ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams ph1 172 ?

CLIO PH1 172
Good read. Has this been on track yet??

:( unfortunately not every time I have the money to book a trackday I end up buying some other crap for it :( I'm slowly building up bits that I need to get it ready for a track day (proper wheels/tyres, sensible ride hight, also needs tracking doing ......) not a huge list tbh but still not ready atm.

Btw updates to come tonight ;)

CLIO PH1 172
fitted the ph2 bootlid tonight

needs some tidying up still (stickers in window ect...) but i am very pleased with it !! thanks Budgie!

before

24551f75.jpg

1bfee87b.jpg

during

9873c276.jpg

118dc1d4.jpg

after

a842e947.jpg

6a0cb4b8.jpg

and some pics i took on the way home

6f366585.jpg

b4eb10ac.jpg

6c14563f.jpg

e49c674d.jpg

33536d41.jpg

534555ba.jpg

dcab4475.jpg

oh and hey!!!!

fb0eb9e2.jpg

110ea56d.jpg

;)

CLIO PH1 172
brought some new headlight s the other day and got them fitted tonight looks soooo much better although the dodgy fitment of my front bumper/driver wing is really pissing me off and i need to adress this asap!!

(will add pics tomorow)

also i have booked it in for its first track day !! lost still needs to be done before its ready for track so this should be seeing some more updates over the next couple off weeks..

things to do

sort front bumper (as its a bit loose)
front pads
handbrake needs tightening
oil change
clean the air filter
change brake fluid
fit braided lines
get my r888 fitted to my pr1.2s
raise the ride hide a tad
get tracking done

all by the 13th sep....:S

CLIO PH1 172
Tbh mine is on it's way out but I don't really NEED it I was just going to get it if I see you at the meet, which I couldn't make in the end :(

Just don't chuck it lol

MK3 GTI golf 16v
looking real nice mate, cup spoiler looks alot better :) guess i should get some photos up of my ph1, got the cup spoiler on that, looks real smart

i love your alloys, me want :mad:

CLIO PH1 172
Yea iv wanted a cup spoiler for ages but they are rare in titanium and I don't want to really pay to get one painted as I am extremely tight lol

Evo 5 RS
agree ^

Saw this in fast car about an hour ago whilst waiting for my lunch lol. Recognised it straight away, well done mate

Rapid???

;)

CLIO PH1 172
Yea I'm not sure what makes them think this one is more rapid then any other 172 tbh, engine wise its standard apart from the relocated filter ?? Strange, sounds good though RAPID!!! Lol

CLIO PH1 172
Spent another hour or so on the car after work tonight

Roof lining complete and ready to go back in

da8a332d.jpg

Also painted the rest of the plastics that are in the car black

32e130a7.jpg

Also fitted some citreon washer jets not only do the actually fit, unlike the Renault ones but they work soooo much better

013a5a39.jpg

Ah and a picture of new headlights :)

96ec8c1f.jpg

8c28b54c.jpg

More to come !!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Love it!
Why didn't you source the black interior parts from a breaking 182 mate?
I swear they have a black headlining etc?

Lights look awesome! I want some new ones! :p

EDIT: I also have the same washer jets, they are soooo much better!

CLIO PH1 172
Tbh I'm still tempted to remove all the plastics so pointles paying for new ones but thanks

And yes new headlights have made a massive difference

CLIO PH1 172
Cheers and yes 12 days :eek: and still lots to do plus I'm working every day so only get a couple of hours each evening, which is crap

I'm seriously considering getting another car just to get to and from work in so I can actually work on the clio without worrying about being able to use it the next morning !

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That looks amazing mate, this whole thing looks amazing.

Where were the headlights from? Make SUCH a difference!!!

The boot makes me so jealous it hurts.

Oh, and price for the washer jets?

CLIO PH1 172
That looks amazing mate, this whole thing looks amazing.

Where were the headlights from? Make SUCH a difference!!!

The boot makes me so jealous it hurts.

Oh, and price for the washer jets?

Thanks mate

Headlights were from a member on here breaking a car they are practically new!!

I knew you would be 'jel' about the boot ;) looks pretty good ay'

And washer jets were about a tenner.

Also just purchased some ds2500 so these will be getting fitted during the week along with new brake fluid and hoses .....

CLIO PH1 172
Oh and rob btw bomber was selling his headlights and iirc they are practically new as well?

You comIng trax tomorrow ?

CLIO PH1 172
Shame mate was a good day.

Took the car up to trax today wa a great day and a good drive up!

Only took 2 pictures today and the first one makes me laugh verytime lol

f6de8bf5.jpg

3fb9e813.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looked lovely today, must admit I did lol when I saw your car parked next to that other one, I think you could have probably parked yours in the arch of the other one with no issues ;)

CLIO PH1 172
R888's got fitted/balanced and valved to the PR1.2s today and should be getting fitted to the car tomorrow.

893b980d.jpg

sort front bumper (as its a bit loose) - DONE
front pads
handbrake needs tightening
oil change
clean the air filter - DONE
change brake fluid
fit braided lines
get my r888 fitted to my pr1.2s - DONE
raise the ride hide a tad
get tracking done

Still a fair amount to do as soon as pads are here i can get them fitted with fluid change ect......

CLIO PH1 172
Didn't end up fitting these today so just gave them a scrub up as they were caked in brake dust !!

07eb5e45.jpg

What pressures do people run these at on track ? And what kinda pressures are recommended ? Any help appreciated

Ohh and a couple more pics of it at trax

01100482.jpg

caf9a8bc.jpg

20400b26.jpg

deda3453.jpg

b5a24262.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
spent another couple of hours last night getting the car ready..

fitted the TD pro race 1.2s with r888 last night and had to raise the ride hight accordingly Front- 60mm Rear- 30mm

also got the DS2500 fitted

tracking will be getting done this afternoon over at elite in essex

then all thats left is:

flush brake fluid
braided lines
oil change
(may also change gearbox oil)

CLIO PH1 172
just got back from having the tracking done.

heres how is sat before..

front
1ed24806.jpg

rear
eaa9116c.jpg

and after finally managing to get it up on the ramp (lots of bits of wood a plastic blocks were involved) i ended up with this.

front
d2a0ace2.jpg

rear
f6813bec.jpg

as you can see the main problem was the front toe and the thrust angle (car crabbing)

was pretty pleased with how is was tbh considering i havnt had it done since fitting coilovers, front camber bolts and rear shims...

4deg of rear camber is allot but i just love the look of it do people think this may cause problems on track though??

CLIO PH1 172
also im now considering a decat, something iv wanted for a while and after looking at this last night its gave me a good enough reason to get one!

a82a4902.jpg

a3784622.jpg

Last edited: