ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

AAS'D RB 182
I made some when I owned it before and managed to do some without cutting the bumper but can’t remember how or what I used!!!!! I have a genuine splitter but it’s cracked so not sure what to do.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I made some when I owned it before and managed to do some without cutting the bumper but can’t remember how or what I used!!!!! I have a genuine splitter but it’s cracked so not sure what to do.
Is it cracked and you're missing a part or just a small hairline type thing? I'd try a fibreglass repair on the back of it as they do look so good

AAS'D RB 182
Is it cracked and you're missing a part or just a small hairline type thing? I'd try a fibreglass repair on the back of it as they do look so good
Not missing any bits just split in half.as you say might glue it back together then fibreglass on the rear and fill and sand the crack and paint satin black or even try wrap it.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My bumper fell on the house when I took ot of last year. Oh well, it needs replacing anyway. Not sure if I want to go carbon on the outside as its a common route now. Hmm.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Another bright sunny day in Huddersfield so I removed the rear lights and plastic trim as have been getting the foglight coming on with the brake. Cleaned up all connections but it's still doing it? I will remove the bulbs next and look for any corrosion. I did notice some condensation in the cup spoiler brake light so maybe the cause?

I then wanted to try my trophy spoiler for size and i'm pretty chuffed with the fit! It's just sat in place, but looks like it'll be perfect. Will need some slight fettling but i'll leave that to the bodyshop to sort.

20180225_111524 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180225_111518 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180225_111416 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180225_111408 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

20180225_111343 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Then went for a small spirited drive as i've not done that in a while. Can't wait for summer and I can get heat into the ad08rs! I have noticed when going round a corner at speed the car has a tendency to not feel that 'planted'. I noticed the rebound when jacking up on the bilsteins is quite slow so this is maybe what i'm feeling? Either that or just the TC kicking in? Would have to compare it to someone else using billies.

I also scraped my splitter! 😧 Was always going to happen, just a shame so soon after fitting. It's not visible without looking for it anyways so I don't mind too much. Could almost do with a clear wrap putting on it to stop stone chips and such.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't get to the bottom of my light cluster & fog light on the dash issue after I cleaned up all the connections. However a spray of WD40 on the loom connectors and also on the light connectors fixed it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't get to the bottom of my light cluster & fog light on the dash issue after I cleaned up all the connections. However a spray of WD40 on the loom connectors and also on the light connectors fixed it.
It seems to just be as strong as ever so I might have to do the same!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Have you cleaned up the earth wires underneath the carpet/plastic trim at the rear of the boot, just under the rear lights?

These rubber gromets can leak. You might be able to follow the water staining down inside to the earth points.

DSC00070.jpg

Also the connectors inside the rear lights can be a bit loose too, can usually tweak them so they have a tighter grip on the pins when clipped in.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I did both mate.
All those earths were absolutely perfect as I'd previously sealed up those grommets with silicone. I did brass brush them clean but there was nothing to suggest corrosion at all.

I might just need to have a play with those connectors in the lights even though they were clean too. I know last time I had a similar problem it was down to the bulbs having corrosion on the threads where they earth. I'll give that a go when Its not freeeezing

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Finally.

I fancy the 383. Where did you buy yours?

Got this on ebay. I've been stuck between which one to get as i was tempted to go for one of the oreca ones but they were just short of £100 imported from france. Momo team black had taken my fancy aswell

Ooh nice!

I was going to message you with pics of my old Mono Team Black after you posted earlier on, but don't need too now!
Ooh, thought i'd seen it on someone elses car before but couldn't remember! Was it on your bg or ph1?

I'll be making my own bracket for this out of acrylic to retain the CC and stuff

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Ooooooo fancccyyyy.

How'd you get it cheap? Second hand? Any more? If want one!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ooooooo fancccyyyy.

How'd you get it cheap? Second hand? Any more? If want one!
You don't know what I paid! Unless Daniel told you? ;)

It is 'used' but it was apparently only fitted for a photoshoot then removed from the car. Definitely looks to have absolutely no wear on.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Mocked up a quick bracket in Solidworks. I'll tweak it more when the wheel arrives but you get the idea. Have to choose a button colour scheme next!

upload_2018-3-3_23-11-59.png

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks good. What are the slits for?
Allows the cables for the cruise control to pass through without getting squashed, same as on those FB ones. I'll be adding some engravings too but unsure whether to go for full words or just letters. :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Had a knocking coming from my front end so I went over all the engine and gearbox mounts and retorqued them and loctited them as I believe it was the manifold banging on the subframe.

I also managed to get this fitted!

20180324_134430.jpg

I have cruise control bracket to finish wiring up and also some airbag resistors to get but I'm chuffed with how it looks.
Can't wait to drive it!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Had a knocking coming from my front end so I went over all the engine and gearbox mounts and retorqued them and loctited them as I believe it was the manifold banging on the subframe.

I also managed to get this fitted!

View attachment 1361154
I have cruise control bracket to finish wiring up and also some airbag resistors to get but I'm chuffed with how it looks.
Can't wait to drive it!

Looks nice that mate! I couldn’t live with Alcantara on my wheel though[emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Gave the car a full service today -
Engine oil,
Gearbox oil,
Oil filter,
Pollen filter,
New washers all round.

Engine oil was black despite only being done around a year ago (about 8k miles) so glad I changed that. Gearbox was still crystal clear but it got changed anyway.

20180325_142937.jpg

20180325_143005.jpg

Then gave the car a quick once over with a sponge. Shocked how the hubs have just been stripped back of their paint over this past month. All this salt on the roads, hate to be by the sea!

No polish in these photos as I just couldn't be bothered haha.
20180325_174901.jpg

20180325_174919.jpg

20180325_174936.jpg

You'll notice I've also removed the grill. Has been annoying me how blue it is so it'll be getting a once over with some satin black :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Finally no shocking looking grille[emoji57][emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

Not that bad really ;) don't know whether to prime it or not? I only have normal grey primer but just hycote satin black.
Also do I remove all the stickers or just mask them off? Decisions decisions

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Just spray it with any primer mate. I rubbed mine down with a wire brush to scuff it up.

And get rid of the stickers anyway[emoji40][emoji6]

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So the steering feels loads better with the new 330mm wheel but it definitely feels slightly heavier. Is this normal or have I done something wrong?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Did ya not do moments at school?

"Moments. A moment is the turning effect of a force around a fixed point called a pivot. For example, this could be a door opening around a fixed hinge or a spanner turning around a fixed nut. The size of a moment depends on two factors: ... the perpendicular distance from the pivot to the line of action of the force."

So yeah, normal that you new wheel.makes you feel weak[emoji23]

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Did ya not do moments at school?

"Moments. A moment is the turning effect of a force around a fixed point called a pivot. For example, this could be a door opening around a fixed hinge or a spanner turning around a fixed nut. The size of a moment depends on two factors: ... the perpendicular distance from the pivot to the line of action of the force."

So yeah, normal that you new wheel.makes you feel weak[emoji23]

Glad you remembered that from your school days all those years ago Paul ;)