ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Weather was great in Huddersfield yesterday so got myself outside to make the most of it!

Removed the old polybushed dogbone and replaced it with my evol mount. I used some washers on the front part above and below the evol mount just to spread the load out across the bush.
Nipped up the bolts rather than torquing as recommended by @EvolEngineering2013.

20180421_125434.jpg

I then received a new carrier from a guy on the Facebook group. Unfortunately after cleaning it all up there was a bit more play in one slider to the other, just like the one on the car now.

20180421_125448.jpg

As I'd spent time cleaning it and degreasing it I thought I may aswell change them over and just pack it with grease. I bought a small tin of red Castrol rubber grease to use on the sliders as to avoid damaging the rubber seals.

20180421_141340.jpg

I had replaced all my sliders last year and they were still in great condition but only had a very small amount of grease left on them. These were cleaned and the carrier holes packed with just enough grease to limit movement but not too much to create a vacuum.
I did both sides and cleaned up all pads and pad slider clips before reassembling. Physically it felt like there was less side to side movement but wear in this top slider hole must be common as all 3 carriers I have were the same.

Whilst there I went over all the nuts and bolts as the cars been knocking pretty badly (on top of the carrier knock). Everything was tight apart from the balljoint nuts on the NSF!
They were only nipped up so must have been giving some slack in the balljoint as it moved ever so slightly over bumps etc. I've not been out and driven the car yet but I'm hoping this has been the problem. It has felt 'loose' so this might explain it.

Also tightened up the handbrake cable as after my visit to Carl it wasn't as firm as I liked or holding the car very well. Extra few turns of the adjuster and it's great again.

Might vacuum the car out today as it's filthy but that depends on the Weather! A drive out might also be on the cards, it is Earth day after all :wink:😂

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Aren't the polybushed wishbones meant to have a special washer on them?
Where abouts? I'm running washers either side of the wishbone bushes

What's the torque on the lower balljoint bolts? I've just done them to about 80, need loctite or don't they often come loose? Like i say, I'm sure I torqued them!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1364122

The big ones at the bottom iirc
Yeah I'm running those. That's not what was loose!

phew!! thought i'd not tightened something up for a mo.
Haha, no don't worry Carl! Just strange when we checked for play in the balljoints it wasn't visible the actual bolts underneath were loose.

Have to take it for a drive today to see if it's cured the knock. Hope so then it's not my top mounts! You seen them come loose before?

dan's cast offs.
where i lever them it wouldn't really show up the bolts being loose unless they were hanging. don't recall seeing any come loose before though.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Painted them red calipers yet? :tonguewink:
I like the red! :smile:

Removed the dogbone polybushes and they're the old design that powerflex changed from.

I levered them with pliers slightly and you can see they are cracking around the edge. Don't know what sort of impact this would have been having?

20180422_100210.jpg
20180422_100122.jpg
20180422_100312.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just been out and the gear changes are transformed. Wonder if that wear in the bush was causing me some problems?

I also now have zero knocks. Just a s**t ton of vibration from the evol. Presume it'll settle?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
f**k you both 😂:kissingheart:

It's more frustrating having knocking noises and car not feeling 100% after ploughing so much money into it

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
f**k you both 😂:kissingheart:

It's more frustrating having knocking noises and car not feeling 100% after ploughing so much money into it
Trust me, both of mine are c***s for that. You replace a part that's worn and then you get another one that decides to s**t itself:tearsofjoy:😂😂

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Removed the radio stalk today and fitted the kangoo blank. Loads better! I never used the stalk anyway as there's no stalk adapters available that work with the satnav display

20180428_133023.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That does look very neat actually!
I know you've said before you don't understand why people remove the audio stalk but I've never touched it in all my Clio ownership!

Didn't like how it looked once the smaller wheel was fitted either. Just the little things! I wont be binning it, just go in with my other OEM parts pile

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Get some Gyeon Rim sealant on them!
Nialls already been on at me! I could have added it onto my cyc order lol.

Need tyres anyway.
I bought these as they're a bargain and makes more sense than refurbing my current ones.
Can't beat factory brand new powdercoat and they also have black insides whereas my current ones don't.

They'll be for sale soon with barely worn ad08rs.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Nialls already been on at me! I could have added it onto my cyc order lol.

Need tyres anyway.
I bought these as they're a bargain and makes more sense than refurbing my current ones.
Can't beat factory brand new powdercoat and they also have black insides whereas my current ones don't.

They'll be for sale soon with barely worn ad08rs.

Black insides? That must be a new thing!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Black insides? That must be a new thing!

I'm not sure tbh! They were brand new never fitted by the person I bought them off but don't know when he bought them or when! My other ones are anthracite inside but these black. Not sure whether to remove the stickers inside or not.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure tbh! They were brand new never fitted by the person I bought them off but don't know when he bought them or when! My other ones are anthracite inside but these black. Not sure whether to remove the stickers inside or not.

Mine are all anthracite too.

Keep the stickers on ?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Also bought some new detailing products after the fiasco I had with setting 1 before ?

Not pictures is a fecks professor plush drying towel and Adams wash pad

20180505_094430.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just got off the phone with Kwikfit and they're able to do 4 x AD08R'S for £239.96. Bargain! My tyres are still pretty much brand new I have now, but for the price to get them changed over etc I may aswell have some brand new ones fitted.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I like the black! Might stay looking a little cleaner this way too ;) Fingers crossed, they'll be on the forum next weekend most likely.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Thought i'd update.

Got the new AD08R's onto my new 2118's. Kwik-fit were brilliant, cannot fault them one bit! Lad who fitted my wheels was very careful and made sure there was zero damage to the wheel. They used a new head on the machine to minimise the risk too.

20180512_095855 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Even fitted the AD08R's properly with the yellow dot by the valve.

20180512_095730 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Most wheels balanced up fine, but one of the tyres took a little more weight than the others. Pretty strange really, hope I experience no problems.

20180512_095744 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

To get them ready for fitting I cleaned them up with some Carpro Eraser then have finished them up with some Gyeon Rim quartz coating. I've done two, need to do the others when I get time!

20180514_200915 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

When I got back from Kwik-fit my passenger window decided to stop going up. Removed the doorcard to find this...

20180512_112928 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

A quick bodge sorted me out for a few days before my regulator arrived

20180512_123536 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

As the doorcard was now off it seemed a good time to get some silent coat sound deadening inside there. There was a noticeable improvement to the speaker quality and there was slightly reduced road noise after refitting the doorcard.

20180516_175452 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

I got the new regulator back in place at the same time. So frustrating not having a working window but thankfully an easy fix. Much better than some other cars where the window is bonded onto clips on the regulator. Renault did good here with a hole in the glass.

Next up was fitting the black insert headlights that I had been sitting on for a while. They were sanded right back and polished up before fitting but halfway through I found a broken clip on one of them... So I cut one from my salvage light, cut it until they both mated up correctly then plastic welded it into place. It was then backfilled with epoxy to strengthen it further. Worked great!

20180520_081910 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180519_181744 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Bumper off

20180519_140620 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Swapping over the Silvervision indicator and xenon Osram bulbs

20180519_140628 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Both on and after a quick wash

20180520_155611 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180520_155559 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180520_155621 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180520_155627 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Very subtle but much better than the grey when against the BG!

I had intended to dip my bonnet catch into some deox-c but a cheap genuine unused catch came up for sale on the fb groups for £12 so I grabbed that. Even came with some new genuine nuts!

20180517_124933 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180520_163250 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Gave the whole engine bay a going over with a detailing brush and some Autoglym engine cleaner.

20180520_163229 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180520_163240 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Will be changing all the the rusty bolts on the crash bar at some point as they do let down all the bay.

This also came up cheap, i've started cleaning it but still not sure whether to fit it or not!

20180517_125511 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

I have a ph1 stalk to go on anyway so will fit this whilst I'm there! I like the one I have fitted now as the lettering is engraved much further.

Finally, I managed to find some genuine clio aerial gaskets that are for the clios with the satnav aerial base! These are ultra rare and I had to get it from Germany but I can't wait to get it on the car as the gap that is there currently is awful.

20180515_172449 by Louis Walker, on Flickr