ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams ph1 172 ?

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Smart looking car mate.

What did they do about the rear thrust angle? just shim the rear hubs to try and dial it out?

I was thinking about this when I stipped my donor 172 cup and removed the rear beam. There's quite a lot of scope for the beam mounts to move around on the bolts. Thinking i'll need to leave these just nipped up when the car is finally rebuilt and have the rear beam adjusted to suit when it goes for alignment.

CLIO PH1 172
Smart looking car mate.

What did they do about the rear thrust angle? just shim the rear hubs to try and dial it out?

I was thinking about this when I stipped my donor 172 cup and removed the rear beam. There's quite a lot of scope for the beam mounts to move around on the bolts. Thinking i'll need to leave these just nipped up when the car is finally rebuilt and have the rear beam adjusted to suit when it goes for alignment.

not sure exactly how he done it, i think he said he was going to loosen the beams mounting points then tweek it slightly, tbh the guy said it would be fine but as he couldnt get it spot on so he never charged me, which was nice.

Nice tyres mate.

I usually run them at 26psi all round.

Nice car by the way!

haha thanks they look spot on. i got the tyre place to set them at 29psi so i will adjust them on the day thanks.

CLIO PH1 172
just found this entrance shot to trax....

trax.jpg

pretty s**t tbh!

CLIO PH1 172
Everything on the list is now done apart from flushing some new brake fluid through, other than that its ready for brands on the morning.

Oh 1 last thing I want to do is male a mount for my phone for some videos ;) I'm guessing the best place will be the cross bar on the cage ....

CLIO PH1 172
Sorry for the lack of pictures in the last couple of updates but meh....the car Is finally ready for tomorrow only thing I didn't do was change to braided lines :( only due to the fact one of the nuts rounded off so I just gave up before it became to late to fix it for tomorrow!

Really happy with how the car feels and drives, I don't think it's ever felt better than it does right now..... Really really exited about tomorrow!!

CLIO PH1 172
trackday was done today, once i can be bothered to upload the photos/video i will do a little write on here.

but yes it has been raised (allot) for track

CLIO PH1 172
small update : cars booked in on Wednesday to get he power steering pump sorted then i will be adding an oil cooler to the pas system.

should hopefully be ripping the carpet and foam out from the front soon as well ( as soon as i find some suitable metal sheeting to make a floor ) as i want a raised floor

CLIO PH1 172
got it from a company on ebay in the end

problem is i ordered the wrong pipe iv ordered PTFE pipe rather than rubber so im nit sure if this will be ok for power steering fluid? does anybody know?

cars going in to get the pump done today, very exited to get it back as iv not drove it since brands!!!

CLIO PH1 172
Please can anyone confirm PTFE tubing will be ok to use on my return pipe of my pas pipe ?

Got the car back to from getting the PAS pump done car feels amazing parking is now officially a doddle !

Next on my todo list is completely strip the front carpet out and build some faulse floors, but really I want to fit the oil cooler first.

I will add pics soon of progress

CLIO PH1 172
Had an old head light sitting in my room for ages so decided to chop it up and make some use of it

e8e4e930.jpg

88b98614.jpg

331eef88.jpg

6c4b9141.jpg

Might be good for the next trackday

CLIO PH1 172
So after my trackday at brands and my 16" wheels rubbing every time at paddock it was time to get some 15s so I picked these TSWs up last night for a very good price, there pretty battered around the edges so I might tidy them up a bit and spray them

b75d45a1.jpg

Soon to be wrapped in these

d6fcff8b.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
not sure tbh but i was very suprised as there not that heavy i would say there about the same as 16" TD prorace 1.2s

CLIO PH1 172
yea head light mod was a bit of a bored moment mod lol

again not sure on a colour i may just do them black, but i do have a bright orange paint in doors ;)

Nice head light mate!! Very direct feed!! Those TSW's were a bargain... look a bit like a mini turini/superT lovechild!

BlackGold 182
Looking good! Looks like you got the bug now!

Random question how hard was it to fit camber shims? Might be doing this in near future an wondered if it was DIY

CLIO PH1 172
Got mine from eBay but you can also get th from tweeks and merkin motorsport ...

And as for camber shims I did mine my self there not too bad but and airgun was pretty essential

thanks for comments guys

CLIO PH1 172
No actually I manage to get that off with a braker bar, I needed to use the air gun to get the 4 nuts and bolts off the actual hub (torts bits needed) behind the disc. Was a bit of a nightmare job really thinking about it lol

BlackGold 182
haha ohh i see, i tried fitting axle spacer on my fiesta zs last year and failed lol just wondered if was any easier to do on a clio lol obviously not:(

CLIO PH1 172
By all means give it a try, mine were just a bit of a b*****d to get off. Just make sure you have a decent torx set as well I snapped a couple of bits doing it

BlackGold 182
haha well ill see how much a garage wants to fit them and if its not too bad then ill take it there.

when i went to do my fiesta ones the hardest thing was lining up the bolt through the spacer into the hub again but then that was drums at the back

CLIO PH1 172
No lining it back up was easy really, it was just the nuts were pretty rusted on. Let me know what the garage want and il tell you if I think it's worth it.