ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just tweaking a few now @Louis. Hopefully they've come out ok.

Your car looked great and was great to catch up with you again ?

DSC_0558.jpg
DSC_0565.jpg
DSC_0569.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Haha, I don't think he actually has brake pads fitted either!!

Well he is only 18 so what can you expect!

Was funny you guiding him in to get pics of his and Lee's together. I was changing my wheels over and I thought he wasn't going to stop ?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just tweaking a few now @Louis. Hopefully they've come out ok.

Your car looked great and was great to catch up with you again ?

View attachment 1383000View attachment 1383001View attachment 1383002
Love these Mark!
Especially the one outside between the walls. I can't wait to see the rest!

Mine definitely didn't come out as well inside the barn. Must just be the weird light as we said!
Was funny you guiding him in to get pics of his and Lee's together. I was changing my wheels over and I thought he wasn't going to stop ?
To be fair I didn't actually see the wheel on the floor straight away ?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
@JamesBryan once he decided had drive in forward, he realised he made a mistake. Unfortunately there was many eyes on him and he was already commited to the manoeuvre!

I think I got a few of yours too James.

Mine looks so much better with the white wheels on. Need to get my road wheels done white.

dan's cast offs.
go to fouzies in llangollen, food is great. also little place called the gallery is worth trying as well. we stay there quite a bit, great place to hide away and do pretty much sod all.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Started on making up my silenced decat. Have a vband flange and clamp to buy, then going to get it all tacked up at work and then properly tigged.

Hoping this will take away my drone on the motorway.

20181017_121459.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Not too much has happened recently. Drove a 500 mile round trip for work last week and it didn't miss a beat, got 44mpg for the journey too! Was helped by the endless 30mph and 50mph average speed camera zones...

Gave it a wash, finished with black hole and then 2 coats of natty wax. Love how it beads off the water, my gyeon rim also seems to be lasting really well. I'd recommend that stuff to anyone!

20181104_162139.jpg

Also painted up some side bullets as I didn't like how dark my current ones were. I went for a bright silver and think they look the part. Much more OEM and they match the decals on the 2118s. Ideally I'd have a perfect match to my wheels but no-one can mix up the paint to the code speedline gave me.

20181112_174447.jpg
20181117_142920.jpg
20181117_142847.jpg

@Craig sent me some ring 5500k bulbs and just got those fitted as my current osram xenarc ones were absolutely crap. Have to wait until it's a little darker before I can see them properly. On first glance they looked good! Just need to realign my headlights too.
Thanks again Craig.

20181117_151031.jpg

Exhaust has been fully tigged too. Going to have a full decat version made with a small flexi when I get chance. Still got the flange to have welded onto the mani!

IMG-20181106-WA0000.jpg

Also have some new brembo HC UV front discs, Genuine Renault rear discs and PBS pads to fit. These will go with my braided lines and fresh fluid so should be a noticeable difference!

20181117_151256.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Removed all the inlet manifold, throttle body and fuel rail guard for painting.

Removed the map sensor but managed to damage part of the green o-ring. Anyone know the size to replace it?

IMG-20181117-WA0005.jpeg

Also used the opportunity to clean up all the inside of the throttle body as it had been nearly 2 years since I last did!

20181117_203818.jpg
20181118_150720.jpg
20181117_203810.jpg
20181118_153505.jpg

Only had one run of lacquer on the throttle body but I'll sand this out when it's had more time to cure. I've refitted the map sensor but it is slightly looser than before. I'll probably buy a new o ring rather than risking it not being sealed properly.

Proper chuffed with how they've come out though, going to replace the vvt seal before I paint all the cam cover.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Good effort there Louis ?. What did you use to clean up the inlet first? I expect it was a bit greasy?
I shoved it in the bath when the Mrs was out and coated it in degreaser then rinsed it all off.
Used nylon brushes and brake cleaner to get into the tight areas but it came out clean quite easily.
I got some halfords etch primer as a base so it could grip better too.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Decided to change the vvt seal as I'd noticed lots of oil kicking around.
What a mess. Took a fair bit of persuasion to remove the seal but got there in the end!
20181124_145454.jpg

All cleaned up and the new seal tapped home with a 27 and 30mm socket. Cleaned up the solenoid and pushed that back in then gave it a couple of taps with the hammer to seat it before tightening up the 10mm retaining bolt.

Then whilst I was there I decided to mask up and paint the cam cover.
20181124_155406.jpg

Not a perfect job but it'll do without pulling the whole engine. Gets dark so quick so don't have a fully painted photo I'm afraid! I'll get one tomorrow.

Replaced the breather O-ring and also fitted a new genuine inlet gasket as my other was looking a bit worn. Probably original to the car!
20181124_172101.jpg

Still need to nip up all the remaining bolts and fit the ktec hose but that's another job for the morning. Going to wrap up the loose map sensor with ptfe tape too. Had some help from this little bruiser but he was mainly getting in the way!

20181124_212831.jpg

Attachments

• 20181124_155410.jpg
    20181124_155410.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 407

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Booked in with csk race exhausts tomorrow to have the flange sorted on my manifold.
Machined a vband flange recess to 66mm so it'll sit onto the end of the manifold properly without any messing around sleeving it etc
(Used my spare mani as a point of reference)
20181129_184326.jpg

Also ordered up parts for a decat section as it's easier than chopping up my milltek.

20181129_181329.jpg
20181129_181640.jpg

Got a few clunking noises at the minute so will investigate those this weekend! Might remove all my shock covers and give them a proper decrease depending on the weather :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Took the trip over to CSK today for my exhaust doing and what a great job they did!
Annoyingly I machined the wrong flange lol but nevermind, the non machined one went on more snug anyway!

So he cut off my bastardised repair from a year ago and welded on the new vband flange

20181130_155127.jpg

Then took to tacking up all the decat after realigning all the exhaust before finishing it on the bench

20181130_165629.jpg
20181130_165635.jpg

He also tigged up some cracks on the system Becausemilltekyo.

Car feels so much better top end now and no more awful blows! So happy with the work and Charlie is a top bloke! Would recommend them if yours needs doing 100%. Annoyingly I had the wrong flange welded onto my other silenced decat so will chop and change that at some point.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'm chuffed! Was proper bad before so I'm glad it's sorted.
Might try get booked in for mapping early next year now