ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
mate i was just trying to help you some constructive critism so no need for lay off crap i wasnt saying anything bad. you realy do need some practice before you start offering to charge people to do stuff on there cars. and its not just the calipers and drums its your brakes you fool im not a expert but you use them to stop the car and if you modify them do it properly take your time prep them properly as if you get paint in the wrong place on them they dont work correctly causing you to put all your hard work in a hedge or round a tree.

TT QS
decided against that as im fed up of getting tailed and stopped by the police 24/7 for having my car the way it is already.... they'd have an orgy if they saw green wing mirros aswell...

You get pulled over for having green on your car? :S

Can't believe this is still going.
Well, more that you're still bothering
It's not a more subtle route is it really
Too much green

e92 330i
Just wow...I get the feeling your doing stuff to your car for the sake of it?

Maybe when you have a new idea, think about it for a month, and you'll realise it'll look s**t.

If this comes a across harsh i apologise, but it's the only way.

TT QS
Just wow...I get the feeling your doing stuff to your car for the sake of it?

Maybe when you have a new idea, think about it for a month, and you'll realise it'll look s**t.

If this comes a across harsh i apologise, but it's the only way.

+1 it's going to look crap if he carrys on

I just bought some white carbon vinyl, it's just lying there so I keep thinking of things to wrap just because... But I refrain because I know it'll be s**t :(

... True story

Not a fan of carbon vinyl personally :/

I think what we have all learnt from this thread that less can be more

He's doing to much

Just the fault of the car?

probably but you do get fed up of it :/ i mean i get tailed everytime i go out for a drive and pulled a few of the times while the copper looks for an excuse to do me (clean licence so no speeding or out) but its the usual 'random checks'

i got tailed 57 god damn times in 2 months just before christmas... someone isnt hitting targets :/

TT QS
probably but you do get fed up of it :/ i mean i get tailed everytime i go out for a drive and pulled a few of the times while the copper looks for an excuse to do me (clean licence so no speeding or out) but its the usual 'random checks'

i got tailed 57 god damn times in 2 months just before christmas... someone isnt hitting targets :/

When they've checked your all legal, why don't you explain whats going on and ask why they pull you?

you are best off locking this, i mean... you know, i dont actually know what to say.

facts are fact, many said to you how to do it and you've not really listened. its a bog standard clio. you could make it look really well, but you are painting calipers and drums with crap high temp paint... it screams idiot. people will laugh at you on the street not to mention a green grill and bad boy exhaust.

jus sit back and think up proper ideas. if not leave it and save for something better. im not taking the piss, that would be too easy. 99% on here had a car they butchered to begin with inc me. I mean you could have got green vinyl film/pokemon/poddington pea/etc characters done and plastered your roof with them, it would have been original and pretty funky dare i say but you didn't even bother to spend your tenner on them.

IMO your car totally standard bar a nice drop and those wheels (which look pretty decent) can work...

just stop doing what others do with their first car just to score some points on the donny scene.

black and bright can work but it needs to be subtle, bar an exotica.

(s)Low Dynamique
Some of the posts here got me struggling to hold my urine in hahahahaha... but in fairness to the guy he doesn't deserve half the abuse on here, he seems a nice enough guy :) Even if his car isn't to most of our likings

2014 Clio 200t edc
Wheels look good actually! How did you paint them and dry them in 1 1/2 hours? Sorry to say but I'd fit a black rs grille, but leave the green behind the diamond.

I don't get why so many people seem to hate this. If all the Clio's were the same it would be boring. I like him doing something different to everyone else. My daughters black/black is lost in any car park

Fiesta ST-3
As has been said, stop doing things because you are bored... these mods will (and do so far) look s**t.

Rather than adding green shite to your car, spend the time reading on the forum, getting ideas from other peoples projects and save yourself some cash to get some coilovers or new wheels for example. Brutally honest, it looks awful as it is now... there's no 'it's different so I like it' or 'if it's to the owners taste' about it.

Stop being so defensive too, you've posted them on here - you're going to get peoples opinions, most of whom have been in/around clios a lot longer than you have.

e92 330i
I don't get why so many people seem to hate this. If all the Clio's were the same it would be boring. I like him doing something different to everyone else. My daughters black/black is lost in any car park

Clios can be good and different, look at tom 46 , banderson, kieran, android, bifcaids, they'll be more i cant remember. None of these cars have turinis/standard alloys but they look fapping awsome.

But this car looks s**t, lets be honest different isnt often a done scene for a reason.

Wheels look good actually! How did you paint them and dry them in 1 1/2 hours? Sorry to say but I'd fit a black rs grille, but leave the green behind the diamond.

thanks man :) been thinking about the rs grille tbh.. priced one up at 36 quid and just shopping to see if i can get the colour coded outer door handles instead of the plastic ones on it :/

but the wheels were a week job mate, the last wheel reacted so had to be stripped back and re-done, its still hardening now :) but the calipers and drums were an hour and half :L

thanks man :) its not like a few people are making out that it was a spur of the moment idea :/ alot of it took a couple of weeks to decide on before even starting prep or sourcing bits :/

thanks for the support (Y) it deffinately stands out anywhere i leave it :D

As has been said, stop doing things because you are bored... these mods will (and do so far) look s**t.

Rather than adding green s**te to your car, spend the time reading on the forum, getting ideas from other peoples projects and save yourself some cash to get some coilovers or new wheels for example. Brutally honest, it looks awful as it is now... there's no 'it's different so I like it' or 'if it's to the owners taste' about it.

Stop being so defensive too, you've posted them on here - you're going to get peoples opinions, most of whom have been in/around clios a lot longer than you have.

apparantly yeah.. granted people are supposed to have opinions mate. but theres getting your opinion known and there is being a complete arsehole about it like several people are being...

e92 330i
thanks man :) its not like a few people are making out that it was a spur of the moment idea :/ alot of it took a couple of weeks to decide on before even starting prep or sourcing bits :/

thanks for the support (Y) it deffinately stands out anywhere i leave it :D

If you spent weeks planning painting your wheels/callipers/disc's, why did you rush it all in an hour n a half?

If you spent weeks planning painting your wheels/callipers/disc's, why did you rush it all in an hour n a half?

because i had planned on having the full day to do it but due to something coming up in my friends family he had to be back asap so a day turned into an hour and half :/ it was a case of i had booked time off work and kept my day clear for the first time in a while and lost that timescale :/ couldnt get time again for months so got it finished fast..

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
First off I cant believe this thread is still going.....!

To be honest its not all bad, i actually think the wheels look alright and i quite like the idea of doing the bit behind the badge. But the grill looks totally sh*te im sorry! Im all for giving a car little accents and touches of colour but when you start spraying every bit that can come off the car it starts to look cheap and tacky like you havent got enough money to buy decent things like coilovers etc I dont understand why you would want to paint your drums bright green and attract attention to them, do them black!

On a positive note though I think the wheels and badge could be a cool starting point. Get it on some coilies are a reasonable height, sport rear bumper, sport grill and colour code the side strips and front bumper and it could look pretty cool!

Just my thoughts but good luck! Ive been there with a 1.2 and i would say to you dont throw lots of money at it because you will never get it back! Spend some and save some for a 1*2, they are so much more fun!

Clio Extreme 1.2
Not to my taste what so ever, however you're pulling away from the crowd which is good for you.
Think the end result on the wheels was great, drums not so great.

I'd say tone the green down somwhat but it is your car and only you can chose what to do. ^^

*edit*
just a suggestion; stop buying spray for a month or so and buy a 1*2 rear bumper. (and you could maybe spray the insert green? - I wouldn't spray it green though.)

Last edited:
  Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Honestly don't know what to say to this without be harsh. But mate, it stands out because it looks utterly awful. If you get looks, its not because it looks good. I'm all for being a little different but this just comes across as a 'hmmmm, what can I do to my car as quickly as possible, f**k it, i'll paint everything green!' Just take you time! There's no rush. Patience really is a virtue when it comes to doing things to a car. Your wheels do look nice though, and the front badge. For heavens sake get an RS grill and keep it black. And paint your drums black.

First off I cant believe this thread is still going.....!

To be honest its not all bad, i actually think the wheels look alright and i quite like the idea of doing the bit behind the badge. But the grill looks totally sh*te im sorry! Im all for giving a car little accents and touches of colour but when you start spraying every bit that can come off the car it starts to look cheap and tacky like you havent got enough money to buy decent things like coilovers etc I dont understand why you would want to paint your drums bright green and attract attention to them, do them black!

On a positive note though I think the wheels and badge could be a cool starting point. Get it on some coilies are a reasonable height, sport rear bumper, sport grill and colour code the side strips and front bumper and it could look pretty cool!

Just my thoughts but good luck! Ive been there with a 1.2 and i would say to you dont throw lots of money at it because you will never get it back! Spend some and save some for a 1*2, they are so much more fun!

firstly i agree with most of what you said mate (Y) the grille im looking into changing for the RS (keeping that black) and tbh i havent got the money for coilovers but i am saving for those and a CAT1 alarm (Y) and im gunnna buy the coded strips and outer door handles as its cheaper than buying the paint... also the sport rear bumper is too square for my liking :/ not my taste as it squares off the lines of the car and i like her curves as they are :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
i was thinking it looks awesome.. and i still do!

your opinion mate but unlike alot of people on here i went against going black on black and buyin wheels :/ i chose to be different and youl see once its lowered that the car pulls it off (Y)
Fair enough dude, each to their own I guess :)

Not to my taste what so ever, however you're pulling away from the crowd which is good for you.
Think the end result on the wheels was great, drums not so great.

I'd say tone the green down somwhat but it is your car and only you can chose what to do. ^^

much respect mate :) and debating on keeping the calipers green, doing the drums back to black and then black RS grille and lowered (Y) done :D