ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

Honestly don't know what to say to this without be harsh. But mate, it stands out because it looks utterly awful. If you get looks, its not because it looks good. I'm all for being a little different but this just comes across as a 'hmmmm, what can I do to my car as quickly as possible, f**k it, i'll paint everything green!' Just take you time! There's no rush. Patience really is a virtue when it comes to doing things to a car. Your wheels do look nice though, and the front badge. For heavens sake get an RS grill and keep it black. And paint your drums black.

no disrespect mate but youve pretty much summed up whats already been said and whats being done to the car...

as mentioned above im sourcing the RS grille and keeping it black then lowering on coilovers

still deciding on the drums will see once all the wheels are on (Y) il post pics then :)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Not kidding mate but all the money you have spend on sandpaper/primer/paint/laquer/stickers/badges etc you probs could of afforded some cheap second had raceland coilovers off someone on here but never mind! haha Thats fair about the bumper its not for everyoen! Alarms a good idea!

Not to my taste what so ever, however you're pulling away from the crowd which is good for you.
Think the end result on the wheels was great, drums not so great.

I'd say tone the green down somwhat but it is your car and only you can chose what to do. ^^

*edit*
just a suggestion; stop buying spray for a month or so and buy a 1*2 rear bumper. (and you could maybe spray the insert green? - I wouldn't spray it green though.)

good idea-ish lol iv painted all that is being painted green so no more paint :L im saving for coilovers (Y) and not keen on the sport bumpers tbh there too square for me... i like the natural curves of the clio :D

Not kidding mate but all the money you have spend on sandpaper/primer/paint/laquer/stickers/badges etc you probs could of afforded some cheap second had raceland coilovers off someone on here but never mind! haha Thats fair about the bumper its not for everyoen! Alarms a good idea!

not counting the colour coded paint which my friend sourced mate the total paint stands me at around 40 tops... with all the inside inserts and outer stuff done ;)

Clio Extreme 1.2
good idea-ish lol iv painted all that is being painted green so no more paint :L im saving for coilovers (Y) and not keen on the sport bumpers tbh there too square for me... i like the natural curves of the clio :D

Ohh I hate the curves on my standard rear bumper. :p

Green band on the wheels is to thick for me.

What process did you use to paint the callipers and drums? Did you even clean them up. They look terrible... Well the whole thing does. What your missus think?

Green band on the wheels is to thick for me.

What process did you use to paint the callipers and drums? Did you even clean them up. They look terrible... Well the whole thing does. What your missus think?

the green band is the same thickness as the original chrome band...

and yes spent the first 40 minutes cleaning them with a wire brush, hot water and fairy...

and as said thats not the finished pics... i tidied the work up afterward (Y)

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
In years to come, when you older. You will look back at this and think WTF? :slap:

Each to their own... each to their own.

wheels all on and looking tidy (Y) pics to follow as soon as weather is nice guys :)

it honestly looks nice with the wheels on (Y) cant wait for coilovers now :D its gunna look perfect when dropped a bit :)

thinking around 50-60mm front and back but less on the back than the front for it to sit level :/ il post a pic showing how the front end sits fairly high compared to the rear (probably due to the weight of the twin trap sub and a spare 15' wheel which is now of no use :L thinking of just scrapping that if anyone wants it (Y) dont see point in keeping it unless i keep the wheels when selling this car in years to come.... (a fair few years yet mind you - planning on keeping the first project and using it as a reference for the problems you can hit when customising cars and the ways to fix them :) )

be on in a couple of days at the longest with those pics i promised :D

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
not sure if you'll be able to drop it that much with 17s on like. I might be wrong though...

BlackGold 182
no chance of lowering it that much on 17's lol it will just constantly scrub, whats the offset on the alloys?

Clio
Looking good mate, how is the roof planning going? You got enough cartoons yet or do you need me to find more?

Keep it up.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Alright mate,
I'm liking the front diamond set up, how did you manage to spray the background rather than the diamond itself?

As far as the rest of it goes it seems alright to me, definitely not a sheep!
I was thinking of spraying the plastic bit with window switches white in my car, is it easy to remove/spray?
The wheels are looking good aswell.
I think it'll be a big improvement once you've put the black RS Grille on and lowered it a little as you've mentioned (not too much with 17" alloys mind!).
You could consider colour coding the side strips and doing the bullets green with a black 16v on them too?

R is the speed rating. The offset is likely to be on the back of the wheels stamped on one of the spokes something like e37.

ahh totally got that wrong way round lol

il have a look next time i take wheels off (sunday to polish them with carnuba wax - help protect the wheels until the paint has fully hardened)

Looking good mate, how is the roof planning going? You got enough cartoons yet or do you need me to find more?

Keep it up.

i could do with some more :D im currently still trawling ebay trying to find some of the stickers and browsing the web to find someone to make me stickers of the characters i cant find :) debating on how much of the roof to cover :/

Alright mate,
I'm liking the front diamond set up, how did you manage to spray the background rather than the diamond itself?

As far as the rest of it goes it seems alright to me, definitely not a sheep!
I was thinking of spraying the plastic bit with window switches white in my car, is it easy to remove/spray?
The wheels are looking good aswell.
I think it'll be a big improvement once you've put the black RS Grille on and lowered it a little as you've mentioned (not too much with 17" alloys mind!).
You could consider colour coding the side strips and doing the bullets green with a black 16v on them too?

loving this man :) your seeing my vision of the car :D colour coding the strips and outer door handles when i get chance/money whichever comes first (i have paint left over or i could just buy them depending how lazy i feel :p

the badge surround is risky tbh i chose to break the diamond off the surround (three plastic bits on the back) rather than masking it... its straightforward prep and paint from there :D then i glued the two back together when dried :) the plastic bit? (where the hazards are or your door pull?)

thanks man :) happy to have fans of the car :L

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Offft, i'm starting to think this isn't a joke.

Keep up the good work.

Offft, i'm starting to think this isn't a joke.

Keep up the good work.

starting? :p its starting to come together to be fair :D but was never a joke mate :D the colour coded outer handles and side strips are next :D then RS Grille and coilies :D will start attending meets now its somewhere near representable ;) cant wait to meet everyone :D (Y)

starting? :p its starting to come together to be fair :D but was never a joke mate :D the colour coded outer handles and side strips are next :D then RS Grille and coilies :D will start attending meets now its somewhere near representable ;) cant wait to meet everyone :D (Y)

Check out the Yorkshire section. TOPO MEET!!! Be there!!!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
loving this man :) your seeing my vision of the car :D colour coding the strips and outer door handles when i get chance/money whichever comes first (i have paint left over or i could just buy them depending how lazy i feel :p

the badge surround is risky tbh i chose to break the diamond off the surround (three plastic bits on the back) rather than masking it... its straightforward prep and paint from there :D then i glued the two back together when dried :) the plastic bit? (where the hazards are or your door pull?)

thanks man :) happy to have fans of the car :L

Haha yeah I can see the potential in it to be honest mate!

Oh right okay I removed the diamond to paint it white so that shouldn't be too bad haha. I was just wondering if there's any special technique to doing the background. Is it sprayed or brushed?

I mean the door pull bit haha, where the window switches are :)