ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

Haha yeah I can see the potential in it to be honest mate!

Oh right okay I removed the diamond to paint it white so that shouldn't be too bad haha. I was just wondering if there's any special technique to doing the background. Is it sprayed or brushed?

I mean the door pull bit haha, where the window switches are :)

just good prep and paint as usual :) a few extra layers of lacquer with it being outside :D and sprayed lol

the door pulls are straightforward fella :) just undo the T20 (torx) screw under the little cap and they lift out (back-first) then you just unclip the switches :)

any problems and il be happy to help mate provide more info (Y)

+1

sorry mate you seem a nice enough person i just dont like your plans for it

far to much green for my liking :/

my plans involve a little less green than its got on now :p
its getting lowered on coilies, having an RS grille and a little bit of colour coding and a little bit of repair on the bodywork (paint)

and thanks man :) i do try :D also im talking to the missus atm and shes slowly coming round ;) i should be at that meet :D if people dont mind her taking pics of them/cars for uni work it would be alot easier to convince her ;)

TT QS
my plans involve a little less green than its got on now :p
its getting lowered on coilies, having an RS grille and a little bit of colour coding and a little bit of repair on the bodywork (paint)

and thanks man :) i do try :D also im talking to the missus atm and shes slowly coming round ;) i should be at that meet :D if people dont mind her taking pics of them/cars for uni work it would be alot easier to convince her ;)

im whipped and i dont even have to convince the mrs lol.

i doubt anyone would mind lets be honest someone else liking their car is nice for anyone lol

im whipped and i dont even have to convince the mrs lol.

i doubt anyone would mind lets be honest someone else liking their car is nice for anyone lol

true but i did promise her a day out that day before finding the meet :( weve moved that to thursday (this one) and wel both be at this meet :D first cliosport meet for me YAY!!!! :D

just to keep everyone posted...

looking forward to my first ever meet (Y) cant wait :D
im currently pricing up a bit of bodywork repair and painting.. (its been there a while and needs fixing - luckily plastic bodywork so no rust :D )
thats the next target on the project, then a CAT1 alarm and the coilies :D

hey guys i know its been a week but its slow progress atm, sadly one of the wheels has been runied by grit... (the one that caused a delay orginially, doesnt seem too bad but the grit has bedded itself into the wheel - apparantly what i get for parking it on a road..) i am currently trying to save the paint with all manner ofun such as t-cut and such to save the wheel until i can find a week to completely re-do that wheel with 11 layers of lacquer as a finish to make sure this doesnt happen again... damn gritters :(

main steps forward to date have been the removal of the stickers and badges everyone were against (Y) il upload pics when i get back from the meet tomorrow, and i am replacing the rear brake shoes tomorrow and re-doing the drums black as my shoes fell apart early last week and this is the first chance i have had..

cant wait to meet alot of the guys tomorrow at my first meet :D il upload pics tomorrow night of the damaged wheel, the potential temporary fix, and the drums, aswell as the stickers thaat have been removed :)

TT QS
hey guys i know its been a week but its slow progress atm, sadly one of the wheels has been runied by grit... (the one that caused a delay orginially, doesnt seem too bad but the grit has bedded itself into the wheel - apparantly what i get for parking it on a road..) i am currently trying to save the paint with all manner ofun such as t-cut and such to save the wheel until i can find a week to completely re-do that wheel with 11 layers of lacquer as a finish to make sure this doesnt happen again... damn gritters :(

main steps forward to date have been the removal of the stickers and badges everyone were against (Y) il upload pics when i get back from the meet tomorrow, and i am replacing the rear brake shoes tomorrow and re-doing the drums black as my shoes fell apart early last week and this is the first chance i have had..

cant wait to meet alot of the guys tomorrow at my first meet :D il upload pics tomorrow night of the damaged wheel, the potential temporary fix, and the drums, aswell as the stickers thaat have been removed :)

YAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

youre actually listening!
this makes me happy

that i am :) and i do like to please people :) though i had decided stickers are a bit gash unless done properly or they have something to tie them in and colour scheme is not enough to tie them in...

as i say il put pics up tomorrow, really busy stressing over this one wheel atm :(

gritters wouldnt ruin your wheels if they were done properly.

oh.

it was done properly sadly, it was the one wheel we had problems with to start out with and it turns out that unlike the other 3 wheels this last one due to the delay hadnt hardened properly and the grit gripped into the paint after taking it to a handwash and the t**t of a kid not washing that one wheel :/ if he had washed it the grit wouldnt have gripped in... (the grit got onto the wheel as i was driving to york and i got the car cleaned in york to avoid it happening... though it happened anyways and i didnt notice till i had got home and it had dried on the wheel)

heres a picture i know people will like :p i has removed teh stickers and badges and finally took a pic to show people :L (the one on the bumper is going when i get the balls to do it or find some way of taking it off without losing the lacquer - hints would be helpful ;) )

View attachment 71980

Listerine & Poledo
when's that double-drain exhaust coming off fella.

That must make one hell of a pointless racket!

Here you go matey. A couple shots from TOPO:
6864036023_079f7856ba_z.jpg

TOPO - Spinksy92's Beast by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6864035011_9a9c7bbbe1_z.jpg

TOPO - Spinksy92's Beast by Harpham y0, on Flickr

when's that double-drain exhaust coming off fella.

That must make one hell of a pointless racket!

tis staying im afraid... i kinda like it.. and i has a lifetime guarantee for it from custompipes where i got it done (for aslong as i own the car) so pointless me buying a different exhaust (and bumper as its cut into it)

the noise isnt bad really is a nice clean sound (nothing like the corsa's you see going 20mph sounding like it should be 100mph+) lol :L its a cat-back so limits the rust thing that standard exhausts have and it matches the speed im doing/how hard im pressing the accelerator :)

Listerine & Poledo
No cartoons! :(

but the grille looks like a good move.

You've got some sort of nasty green paint streaks under your side repeater there too, sure it'll come off easy enough though

As for exhaust. Well, it's your car, if you like it then good for you. In my OPINION though, it's just laughable.

I stress that again, OPINION

No cartoons! :(

but the grille looks like a good move.

You've got some sort of nasty green paint streaks under your side repeater there too, sure it'll come off easy enough though

lol yeah those sitckers are coming off as the lacquer peel wont be as noticable there (Y) do you know how to take the one of the bumper without it peeling paint or lacquer because the first one i took off took a bit :/

fairplay to you mate but aside from me liking it.. it cost enough and i dont see the point in buying a different exhaust when i wont have to pay for any repairs or anything for this one...

Clio 197
Try heating the stickers up with your Mrs's hair dryer. It'll soften the glue and hopefully you'll be able to get them off easily enough. Don't go too mad the heat tho. If there's some sticky left afterwards, try a bit of white spirit on A cloth. It's also great for getting tar marks off (and is much cheaper than branded tar removers) don't use nail varnish remover tho! Lol.

for the 34564354362536425th time just buy green stickers ffs!!!!!

put them all over the roof, hell people on here will donate them, use ebay, make some...?

green stickered roof, rs grille, normal rear lights, silver indicators and lows it would look a damn sight better than alot of things on here.

TT QS
now we know why you get pulled.

Liverpool fc plates.

defo a crime! lol

quite like the wheels to be fair. not my choice but not bad lol

Last edited: