ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best shampoo for the car

Full Fat 182
Extreme body wash & wax from CARWASHnWAX is my new favorite. Better lubricancy than all the others I've tried and seems to mix better with the water, where as Gold Class is so thick, it tends to take a good blast with the hose to get it to break down and mix properly. Not the cheapest tho, but the first stage of cleaning the car is critical in not inducing any marring or swirls so its a worth while addition in my opinion if you plan on spending good money on the rest of the kit

AceJon

106 GTi
Current choice a 50/50 Mix of both Einzett 1Z Exclusive and 1Z Perls shampoos from www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

Other faves, Extreme Body Wash and Wax if I have no time to wax after, or Sonax Gloss shampoo.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Autoglyms the worst shampoo imo . Extreme body wash n wax for me also from carwashnwax

Its usually very fast delivery and 10% discount if your a CS member :)

Yep I bought AG and did'nt think much too it tbh, put the amount they said in and it did'nt foam much and did'nt cut through road grime hardly at all, Turtle Wax Zip wax shampoo is what I use, its great cuts through road grime bird muck and beads water great

182 has now gone!
I bought some Turtle Wax Extreme Nano-Tech wash and wax (its on 3 for 2 in Halfords) I was quite impressed with it.. Lathered up well and left a nice shine to the car... :D

M

mij29

Johners said:
I bought some Turtle Wax Extreme Nano-Tech wash and wax (its on 3 for 2 in Halfords) I was quite impressed with it.. Lathered up well and left a nice shine to the car... :D

was going to ask if any 1 had tried that, might give it a go as i do find thet AG doesn't give a good shine or beading.

BMW E46 330i Touring
My favourite so far is Megs Gold Class, the Autoglym shampoo I've currently got is rubbish in comparison. Haven't tried any of the CG / Poorboys stuff yet though...

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
MRBILLYUK said:
This stuff makes lots and lots of bubbles ;)

http://www.matey.co.uk/range.htm

go.gif
:approve:

Right... thats me sorted, now what about my car hehe

182 has now gone!
mij29 said:
was going to ask if any 1 had tried that, might give it a go as i do find thet AG doesn't give a good shine or beading.

I was impressed with it, especially as it only cost a £5!!!
I washed the car and dryed it off at that was it.. looks good, my friend asked if I had polished it.. so it must look ok!!!!

Mazda MX5 1.8
megs gold class for me at the moment.

bought a big bottle of it so will keep me going for a while

ag shampoo is poo. hardly any bubbles :(

106 GTi
Megs NXT foams up like hell, loads of bubbles, harsh on the wax finish though.

The chemical guys stuff is close.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Used AG today and was actually more impressed. Foamed up enough without being over the top, and barely had to rinse at the end at all. I waxed the car recently, so it may just be because of that that the water sheeted off so easily.

M

mij29

clio__chris said:
megs gold class for me at the moment.

bought a big bottle of it so will keep me going for a while

ag shampoo is poo. hardly any bubbles :(

Thats why i like AG, no bubbles. Seema easyer to rinse off.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
i use VAG wash & wax, no bubbles hardly, just cloudy water but, when you leather it, wicked.

I used to use sonax gloss shampoo which i will be going back to when i get car.

You get it from vauxhall dealers. I have also used sonax xtreme shampoo and that was better than the gloss shampoo.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
im using zymol auto wash at the moment and im well impressed with the stuff gives the car a lovly shine, very concentrated and gives loads of bubbles, smells very nice too.

jay s said:
im using zymol auto wash at the moment and im well impressed with the stuff gives the car a lovly shine, very concentrated and gives loads of bubbles, smells very nice too.

Agreed this is the stuff for sure. Leaves a lasting shine and smells better than your birds shampoo. Do zymol do after shave ? !

R

rich[182]

I've just used some of the Turtlewax Nano-tech wash & wax, awesome results on a silver car, mixes well, greats foam/suds, you can see the wax finish as soon as you wash and it rinses easy, main thing is if youve not time to dry it leaves the finish really good,
A steal at a fiver from Halfords

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I have the NXT Wash, which was good for starting out with bot does strip away wax, then I got some gold class which I did not like that much, so got some Wash n wax and find it very good.

I still want to try some sonax but found that Vox dealers no longer do it... :(

Mito Sportiva 135
I've been meaning to get some new shampoo but had a massive contained of the Turtle Wax Extreme Wash n Wax stuff, its surprisingly good especially if you finish off with a waffle weave towel with some QD, almost no need to polish, except the OCD makes me.