ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Degreased the grill and lightly sanded it back with some wet and dry then gave it a spray with some grey primer.

20180328_210331.jpg

Then using some hycote satin black it got a further 4 coats then refitted onto the car.
Looks miles better now being full black rather than the grey blue it was before.

20180330_113931.jpg

20180330_114018.jpg

Not sure whether I'll put the stickers back on yet but I managed to take them off carefully so could do if I wanted. I'd prefer to go brand new but they're NLA

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Degreased the grill and lightly sanded it back with some wet and dry then gave it a spray with some grey primer.

View attachment 1361727

Then using some hycote satin black it got a further 4 coats then refitted onto the car.
Looks miles better now being full black rather than the grey blue it was before.

View attachment 1361730

View attachment 1361728

Not sure whether I'll put the stickers back on yet but I managed to take them off carefully so could do if I wanted. I'd prefer to go brand new but they're NLA
Looks miles better now Louis.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks miles better now Louis.
Cheers Paul.

Still got a really annoying knock coming from the front end and I have no idea what is is.

On the motorway just now there were a lot of vibrations through the wheel. Need to investigate

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What bits you had apart?
I've had it down to the mounts again and pulled the engine forward before retorquing it all again. It's got solid top mounts with new bilsteins. These were still tight on check.

All new wishbone bushes, had a balljoint either side last year and they still feel fine.
New hubs fitted with new bearings a few months ago.
I'm having some new steering rack bushes and beam bushes fitted next weekend with @bloke.
Might ask if he'll give it a nosey around if I can't find it myself

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm running KTR solid top mounts. I did need to tap down the top hat onto the bilstein as the ID was slightly too small it seemed (or OD on the bilstein).

I could see where washers would sit underneath but i've had no problems up until recently. Everything else is still tight on top unless i've blown a bearing. They were rebuilt just after Christmas with genuine SKF bearings. I wonder if it's suddenly loosened up on the top hat and is now moving around causing the knock.

f**king hate knocks

dan's cast offs.
the top hat on the bilsteins sits ever so slightly lower than the shoulder on the damper shaft, only about 0.25mm but with solid top mounts you can get a bit of a clunk. spacer or few shim washers sorts it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
the top hat on the bilsteins sits ever so slightly lower than the shoulder on the damper shaft, only about 0.25mm but with solid top mounts you can get a bit of a clunk. spacer or few shim washers sorts it.
Yeah, I'm suprised it didn't do it from the start if it was going to knock. Had these on a fair while now.

I presume there's no way to fit little washers without removing the whole shock?

That grille looks great @Louis much better :up:

Knocks are so annoying you're right, my daily car has just developed a clonking from underneath when you go over a speed bump etc but as that's not a Clio or even a Renault i'll leave that comment parked at the side......... hope you get it sorted asap, hopefully without taking the shock(s) off!!

dan's cast offs.
Yeah, I'm suprised it didn't do it from the start if it was going to knock. Had these on a fair while now.

I presume there's no way to fit little washers without removing the whole shock?

yup, got to whip it off and take top mount off. doesn't take long though.

dan's cast offs.
Won't I lose their position though Carl? Or can you somehow leave them in place and drop the whole arm down to access the top?

few ways around it. can mark and measure where they are set to or wind the spring down and just drop it down off the top mount.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
few ways around it. can mark and measure where they are set to or wind the spring down and just drop it down off the top mount.
I worry that with it being ovalled it will make it especially hard to reposition. I like the second idea, but the top hat was a pain to tap down so might not be so simple to remove without full access!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I worry that with it being ovalled it will make it especially hard to reposition. I like the second idea, but the top hat was a pain to tap down so might not be so simple to remove without full access!

Just jack up both sides, drop the top mount off and stand on the lower arm to take the ARB pressure off. Hopefully it’s not difficult difficult lemon difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Pressed some new EXH020 Polybushes into the exhaust surround to replace the old ones that led to the exhaust not sitting straight.

New

20180331_171344 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Old

20180331_172008 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Majority of my time has been spent playing with this

received_1664938226931917 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Only took a crappy photo but thankfully the car hasn't deteriorated too much in the time it's been sat since I last worked on it. Hoping to turn it around then finish up some welding before getting the whole thing to a single colour.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Fitted my exhaust mounts and noticed one of the welds on the milltek backbox has cracked off. I'm visiting keltec the weekend after next so I'll get them to buzz a weld back on it

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Fitted my exhaust mounts and noticed one of the welds on the milltek backbox has cracked off. I'm visiting keltec the weekend after next so I'll get them to buzz a weld back on it

Ooooooo, What are Keltec doing? They sorting out your mani flange?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ooooooo, What are Keltec doing? They sorting out your mani flange?
Fingers crossed! I explained on the phone what's happening but they wanted to see it first obviously so will see what they say when I'm there.
I'm either going to get both manifold flanges cut off and new matching ones put on, or have a v band welded in and a flexi put in somewhere.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Fingers crossed! I explained on the phone what's happening but they wanted to see it first obviously so will see what they say when I'm there.
I'm either going to get both manifold flanges cut off and new matching ones put on, or have a v band welded in and a flexi put in somewhere.

Let me know what they say and price. I've still got to get mine done but not in a rush now I've got the Lolvo.