ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Clio 172 Cup Road/Track

Cup In bits
Was always going to be with a French car day and £55 for the day. I don't mind some close running, it adds to the fun but some are dangerous when your not expecting it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
A few people?! If you hit someone on the straight, when accelerating you should be off and not allowed back out. Accidents happen but that is appalling.

Cup In bits
A few people?! If you hit someone on the straight, when accelerating you should be off and not allowed back out. Accidents happen but that is appalling.

I heard a few?!? Maybe not.

Yeah there's no excuse really for that, thing looked like a nail in the passing.

Cup In bits
Another video with most the slides off all my videos from Sunday.

Most of the other videos are full of colourful language so best leave them out :)

[video=youtube_share;j523RIB_3Ts]http://youtu.be/j523RIB_3Ts[/video]

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
FLOL @ that video!!

Anyway, your car hates the kerbs. Your handling is all over the place!

If that c*nt in the AX rubbed me, I'd be kicking him up and down the paddock.

Cup In bits
FLOL @ that video!!

My first attempt at editing.

Anyway, your car hates the kerbs.

Rides them a charm, n/s/f geo will be out again I'm sure.

Your handling is all over the place!

Never its just soft....You need to go quick enough Gaz to do that lol ;) thats what happens when you overdrive, no fun In cruising round. For reference it's just over 80mph apex at Duffus and 70ish wet to give you an idea, it looks slower than it is really.

As I have said before, ARB full hard and a bit of trail braking works a charm to get this boat around without too much understeer.

If that c*nt in the AX rubbed me, I'd be kicking him up and down the paddock.

You knows it, I was waiting for him to stick it up the inside somewhere but just let him past in the end.

Lol. Just lol.

Not good enough track etiquette?

Last edited:
Was expecting something like that from 'the clique' another one that's up for a Darwin Award.

It's up to our selfs how we have fun on track, just try not to endanger anyone other than yourself.

Brilliant. The 'clique'? If the 'clique' consists of people that don't drive erratically and are respectful on trackdays so they don't potentially wreck other people's cars/days, then yeah I must be in the 'clique'.

Cup In bits
Brilliant. The 'clique'? If the 'clique' consists of people that don't drive erratically and are respectful on trackdays so they don't potentially wreck other people's cars/days, then yeah I must be in the 'clique'.

'The clique' has nothing to do with track driving although you would think most of you are police officers the way you harp on.

Show me where I potentially wrecked people's cars? I backed off through the yellow flags, stopped for reds. The potential is always there for an accident on track (especially at KH as your let away with murder which is what makes it good) If someone wants to get a nats ball width from your back bumper or not let you past (an invitation to tail them) then it's their choice, I'm willing to do so and I don't mind others doing so as long as there's some sort of responsibility about it.

Theres a lot of close running that happens at KH but I still stick to the rules of the day.

Cup In bits
^^^ exactly.

​I'm in control of my car 95% of the time despite what it looks like, most of it is forced because I like doing so. If I felt that much in danger I wouldn't be doing it.

Renault Clio Super 1600
I don't watch many trackday videos or anything, but what struck me watching yours was how little grip you appear to have. What tyres do you run? They seemed pretty poor in the damp

Lotus Elise
A big fan of obeying flag signals I see.

some nice catches but plenty of TDOs would be upset at you driving like that especially when yellows are being held or waved.

Cup In bits
I don't watch many trackday videos or anything, but what struck me watching yours was how little grip you appear to have. What tyres do you run? They seemed pretty poor in the damp

They are Federal RS-R's with loads of life left. Its just the soft suspension and RARB that makes it lively. You will see I have two steering inputs at Duffus (first corner) on turn in when I slide, the car rolling that I catch which then starts the slide then I catch the slide itself. It helps to get the tail out at KH, granted not that much but its just got lowering springs so I'll live with it.

When wet it was lethal, real greasy with the cold morning, oil down and then a downpour of rain. TBH they were out performing various tyres and I would say it was one of the quicker cars in that session when wet. I'm just driving a little to hard on them, if I cut it back a bit then they're sure footed.

I span it on an outlap once at Oulton Park, lol.

My first and last I hope , It was a joke tbh but don't want to make a habit.

A big fan of obeying flag signals I see. some nice catches but plenty of TDOs would be upset at you driving like that especially when yellows are being held or waved.

The incident happened in front of me (ph1 spinning) on the first lap so I knew what it was, when the waved went down and stationery flags went up and they were clear of the car it was safe to go again, they were just waving yellow at the bottom cause I was going sideways through the top.

Morgan never thought about drifting rather than track days? Lol

No but I have about rallying if someone would pay.

You mean that's not what he's doing?!

:slap:

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
Last track day videos.

[video=youtube_share;ERUY_iO5j0Y]http://youtu.be/ERUY_iO5j0Y[/video]

[video=youtube_share;mm2PO9RIPKg]http://youtu.be/mm2PO9RIPKg[/video]

Ph1 track car, Dci
Most trackday videos are boring as anything but these are entertaining, very committed! Is that 106 supercharged?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Fully committed as per, Morgan. You get away with murder, running those 4 pot Brembo's.

Cup In bits
Most trackday videos are boring as anything but these are entertaining, very committed! Is that 106 supercharged?

Cheers, I like to drive my cars as they should be. Maybe, there is a few turbo/charged 106's up this way..... it was a good bit quicker on the straights than me and I was passing other 106's easily.

On my list for next year Knockhill. Its one mile closer to my house than Spa.

Crazy, i wish i could say the same. Its well worth the trip as others that have come from down south have said how good it is when speaking to them, race drivers love it......or at least the ones that can drive it, Plato not included. Make a weekend of it as the TD's are so cheap you can afford to.

haha you're video's are always a pleasure to watch Morgan

Cheers Liam, will have to get you out on a wet day and scare you haha.

Fully committed as per, Morgan. You get away with murder, running those 4 pot Brembo's.

I still remember you saying "you brake a LOT later than i do there" in a worried voice, I lol'd to myself at the time. Believe it or not standard callipers with good pads and ABS can brake later but these callipers when fitted with better pads will brake later more consistently for longer and have better pad wear.

Cup In bits
Also this car will be going back to near standard over the coming months, things like half leather/alacantra interior, xenons, full suspension refresh, low mileage gearbox will be staying on the car so if anyone wants an driven but very well mechanically cared for car then get in contact.

Cup In bits
Sold this car today to a good friend to run as a winter car :(

Its been a brilliant little track car to me over this summer after rebuilding basically the whole car earlier in the year, it will be going back to standard this week with a few little bits left on so it he can enjoyed like they should.

I'll be sad to see it go but can only have one track car going forward.

Sold this car today to a good friend to run as a winter car :(

Its been a brilliant little track car to me over this summer after rebuilding basically the whole car earlier in the year, it will be going back to standard this week with a few little bits left on so it he can enjoyed like they should.

I'll be sad to see it go but can only have one track car going forward.

That mean you'll be focusing on race car?

Cup In bits
That mean you'll be focusing on race car?

That's the plan mate

Sneaky name change three me there for a second!!

So when's the other out for testing?

Bags a shot ;)

Saves confusion with the difference to my email spelling.

Early next year hopefully, depends what kind of winter we get as the board will be out before long which is another distraction and it will stop testing if it drags on.

Aye you can have a shot no bother round Knockhill

Last edited: