ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best shampoo for the car

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
I picked up some Sonax from my local Network Q Place in Leamington. They did the cockpit cleaner and all sorts.

I use Zymol it's awesome, smells like suntan lotion with extracts from lemons, banana & coconut essence oils. Almost too good to wash the car with...think it was about £6 to £7 from Halfords.

Hyundai coupe
1zperls is thee best shampoo out there expensive though, tried the Blackfire shampoo today superb, suds really well and left an amazing finish will be buying a 32oz of that soon.

i currently use wahnwax with a dash of maxi suds in the gilmour but planning on using the citrus wash with gloss enhancers for the winter.

Graham

Leon Cupra
I have never used anything other than autoglym! i use the shampoo, the resin polish, then the extra gloss solution, glass polish on the lights and windows after cleaning them with fast glass, brings me clippo up a treat!:S

ST
AG shampoo is rubbish mate....really..try some megs gold class or chemical guys wash&wax, chemical guys maxi suds or the greeny/blue zymol shampoo you can get in halfords.

For the full chemical guys range check out: http://www.carwashnwax.com/ you get a 10% discount on all products for being a ClioSport member too.

Al.

106 GTi
I dont think the AG shampoo is not rubbish - it cleans well and leaves a great finish, just a shame it does not foam up.

Still liking the 1z shampoos, mixed 50/50 or the CG wash'n'wax. Was not impressed by the CG maxi suds though. Sonax Gloss is still my number 1 just getting hard to find locally.

I dont think the AG shampoo is not rubbish - it cleans well and leaves a great finish, just a shame it does not foam up.

Still liking the 1z shampoos, mixed 50/50 or the CG wash'n'wax. Was not impressed by the CG maxi suds though. Sonax Gloss is still my number 1 just getting hard to find locally.
The maxi suds is great through the foam gun ,i normally mix the maxi suds with the extreme washnwax as well:cool:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i like extreme washnwax, it smells nice and is kinds silky, it doesnt sud up alot but does that matter?

ST

The maxi suds is great through the foam gun ,i normally mix the maxi suds with the extreme washnwax as well:cool:

I tried mixing the maxi wi the wash&wax for the 1st time this afternoon..was spot on!!

106 GTi

Just ordered a foam gun so will give it a shot.

What sort of mixture of Maxi Suds and water do you use in it David?

Cheers

Rich

RB 182
The Maxi suds I didn't think was great with the Gilmour Rich, best bet I think if your using the CG stuff is to use some Wash'n'Wax as it seems to foam better.

Just ordered a foam gun so will give it a shot.

What sort of mixture of Maxi Suds and water do you use in it David?

Cheers

Rich
Rich
i normally put a few squirts in the foam gun and then fill up with water and use on the highest setting ,i find that this produces a high level of foam and bubbles to ensure a swirl free wash
I have also mixed in a few drops of the extreme washnwax shampoo and that also does the trick
The foam gun is fantastic to use as long as you have decent pressure through the hose

ST
Ben how much n where did you get the part for connecting the Gilmour gun to a hoselock??

Cheers, Al.

The Maxi suds I didn't think was great with the Gilmour Rich, best bet I think if your using the CG stuff is to use some Wash'n'Wax as it seems to foam better.
im surprised that the maxi suds isnt foaming for you guys,if not using it in the foam gun i normally squirt a small amount into my wash bucket and then use my hose to foam up and it produces a great deal of foam

106 GTi
im surprised that the maxi suds isnt foaming for you guys,if not using it in the foam gun i normally squirt a small amount into my wash bucket and then use my hose to foam up and it produces a great deal of foam

I used a little more in a bucket on Sunday, about 4 capfulls and it was better than the last time.

RB 182
Alan I think it was about £2 from Mark at AutoBrite (sales@autobritedirect.co.uk) drop him and email and he'll let you know the right piece.

Lots of people have said that Homebase is the easiest place to get it but they had run out when I went to get one.

ST
Alan I think it was about £2 from Mark at AutoBrite (sales@autobritedirect.co.uk) drop him and email and he'll let you know the right piece.

Lots of people have said that Homebase is the easiest place to get it but they had run out when I went to get one.

Hmm David said he got his from B&Q...i'll jus go there tomorrow but if i dont have any luck i'll know who to speak to.

Cheers, Al.

ST
Cool...well theres one of those massive B&Q super stores near me so they should have a 3/4 connector if not theres also a plumbing trade place too...

RB 182
It's the favourite wax for me at the moment for shine and colour that it gives, so easy to use as well which is always nice. If it wasn't for the rain I might get to use it more!