ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams ph1 172 ?

Evo 5 RS
like 40-50 quid, I might be wrong though I'd have to go through invoices, and as I say that was 2 years ago. Was definitely the same clutch

CLIO PH1 172
Just dropped the car off to get the cat welded and the poly bushes welded in properly, should be done by 4.00 :)

Problem is next door to the welders is a car spayers I'm tempted to go in an ask some questions when I pick the car up ;)

CLIO PH1 172
just picked the car up and the cat has all been welded up nicely along with the new wishbones. cant wait to get them fitted along with my new some other goodies iv brought ;)

also got a quote of £300 to get the interior sprayed in matt black the guy reckons i might be better of giving it a go my self............

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
just picked the car up and the cat has all been welded up nicely along with the new wishbones. cant wait to get them fitted along with my new some other goodies iv brought ;)

also got a quote of £300 to get the interior sprayed in matt black the guy reckons i might be better of giving it a go my self............

where did you bring them from? LOL

Looks great this. Been following this thread and I really like the idea of track prepped/stanced.

CLIO PH1 172
where did you bring them from? LOL

Looks great this. Been following this thread and I really like the idea of track prepped/stanced.

bring them from? huh

and yes the track prepped/stance is more to do with me not being able to make my mind up lol

Evo 5 RS
Scone, you're talking out of your pooper. <3

Gen 172 clutches are not that cheap. The one Adam's found is cheap as it is.

I've got a receipt here for the same clutch, I was a bit off but not much 65 quid. TWO YEARS ago though mate

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Im glad i just took an hour to read all this :), i enjoyed the Brands vid as it let me have an insight to what they are like on track but i demand you give a more detailed description of how and what you used to do do the spot light air ducts lol

CLIO PH1 172
removed a bit more of the interior today, all air bag cables and ecu is out and im re-locating the hazard switch, cigar lighter, and central locking switches to were the clock was located. also started removing the tar from the front.....:dead:

but i have just brought a grinder :D

Last edited:
  CLIO PH1 172
not pretty but the front of my interior now looks like this!

be8607b6.jpg

867db47d.jpg

most of the tar is out of the car now apart from the roof and the patches under the seats.

i also decided to remove the centre console that houses the gear stick, hazard switch, cigar lighter and central locking button so i have now moved these to were my clock used to go. (clock never worked anyway)

533ca5c7.jpg

667ba3a4.jpg

so i am currently in the process of making a nice housing for the switches (hopefully)

0d67306a.jpg

(never done any fibre galssing/moulding so its a bit of a learning curve also :D)

YES it all looks a mess but im not bothered atm as it will be getting painted pretty soon....I hope

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Vice is the best to press out the old dogbone bush, rather then the more popular pikey method of burning them out.

CLIO PH1 172
Iv Only got a crappy little vice maybe i could do it with a big g-clamp

As for getting it off the car can I litterly just unbolt it or do I need to support the engine or anything ? Never really taken much notice of what the dog bone mount actually does :S

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Iv Only got a crappy little vice maybe i could do it with a big g-clamp

As for getting it off the car can I litterly just unbolt it or do I need to support the engine or anything ? Never really taken much notice of what the dog bone mount actually does :S

Literally just unbolt it mate!

No need to support anything :)

CLIO PH1 172
Managed to get it out, not to bad in the end bit of heat and a hammer. Done

f217f88b.jpg

Seems to be alot less 'julty' when changing gear

I also finished the switch panel all it needs now is some paint !

d47327a5.jpg

3582f2a1.jpg

All wired up
97b4a456.jpg

And fitted

8ede8f4c.jpg

326d765c.jpg

Come out allot better than I imagined tbh considering its the first time iv done anything like this !

CLIO PH1 172
Just purchased some rear 1/4 carbon panels from HrRACING so they should be here some time next week I'm guessing. I'm starting to build up another collection of parts that need fitting so more better updates soon.

Oh and ......

2f48c1b9.jpg