ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

AAS'D RB 182
Went to collect the painted trophy spoiler, got there and my painter goes 'this looks to have less silver fleck to the spoiler I painted...'.

Went over and it seems the paintshop have mixed him 676 even after he told them it was 267.

Oh well, he's sorting it for me and it'll be ready Saturday. Just frustrating as I wanted it in my hands!

Gutted. Looks like a nice job for Saturday. Good work on the sub mate ??

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Teaser picz

20180616_094024.jpg

20180616_094119.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Noticed my rear light had a crack on the inside. Very strange but a quick fix with a new light!

Didn't get chance to get the spoiler on because of thunderstorms

20180616_154942.jpg
20180616_154948.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Have you got the shorter boot struts?
I most certainly don't.

I'll be measuring it up when it's on to see what the max length I can get away with is.

I'm gonna buy some rubnuts and fit those inside the spoiler I think. Can I run without a spoiler without water getting into the boot?
Besides the fact it'll look gash

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I most certainly don't.

I'll be measuring it up when it's on to see what the max length I can get away with is.

I'm gonna buy some rubnuts and fit those inside the spoiler I think. Can I run without a spoiler without water getting into the boot?
Besides the fact it'll look gash

You definitely need the shorter struts. SGS do them.

Just refit the cup spoiler for now, only 2 screws.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Swapped out my side repeater as it was cracked in a similar way to my rear light. Very odd, must be that age of plastic? All internal cracks, not from bumps

41050966520_a108a986a9_c.jpg
20180616_193553 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Went to the petrol station and jumped on the pressure washer today to give the car a proper pre-wash. I attacked the rear bumper and bootlid again with some fallout remover to try and remove that staining that I had happen from the fallout drying on a hot day.

Unfortunately working more fallout remover in and agitating it didn't help. Took the car back home and gave it a proper wash and then grabbed the daspro to run it over the rear end.

42813207552_4b3cf823ca_c.jpg
20180617_170420 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

42813205772_fcb880c7fe_c.jpg
20180617_170437 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

42143899014_130d9e7f38_c.jpg
20180617_192917 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

28988960528_3f41073222_c.jpg
20180617_170443 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

42143892754_110b91d4ee_c.jpg
20180617_192926 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Gave it a wipe over with some carpro eraser as recommended by @JamesBryan to remove the oils from the menzerna and it appears all the marks are gone. Fingers crossed!

I then went around the car with a touchup pen to fill in any small imperfections/ stonechips. I'll hopefully be going over them again next weekend with some wet and dry then machine polishing the whole car! Now i've found settings 5/6 on the daspro it works so well! ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Solution finish is okay, I didn’t find it as good/last as long as others say.

I use the sonax trim gel, lasts a while, is cheap, the bottle will last bloody ages lol.

Other than that, heat gun. But I haven’t tried that.

Have used peanut butter (smooth obvs) which was ok, for a day or two lol.

Im happy with the sonax gel, reminds me of the old skool bumper gel before others rebranded it.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
For Trim gel I use AutoGlym Trim gel, easy on and lasts a month at least.

Heat gun only brings the plastic oils to the surface and makes the plastic a tad brittle so not a massive fan of doing it. It does work well to bring back the dark look though

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Your car looks bald without a spoiler?

Paint looks fire though mate! Making me jealous as f**k!
Paintwork isn't mint, got lots of scratches on the top of the bumper but they're difficult to remove. I've never wetsanded then machine polished the marks away before but im sure it's not too difficult if i dont go overboard.

Wish people would lift stuff out the boots instead of dragging them over the bumper.

Yeah, looks almost like a 197 with the standard spoiler ☺ Didn't get round to refitting my cup one and might just leave it off until my rubnuts come

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Paintwork isn't mint, got lots of scratches on the top of the bumper but they're difficult to remove. I've never wetsanded then machine polished the marks away before but im sure it's not too difficult if i dont go overboard.

Wish people would lift stuff out the boots instead of dragging them over the bumper.
100% your Mrs

Mine likes to do that and that's why I'm keeping her away from my 172

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
100% your Mrs

Mine likes to do that and that's why I'm keeping her away from my 172

Not this time thankfully, although her sister slammed the passenger door with the seatbelt in between. Slammed it hard enough it even shut properly but with the belt in the doorjamb, i went sick.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
1000 yard death stare followed by "c**t c**t c**t c**t c**t c**t"?

My Mrs has a habit of being a cow and slamming my car door when she doesn't get her own way. Luckily I only let her in the dCi, shes scared of the 172 because shes a pussy

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Paintwork looks great. Gtechniq c4 permanent trim restorer is really good when applied properly if your after a long lasting oem finish. I done my dci with it and got 18months out of it before it started to fade.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks quite good from the back without a spoiler.
I'm driving around like this for a while because lazy.
Paintwork looks great. Gtechniq c4 permanent trim restorer is really good when applied properly if your after a long lasting oem finish. I done my dci with it and got 18months out of it before it started to fade.
I've heard good things about the gtechniq too, I'll take a look.

Paintwork definitely is not mint but it's okay for 129k

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Looking good, black is such a great colour when it's clean ? look forward to seeing the spoiler go on ?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all! Yeah, does look good when clean! Just never stays that way for long. Back is filthy again from all this pollen.

On the trophy front, how long can I wait before machine polishing? I'm guessing it could do with a wet-sand too? It has quite a lot of swirls in it already, but I know he buffed it up by hand as it still had some polish on it when I got it.

He said take it back to him when fitted, but just thought it'd be easier to try doing it myself, or is it not worth the effort?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'd wait a week or so before polishing the spoiler.
I went over it with an orange pad yesterday and some medium cut menzerna compound and it didn't seem to do anything. Maybe put more marks into it if anything.... think it's not fully hardened?

I'll wait a week then try again. Don't want to cause damage that can't be machined out