car so be careful not to stack it!

Hi Chip, I've uploaded them onto photo bucket and put them in between the
boxes but it just came up with the link inbetween...? would it be becuase the URL Code is turned off?

Lucky b*****d haha!

How is it? surely somethings gotta be amiss at £600?

​Deffo could do with a good scrub down though!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Hope the belts are done for your sake or its going to come to an abrupt end soon :(

looking good tho, be safe and learn the characteristics of it

Thanks for the kind comments people, really appreciate it! it does need a wash and a touch up. I'll start stripping hopefully this weekend when it's home and definitely get some pics for you all! Not sure what I can do to the car without getting the insurance company involved. Anyone got any ideas that are beneficial without getting the insurance company involved?

Also seen as I didn't do introduction of myself when i joined, here's a cheeky picture of what I do and have done since i was 8
image_zpse05c7534.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Stuff like silvervisions, wind deflectors, aeroblades, wax & polish, headlight restoration, decent headlightbulbs, RS floormats, respray some of the interior plastics/gear knob insert, debadge the 'renault sport' on the boot

​but a few... ;)

Thanks jack there's a Halfords not too far away I'll take a trip there and see if they have anything to offer. I was looking at a project a guy was doing and he got a headlight restoration kit from Halfords for £20, you could see a good difference between before and after but would anyone recommend anywhere else? I'll have a quick look on amazon when I get to work and set up an eBay account for RS parts gear knobs, stickers, mats ect.
Thanks for the comments on the helmet and kart though the paintwork on the helmet is 5 years old now and she's looking a bit worse for wear hehe.