ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams ph1 172 ?

CLIO PH1 172
hey guys thought i would start a project thread, just basicly want to show what im doin and hopfully get tips hint and help :D

the projects going to be slow (as im at uni 5days a week n work sat n sunday) and moneys tight, im still not really sure were im heading with the car- what i want out of it in the end...

anyway heres a couple of pics of how the car is now i picked it up about 3 weeks ago now its done 88k, got 17"oz wheels lowerd 40mm and a rbracing cone filter fitted

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg

as i say still not sure were to take this project (thinking more track/fast road atm)???

CLIO PH1 172
first update .................kind of :rasp:

got a front strut brace and sprayed it yellow not fitted yet but heres how it will look.

2009-11-02101416.jpg

aslo started sanding inlet mani down as aventialy i want it looking nice and shiney

still trying to source a rear strut brace ( @ a budget price ) :rasp:

and like i say im still not 100% sure were i want to take it im toying with the idea of stripping the rear out and spraying it to look nice and clean, but worried im gunna miss the rear seats to much:S so iv started this..........

2009-11-06221341.jpg

crosses means i havnt used the rear seats circles means i have if by the 1/1/2010 iv used the seats less than 10times then ther going !!!:evil:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just get rid of the rear seats, always annoys me when it takes ages getting people in and out of the back.

Car looks mint, love ph1's :D

Titanium 182
I reckon you should keep the seats in, I took seats out my old dynamique and got bored quickly.

They weight f**k all anyway.

CLIO PH1 172
if i do strip it il strip it all, not just the seats i would probly just leave front door cards, dash and carpet in ?? thanks for coments tho guys :D

CLIO PH1 172
so guys not much of an update but just to show you what i have planned

as the weather is s**te recently and i dont have a garage to work in im just buying and finding bits as i go that i will hopfully get round to fit in the summer

so far i have

ducting.jpg

for the brakes i will be taking the fog lights out

rearstrutbrace.jpg

rear strut brace

IMG_5433.jpg

came across this im sure i can find a use for it under the bonnet somewere

2010-01-06153648.jpg

ow and i fitted tow eye :D

2009-11-02101416.jpg

front strut brace not fitted yet tho

and........ the calender this is how i ended up yes just three times were my rear seats used in 2 mounths so theres no point in having them imo!;)

IMG_5432.jpg

sooooooooo im hopfully getting these babys!!

DSC_0415800x600.jpg

DSC_0420800x600.jpg

as allways comments welcome

i really really really really really really really really really really canot wait for the summer now!!

CLIO PH1 172
im also on the lookout for standrd airbox piperx filter, black harness, boss kit and an omp wheel

320d
Looks well mate. Bet it sounds awesome with that filter. I'd have one but the standard setup is so much better for the car.

I can't wait for the summer either. I haven't been over 5K in my car for about 4 weeks, not been able to give it stick since i got my sportlines either :dapprove:

Whats it lowered on? 40mm sounds like Apex springs.

CLIO PH1 172
yea i believe its on apex was like it when i got it, the bloke said they were apex tho (hopfully fit coilovers in the future when i have more money)

yea it sounds nice ( you cant beat the noise on open filter gives imo) but i want to give the standerd box a try to see if it will run/perform beter.

Iceberg Ph1
Loving the car Adam, looks like you got some good ideas upcoming also!
The standard air box should give a better result, not to sure what kind of heat soak you may be getting atm with the open cone.. keep your eyes peeled for a V6 air box also, gives a slight improvement over the standard iirc..

Keep up the good work mate!

320d
I think the ideal setup is the airbox (V6 or PH1) directly onto the throttle body with proper cold air feeds.

Obviously you need to relocate the battery to do this.

I think the standard setup is pretty good though, if you don't want to relocate the battery there is a quide on here to uprate the airfeeds into the airbox. That should help.

Iceberg Ph1
I think the ideal setup is the airbox (V6 or PH1) directly onto the throttle body with proper cold air feeds.

Obviously you need to relocate the battery to do this.

I think the standard setup is pretty good though, if you don't want to relocate the battery there is a quide on here to uprate the airfeeds into the airbox. That should help.

I assume you mean with a shorter silicon bend if your referring to relocating the battery?

CLIO PH1 172
yes straight off the TB i asume so the airbox sits wer the battry is atm i dont really intend to relocate the battry, so i think i will just go back to standrd set up with uprated filter for now thanks for feedback i just hope i can get the stuff done lol

CLIO PH1 172
finaly sourced a boss kit and fitted my wheel today its one of the group buy wheel but with an omp horn :D

2010-02-08154111.jpg

sorry for the messy car and poor picture quality

more updates to come

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Didn't notice you'd done a project mate, good progress so far, hopefully we sort the running issues soon enough (f**king french)

Like the yellow and silver colour theme, was going to go with that myself, but it seems rude not to go with the green, seeing as the wheels are already done. :)

Oh and Mike, as you're in here, how hard is it to change a throttle cable?

CLIO PH1 172
yea when I got it the callipers and badges were yellow already so im just gunna carry it on

and mike I will defently pm you im still trying to find some buckets atm

CLIO PH1 172
yh 15s and 17s always cheaper for tyres 16s a bit of an odd size when coming to tyres i think

CLIO PH1 172
small update or should i say down date :( it failed the mot today on front shock and handbrake, so will be getting this fixed asap

also ordered sparco bucket seats today (should be here tomorrow) hopefully get these in at the beginning of April

CLIO PH1 172
cool cheers mate and no didnt get to a dealer in the end so no (was sorting last minute bits with the mot tbh)

btw what renault do you go to for parts?

and yea if i need a hand anytime il let u know - vise versa mate ;)

CLIO PH1 172
well heelooooo mr postman

IMG_6471.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

i beleave there currently on peugot frames so will be needing to get frames and belts then hopfully fitting them pritty soon!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very noice mate, where did you get them from??

Sell MikeB your seats, you'll make his day! I'd buy the rear doorcards if you were stripping it too. :)

I use orpington Renault normally mate, used to be one in sidcup, but it closed, I think the only ones closer to you than Orpington are over the river.

CLIO PH1 172
yh thats y i asked were u went Orp will probly be best bet then

yh i already said he would have fist dibs when i sell it

and im not to sure how much is going to be stripped yet tbh mate lol

oh and i got them off ebay ;)

CLIO PH1 172
sooooooooooo exited it was my 21st on Sunday and i got these little baby's im soooo happy with them :D :D :D :D :D :D

plateoncar.jpg

these are the legal plates sent from the dvla but im goin to get some made with all the lettering evenly spaced

heres another version i have made i may end up putting these on although I know there just going to get my pulled over ?

2010-03-20180612.jpg

what do people think?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The standard plate is quite nice as it is mate, but the bottom ones will get you pulled 24/7 tbh, I couldnt deal with the hassle every five minutes and worrying every time I drove the car.

Iceberg Ph1
Good progress on the car Adam mate, the seats look nice, fitted yet?

Nice plate also but sticking them on your car will be an instant £60 fine iirc, police are getting extremely strict on these, a mate of mine got pulled in his VRS because the lettering was 5mm smaller then whats legal! Ruler was out and everything!

CLIO PH1 172
cheers i kinda guessed i would be getted pulled all the time anyway lol

and no seats still not fitted yet awaiting some subframes but harnesses are on there way :D

love this! id have a ph1 over a ph2 anyday tbh. i really like the plates too! must have cost quite abit!

prefer the legal plates to the illegal ones anyway! look much better and can still tell what it says no problem. winwin tbh