ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Paint all over the discs, dear lord

facepalm.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Ill get some pictures up soon. I quite like the green on the discs too, how long do you reckon it'd last if I did it?

BMW 330ci
I would've done the calipers and drums black. And took my time, because you can see where its ran, and you've sprayed it everywhere on the front calipers. Didn't you mask up anywhere ? Wheels Don't look too bad, not my thing prob would've gone all black, or black with a polished rim, but your car so up to you mate, at least you do your own thing.

Ill get some pictures up soon. I quite like the green on the discs too, how long do you reckon it'd last if I did it?

nice one as soon as i see pics of the wheels will give a rough qoute :) (more accurate when seen in person) and what colour scheme on the wheels?

also the colour on the calipers and drums would stay until you want it gone really as i coated it several times with high temperature paint then several of the green so it cant flake or come off really... and the disc itself has already come clean with the help of a short drive (Y)

BlackGold 182
Lmao what have you done to the brakes!!! The wheel ain't gonna sit on the drums properly and will probably wok loose, and the calipers.... You forgot to mask up the discs?

I would've done the calipers and drums black. And took my time, because you can see where its ran, and you've sprayed it everywhere on the front calipers. Didn't you mask up anywhere ? Wheels Don't look too bad, not my thing prob would've gone all black, or black with a polished rim, but your car so up to you mate, at least you do your own thing.

as i say it was a rushed job... but the visible bits have come out fine :)

the wheels sit fine on the drums???? i scraped the majority of the inner circle off before putting the wheels on... and i didnt have time to mask tbh but the green has come off the discs so made no difference?

Mate most of this thread is full of sarcasm

i know but fed up of it right now tbf :/

just got fed up of dicks hatin cz they dont share the same taste as me... its my car and what? does it make their car look s**t? no so be constructive or leave my car the f**k alone!!!

rant over :/ (not aimed at you kieran btw)

The paint drips on the drums add a great effect, does it increase the surface area allowing faster cooling of the drum when braking?

haha funny fucker (Y) :L

anyone else wanna make a comment without reading previous replies????

nice one for making a pointles comment dipshit!!! (Y) really made you look intelligent :L

Maybe you should of gone for a more subtle colour theme? Black on black you can't go wrong. I really think though you should of done a green drip effect on your wheels like what you did on the discs

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Most of the older members will see what I did to my first 1.2 Clio, So im not going to preach (Although personally, I dont think mine was too bad, it was professionally done etc)

I wouldnt have done the calipers/drums green but dear lord why didnt you mask stuff off and do them properly?

Maybe you should of gone for a more subtle colour theme? Black on black you can't go wrong. I really think though you should of done a green drip effect on your wheels like what you did on the discs

would have looked cool but i would never be happy with it ( i would have had no clue how to control the drips running etc) and i though this effect atm was just plain and sime but made a statement

Most of the older members will see what I did to my first 1.2 Clio, So im not going to preach (Although personally, I dont think mine was too bad, it was professionally done etc)

I wouldnt have done the calipers/drums green but dear lord why didnt you mask stuff off and do them properly?

lack of time mate ^ read up a lil higher.. i only had an hour and half from wheels off to back on in my mates garage

Takes 2 secs just to put some paper behind the front calipers would of been better then nothing, not a big deal though as you said it will wear off but there's no harm doing a job properly just makes the car look sloppy tbh

BMW 330ci
It will come off, but I personally wouldn't have took pics of it like that, would have took some after I'd got it off, or with the wheels on.

Takes 2 secs just to put some paper behind the front calipers would of been better then nothing, not a big deal though as you said it will wear off but there's no harm doing a job properly just makes the car look sloppy tbh

no fairplay mate, i would have done it tidier given the time... but ya know the end result after i tidied it up is phenominal (Y)

il upload pics with the wheels on shortly and youl see what i mean i purely took those pics to show it was rushed and that i was making (albeit small) progress.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

I need to do mine, but im waiting till I've got enough spare time to do them properly...

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
its you car mate do what you want with it not personal my style and i do like black cars with HINTS of bright colours but think there may be a bit too much green starting to turn up everywhere on this one. wouldnt start offering out services to do other peoples cars when your posting pics like that mate theres no prep work or nothing on that job i wouldnt trust you to spray my badges never mind my wheels. dont mean that nasty but get some practice first before offering to help others as when you fu k it up and you will judging by you calipers its somebody else's car youv just ruined.

its you car mate do what you want with it not personal my style and i do like black cars with HINTS of bright colours but think there may be a bit too much green starting to turn up everywhere on this one. wouldnt start offering out services to do other peoples cars when your posting pics like that mate theres no prep work or nothing on that job i wouldnt trust you to spray my badges never mind my wheels. dont mean that nasty but get some practice first before offering to help others as when you fu k it up and you will judging by you calipers its somebody else's car youv just ruined.

as i said mate its only the calipers and drums i didnt have the time for but i returned to it and tidied up the work...

also the wheels as also mentioned were mostly my friends work and we spent 3 days prepping the f**king things... and the rest of the week building up the coats of paint and then finally s**t loads of lacquer... they are fully hardened yet so arent on the car and also the last wheel had one small bit where it reacted so we stripped it back and started again... hence there only being three wheels shown on the pics of them lined up... so it wudnt get f**ked up as again most of the work would be done by my friend and weve got a stunning finish on the wheels tbf mate so leave it be yeah?

tbf if you look at the interior of my car and the grille, badges etc you can see its been prepped and painted well and has a good finish... and those bits were done well before now as stated several times on here the calipers and drums have been tidyed up and were only in that state to start out with due to a lack of time...

Last edited: