ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup unveiled

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it said the esp is able ot be completey shut off. i tohught the standard 197 could also do this?

i also think white will be a cost option.

Incoherent with excitement? How very sad.

lol you make me chuckle, i have no idea why you are always so angry and confrontational? however, you do amuse me.

I am surprised you took so long to reply. Normally your troll posts pop up so quickly and so frequently. I guess you where wanking yourself off till you passed out over the 182?

I thought this time i would actually reply as i am sure that is what in your heart of hearts you desired.

Thanks for reminding me of my bad typing. i'll try harder next time especially for you.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
b1.jpg

don't know if this is real or a photoshop. appears to be a r27.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
People can like whatever they like in terms of colours and styles. And I can understand people buying cars in colours I wouldn't want one in.

But white!

White isn't a colour. Its an absence of colour. It what they choose when they want to avoid offending anyone, not to make them enthusiastic. Its the colour of blandness. Its what you paint household appliances not cars. It the colour shirts they tell banks clearks to wear. Wanting a white car is like getting enthusiastic over the music they play in lifts.

You choose colours because you want to say something. Choosing white seems like saying you don't want to say anything that might upset or offend anyone. Somehow that just doesn't seem to go with buying a car like a Clio Sport.

Last edited:
  Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
People can like whatever they like in terms of colours and styles. And I can understand people buying cars in colours I wouldn't want one in.

But white!

White isn't a colour. Its an absence of colour. It what they choose when they want to avoid offending anyone, not to make them enthusiastic. Its the colour of blandness. Its what you paint household appliances not cars. It the colour shirts they tell banks clearks to wear. Wanting a white car is like getting enthusiastic over the music they play in lifts.

You choose colours because you want to say something. Choosing white seems like saying you don't want to say anything that might upset or offend anyone. Somehow that just doesn't seem to go with buying a car like a Clio Sport.

i would buy a white cup just because i like how it looks, it still drives the same after all. its only a colour dude - or lack of lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

But white!

listen here bloody bob dylan, white is a colour and it looks good so shut up, how many white cars do u see on the road? so if u got one surely u are saying something, most of my work shirts are white as they look the best and i really thing you dont know anything,

p.s what happened to that off white colour some1 posted a few months ago with all the racing 197's i think it was cream or off white

But white!

Your opinion is cleary wrong though. Manufacturers are painting cars white because it's selling. People want white cars. I'm fairly certain Renault know they will sell a lot of white Meganes and 197s. Therefore, while you're entitled to dislike white cars, technically you're still wrong ;)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
can I just point out that these are not final pictures - clearly they're computer 'tweeked'.

I think it's a step in the right direction, Well done Renaultsport. How many other manufactueres are listening to their customers and making lighter cars not just ones with more power and torque steer?

No t/c in a car with that power and weight would be stupid - insurance would be restrictive to the intended audience - fancy shelling out for a group 18/19 car?

If I was ever going to buy another renault, it would be something like this... not that i'd buy it but it's closer to what i'd be looking for than any other of their models. Well done renaultsport - now just get the dealership network sorted!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
The 197's have seriously been growing on me lately, but seeing it in white does absolutely nothing for me at all. Infact, in my opinion it looks s**t!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If the post is read properly, white is an option, its standard colour is Racingblue ;)

I love the white, thats what the trophy should have been, with the anthricite turinis :)

Mini Cooper S sport
The photo of the 197 parked on the grass. It's got bleedin' garlic hanging from the rear view mirror. ha ha

Where have you seen garlic shaped like a teddy bear? :S

I'm not usually a fan of white cars - your average family bus looks dull as feck in white. But a hot hatch/sports car looks the dogs in white with dark wheels.

It's a refreshing change from all the silver and black cars.

Mk4 .:R32

But white!

How is white not a colour you idiot? :rolleyes:

VaVa
Well technically it's not.... but I'm not sure it strictly applies to cars.

As far as I'm concerned, white is synonomous with motorsport, albeit Jap shite. lol.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
hmmmmmmm...............tempting!

this could very well be my next car, as long as vauxhall don't bring out a 'stripped' version of their VXR

Mini Cooper S sport
Well if that's a teddy bear, then it's shaped like a bag of garlic cloves, so if a teddy bear can look like garlic, then garlic can look like a teddy bear. Right? Any garlic experts in?

Exactly Roy - I dread to think what type of teddy bears RacingBlue has sitting on her bed?

Well it looks like a teddy bear to me, from the back in a sitting position - you can see its ear, right arm and leg!

Who the hell would hang garlic cloves from a rear-view mirror!?

Haters :dapprove:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well done Reno for doing it. Realistically its about as stripped as a major manufactor can go and gives a really good base for working on.

If you dont like the unpainted plastice get them colour coded!

...i`ll still keep me cup thanx, piss al ova that!!

In which regard do you think that? I've never driven a 172Cup, but I'm gonna risk getting proven worng when I say I'm fairly sure you haven't driven the 197Cup? How about the R27? I'd love a spin in an R27 TBH :cool:

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
^^ not driven 1 either but beat a 197 when mine was pretty stardard plus ad me bro in my car n he was on his own!! n mine about 230bhp now being on throttle boddies + cam`s ect so fair to say i`ll `piss al ova it` lol

cup 182 mit stripes
197's suck, whatever the format. Seb can't face up to that fact, probably cos he's a homo. Just look at his avatar for confirmation.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
^^ there not that bad, but just saying that i wudn`t sell me cup to get 1. best in ly imo

^^ not driven 1 either but beat a 197 when mine was pretty stardard plus ad me bro in my car n he was on his own!! n mine about 230bhp now being on throttle boddies + cam`s ect so fair to say i`ll `piss al ova it` lol

Ah fair play. With 230bhp in a 1020kg car, you should see off most things. Hardly a bad reflection on the 197Cup. You should take a drive in a 197, they handle fantastically. The steering was a little light on the early model I drove, but I think they addressed this with the R27 and (now) Cup. Obviously it's going to be a LOT slower than your car though.

Strewth though. Your steed must fookin' shift if it has anything close to the power you claim :evil:

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
not finished yet dude, gettin it bak nxt weekend hopefully, can`t wait, wil let ya know jack cause know ur interested in doin it!?