ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams ph1 172 ?

CLIO PH1 172
No not exactly acres of space lol

Once the calliper and discs off it's not to bad to access, I think therea pictures in here somewhere of when I fitted mine

CLIO PH1 172
Just picked this ip from silent-scone for no other reason than I fancied areo catches but didn't fancy fitting them my self

ad0119bc.jpg

Will be fitting this tomorrow hopefully

And will also be trial fitting the oilcooler ;)

CLIO PH1 172
Managed to get the bonnet fitted tonight looks much better imo, just deciding whether to keep the original lock or not??

BlackGold 182
haha looks bloody mean like that!!

ps i emailed amd essex and they wanted £132 to fit the camber shims!!

CLIO PH1 172
Dartford, just next to bluewater mate send me a pm telling me what you want amd when your available ect...

CLIO PH1 172
Oh and as for the bumper not fitting I think it's due to lots of broken clips

So far I have replaced the wings and headlights all with new clips nuts and bolts so the last thing to change is the actual bumper I just want it to fitt a bit more flush than it is atm.

My bumper was like that after i took it on and off so many times.
Got the bumper resprayed and the bloke managed to fix it properly, until i pull it off again :D

Lovely ph1, looks pretty mean!

CLIO PH1 172
Yea the ph1 bumpers are a nightmare I know but mine has about a half inch gap under both headlights and looks s**t I just want it to sit flush

CLIO PH1 172
update:

right i done some more stripping to the car the other day and have now decided to get even more out.

I just need to get rid of the tar stuf. blahhh

ab0c3f76.jpg

but all the front carpet is now out and so are the plastics.

i have also replaced the wing mirrors to manual mirrors to avoid having to move the electric adjuster (as i have carbon cards now)

41752991.jpg

next up I fitted a snap off sparco steering wheel boss. I was initially looking for just a wheel spacer to bring it closer but this came up cheap so I thought why not!

a658f2dd.jpg

also got my hands on some of these ;) thanks to nickson

44e3ee15.jpg

d80d61d4.jpg

but over the last week or two the car has had a few problems :( :( :( :(

-cat has broken on the weld and is now blowing like a slut
-rear pad is tapping i think its just a missing clip but i have a doubt in my mind it could be a warped disc
-I think my drivers side front wheel bearing is shagged
-and my clutch is deffo on its way out, once the car is hot and i engage the clutch it sounds like a metal whinning sound. (clutch release bearing?)

CLIO PH1 172
yea bit of a b**ch but not to bad tbh i just use a lint roller thingy lol

and yes boss was perfect thanks.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Nice mirrors! ;) and get that tar out! Being that stripped heats your feet up too. As i found out lol, you will need grip tape stuff on the floor aswell! The bits where the tar is gets slippy!! Lol

CLIO PH1 172
Yea I have some grip tape, once the tar is out I will be putting a false floor in that is ever so slightly raised to match the hight the carpet was...

I'm still hoping to spray the interior satin black but atm my priority is to get it running right

CLIO PH1 172
Just ordered some power flex bushes for the dog bone as well as mine has a lot of play and this is what I'm guessing could have split my cat !!

CLIO PH1 172
Cheers Rob will keep checking back I need to get my cat sorted first really lol but I want to get the clutch ready, do I need anything else when fitting it ??

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Gear oil... that's about it.

If you want to change engine mounts do it at the same time, as they've ALL got to come off or at least be loosened pretty much.

Also, no that's not it. They must either have stopped stocking it or be out of stock..

Try maynard at GSF.

CLIO PH1 172
Iv just found one on eBay (can't link as I'm on my phone) but it seems genuine £110 posted sound about right? Might give them a call tomorrow and find out if it comes with everything yours did ....,

CLIO PH1 172
Thanks mate will find out tomorrow, in all honesty though when the time comes would you mind giving me a hand doing it ?