ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup unveiled

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Well Sunwin in Notts have not even heard of it :mad:

Also when i told them i could get an R27 for 14K they said it would be an import :S

Lee

BMW M2C

Also when i told them i could get an R27 for 14K they said it would be an import :S

When I ordered the Trophy I had to show the sales guy the announcement on the Renaultsport website, as well as the note on the internal system! I had the note number and he still couldn't find it. He doesn't work there anymore.

They had better get themselves sorted as the order book opens very soon.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

When I ordered the Trophy I had to show the sales guy the announcement on the Renaultsport website, as well as the note on the internal system! I had the note number and he still couldn't find it. He doesn't work there anymore.

They had better get themselves sorted as the order book opens very soon.

Price????

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Since being renault less for a year and coming back doenst sound like good old sunwin have changed!! rang the other day for a touch up pen!! rang and rang!!! went somwere else in the end!!! pants company!!!

Clio 182
Thats awesome, like a 197 version of mine! Thats one of the first new cars that has tempted me, it rocks!

Shame they havnt got rid of more weight and given it a tiny bit more power...

I got bored on page 9!
The wheels look terrible. Lack of colour coding would annoy me.
Air con is for pretty boys.
Its a step forward but its not properly cupped, more semi-skimmed.
If they could introduce a fully skimmed version with no air bags, abs, radio and all that tat as per Yozza's spec I could be tempted.

Trophy 265/500
I'll give it a test drive, but I suspect they've not done all they can with weight. Why take out AC, but have an option? Why not go for a manual AC as a compromise. Halogen headlights? Heavy ballast and transformers R us.

After the R27, thought it'd be a little more hardcore...

SLK 350
197 Cup seems like a complete waste of time, it's still a bloated car which is 150/200kg over and above it's fighting weight.

Crap product.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Racing Blue, white wheels, air con and Recaros for me, as long as the colour coding is there :p

Would the 197 really benifit massivley from a front lsd seeing as it's smal/lightish?

Lee

BMW M2C
Well, while the 172 Cup was a seriously different animal to the 172. The 182 Cup was a cheap 182 with nothing really that special going on, it came with Cup packs as standard and in limited colours with a lower level of trim. The 197 Cup is very similar, a cheaper entry level 197 with Cup packs, limited colours and a lower trim level.

The concept is the same.

cup 182 mit stripes
As a platform for further tuning I'd say the 182 cup is ideal. No pretentious ''leather seats'' power sapping air con, fancy heavy lighting. 182 cup has got the superior exhaust manifold and crankshaft mod that contributed to the extra 10 bhp. Not to mention better braking system than 172.

A wee prediction for you: 197s will never be modded to the extent the MK2s have been, are being, and will be.

You can also get it in the best colour.

Lol it has power sapping aircon. just instead of a sensor and a lcd panel it has a manual dial.

The refrigeration circuit is still the same, same weight of charge of refrigerant etc.

Nit picking over the odd kilos here.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lol, 172 cup is a much better platform. The 182 cup was only 20kg lighter than a cup packed 182. 172 cup was near 90kg. Weight is a cars biggest ememy when it comes to performance. And why is the braking system any better? And whats this 182 crankshft mod?

Tangoed Works
182 cup was a load of marketing bollox in my eyes. make the 197 cup like the beast the 172 cup was in comparision to the lardy FF 172's. thinner glass, less sound deadning, etc. thats what people are looking for! keep the normal 197 box on it and make the FF 197 with the longer gearing.

cup 182 mit stripes
Yes , as usual , you are wrong. The dyno said it was making 182bhp and 158lbs/ft. Is that not more than stock?