ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Banther's New Golf

banther

ClioSport Club Member
See man driving a German whip etc. 1 owner. 50k. Banging spec. Shout out to @TomSx for putting up with my ramblings / indecision :)

TIDL - Waiting for it to be serviced.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice! I don't like 3 door Golfs but other than that, looks cracking!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
So long since I've been on I've obviously become a techno r****d but yeah as above.

@Daniel I had to compromise on something within my budget so 3 drs and cloth seats it was. Ticks every other box - adaptive suspension, sat nav, dynaudio, manual etc. so I'm happy. Got a lovely v70 (ahem....) for dog slogging / furniture movement so practicality isnt an issue.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So long since I've been on I've obviously become a techno r****d but yeah as above.

@Daniel I had to compromise on something within my budget so 3 drs and cloth seats it was. Ticks every other box - nav, dynaudio, manual etc. so I'm happy. Got a lovely v70 (ahem....) for dog slogging / furniture movement so practicality isnt an issue.
V70?! FLOL!! You suit that down to a T mate.
Wax jacket and wellies in the boot, dog saliva all over the rear windows.... You are SO volvo V70!

Ps, that golf is infinitely better than a 4 pot petrol BMW I promise you.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
V70?! FLOL!! You suit that down to a T mate.
Wax jacket and wellies in the boot, dog saliva all over the rear windows.... You are SO volvo V70!

Ps, that golf is infinitely better than a 4 pot petrol BMW I promise you.
LOL! TBH I am a little in love with the tank. Handbrake isnt fantastic though (as I found out when a tannoy announcement came out in Tesco that it was blocking the exit) so I'm using chocks for the moment. Tallyho. It's green too.

Yeah the BMWs I could afford were either moon mileage, s**t spec or too old so gave up looking.

Really like the Golf, but love that old TVR in the background in picture 1. Is it a 2500M?

TIL: Couple of days staying with family, loads of great food, great booze and hanging out with nieces and nephews - love it!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like Monzas, they always suited the golf and I usually hate polished faces.

Good cars, but the mk6 was just a mk5.5 which I felt let it down.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Good cars, but the mk6 was just a mk5.5 which I felt let it down.
I do agree. The main benefit is the interior feels light years ahead when your in them.

He's got tarten too although tweed would probably be more fitting for him.
21952046714_b77c35863c_z.jpg

They usually have big tips but i'd agree.
Has it been tuned? The exhaust doesn't look standard.
He has a few mods. Also it's got Milltek.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
OK so I have my own thread. How egotistical.

Yes it has a Militek can't remember if its the res/non-res but either way its the quiet one. Worst comes to worse I can sell it and have a custom one made more to my taste. TBH I was really sceptical about it but really it sounds stock until you really get into the silly rpm which suits me. And its 3 inches which is larger than standard but I dont think it looks too ridiculous.

I know its not the most exciting car in the world but really it ticks the boxes for 'semi sensible commuter that wont depreciate much'. I had a host of other ideas - GTD was a strong contender, Fiesta ST because newness and reviews but values seem to drop massively, BMW 335d too old, 330d again, 123d 08/09 even with M Sport spec I've been in more luxurious feeling Premier Inns, Audi A3 Sportback 2.0d Black - good spec but really boring even to look at or the 1.8TFSI which was a close second to the GTI.

@TomSx you're onto something there. Maybe a nice brown Harris tweed. Hard wearing and only smells like piss if you get it wet.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a bit worried about the passenger seat tbh. The bolsters are quite hugging and my SO has a big ass.
Just got to wait until tomorrow to pick it up 😧
Haha I bet they're lovely. Even my GT seats are nice to sit in.
Bet you cannae wait.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
TBH it's more relief from all the time looking at cars - got pretty boring!!

Already bought a few things - centre caps for wheels as they've just been refurbed the old ones look a bit boggo & some wiper blades because I dont like any but bosch.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice - especially the colour - I think white suits the GTis. Twin pipes look better than the R's offering too - but that's another argument. :blush:

Just not convinced on the alloys. Too 'big' in appearance and too bland. They almost remind me of a Downfall play piece.... (showing my age here!)

Downfall3_zpsmbvwlt1d.jpg

Good choice - especially the colour - I think white suits the GTis. Twin pipes look better than the R's offering too - but that's another argument. :blush:

Just not convinced on the alloys. Too 'big' in appearance and too bland. They almost remind me of a Downfall play piece.... (showing my age here!)

Downfall3_zpsmbvwlt1d.jpg

The alloys are for people who still play with that 😂😂

banther

ClioSport Club Member
TBH I couldn't afford wheels even if I wanted them. 2 houses bought & sold + new car in one year has been pretty hard lol.

Watch this space but, for now, it stays as is.