ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
My shifter is coming along now. Going to re-assemble with red rubber grease on everything then get it fitted. Hopefully it's stiffened up slightly too but time will tell.

I fully mig welded the bottom extension id previously tigged, ground it back and painted.

20180802_201956.jpg
20180802_202132.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Fitted today. Feels great! Still have some left and right play when it's in gear but it's loads better than the OEM shifter!
Do people have the same slack with the BMS?

This is stiffened up with an O-ring inside the plastic ridged ball and around the outside of it.

20180805_190911.jpg
20180805_190934.jpg

Last edited:
  dan's cast offs.
the rubber ring is normally floppy in the housing, get it out and get a loads of silicone etc at the top of the housing and around where it sits. fit it back in and get some more silicone in if you can, next bit you need an extra circlip, fit one but instead of letting it fit in the groove go past that and then fit the second circlip, this normally tightens things up a bit but with the standard set up it's never going to be amazing.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
the rubber ring is normally floppy in the housing, get it out and get a loads of silicone etc at the top of the housing and around where it sits. fit it back in and get some more silicone in if you can, next bit you need an extra circlip, fit one but instead of letting it fit in the groove go past that and then fit the second circlip, this normally tightens things up a bit but with the standard set up it's never going to be amazing.
That's not a bad idea, @dann2707 said the BMS ones use an o ring to squash that rubber housing more. I presume this is why the yanoo gets rid of the slop.

I've enquired as to some PTFE shims that replace that rubber housing that used to be run on the Laguna cup cars. It feels much better than the OEM one for now and I'm chuffed. I know PMS is the ideal way to go but for the money it cost me to make this myself I'm proper happy!

dan's cast offs.
am sure you could find a spherical bearing and just make a sleeve for it and set it up that way.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah @bloke is right @Louis

Just go hard and go home and use a Spherical bearing, you’ve already made it nice to look at so make it decent to use... then I can give you some money and you can do mine at the same time [emoji6] x

With the steering wheel, cruise bracket and now this, looks like my car woo! Haha this looks really smart mate, you must be so chuffed you did that yourself - yes I have the PMS but in all honesty, I wanted the 'BMS' like this but just couldn't get anywhere with replies and there was no others about. You'll get there with the adjustments!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah @bloke is right @Louis

Just go hard and go home and use a Spherical bearing, you’ve already made it nice to look at so make it decent to use... then I can give you some money and you can do mine at the same time [emoji6] x

It feels great as is! Maybe something for the future but its not an overly 'mechanical' feel which I like, just is tight into each gear.

With the steering wheel, cruise bracket and now this, looks like my car woo! Haha this looks really smart mate, you must be so chuffed you did that yourself - yes I have the PMS but in all honesty, I wanted the 'BMS' like this but just couldn't get anywhere with replies and there was no others about. You'll get there with the adjustments!

Haha, I know right! Looks-wise, there isn't much in it between the PMS and this. I was tempted at one stage to paint the ally but i like the shiny case.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I need to get my scenic stick put together and in. How much did you bend it by Louis? Take some pics with it in gear for us please.
Will do tonight if I remember.
It could probably have done with being bent a tiny bit more but it's loads better at the minute.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Nice clean example.
Good work with the shifter, must admit it’s something I think about doing every time I look at my scenic shifter

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Nice clean example.
Good work with the shifter, must admit it’s something I think about doing every time I look at my scenic shifter
Thanks mate. It's clean for it's age, but no minter!
I need to get my scenic stick put together and in. How much did you bend it by Louis? Take some pics with it in gear for us please.
Neutral

20180809_173310.jpg
4th
20180809_173328.jpg
3rd
20180809_173319.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Looks spot on that Louis. I've bent mine to 25° which looked about right when I drew the angles out compared to the standard stick. Will have to wait and see how the height affects it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks spot on that Louis. I've bent mine to 25° which looked about right when I drew the angles out compared to the standard stick. Will have to wait and see how the height affects it.
It feels perfect. Next up is replacing the bushes in the linkages which should help even more

Does this help? I didn't really do it to a specific angle, just by eye.

38779926_1835286416563763_4833064391098236928_n.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Washed the car yesterday then went in on sorting the interior as it had gotten quite dirty!
20180818_193159.jpg

Used autoglym shampoo on the seats, carpets, mats and doorcards then AG vinyl care everywhere else.
Even got into the door seals as they were just full of crap and doubt they'd ever been cleaned in 14 years.
20180818_193321(0).jpg
20180818_193332.jpg

20180818_193356.jpg

Gear shifter received a polish with silvo whilst I was at it. I'll be taking this out soon as it has some vertical play which I want to sort out.

20180818_193256.jpg

Frustratingly the spoiler started catching the roof on one of the really hot summer days and took away some of the paint. It's fine again now without any adjustment so must have been the high temperatures causing the problems!

20180818_193445.jpg

I have got hold of some braided brake lines that I'll be fitting along with bagging myself some typ200 fluid with the eBay voucher a few days ago.
I also have some genuine speakers on their way to replace the crappy edge and Kenwood ones currently fitted

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Did you get the shorter boot struts I mentioned?
I got BMW ones mate. Its not those that were the problem as it caught within a few cm of going up.
The heat must have warped it slightly at the back as it's so close. I could smell my car from about 100m away because of all the fibreglass at the time

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I got BMW ones mate. Its not those that were the problem as it caught within a few cm of going up.
The heat must have warped it slightly at the back as it's so close. I could smell my car from about 100m away because of all the fibreglass at the time

Ahh right.

Smell the fibreglass ?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Had a brilliant day at CSF yesterday, was great to catch up with people and also talk properly to people I havn't met before! Lots of awesome cars about and the weather held up really well, although chilly at times ?

Convoyed down with @leeds2592 in the Volvo barge, enjoyed watching that boat around the corners near blyton ?

Big thanks to @Dr Jekyll for grabbing lots of photos of my clio and taking me to the barn for some artsy shots, can't wait to see how they've come out! Never had a 'proper' camera on my clio before so will be nice to see how they come out. Really appreciate it mate!

I did grab a couple of photos but not many. I'm glad I spent the time Friday night giving it a once over, definite transformation from last year.

20180824_174514.jpg

20180825_152707.jpg
20180825_180521.jpg

Photo with @LeeRS with the typical black and anthracite 2118 sheep mod ;)

20180825_144829.jpg
20180825_180413.jpg
20180825_184900.jpg

Next one can't come quick enough.