ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup unveiled

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm ordering a white one. now. thta is immense. fecking love it.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Whats with the random pictures at the bottom, I thought it was some spot the difference competition.

Not to keen on the black mirror covers, seems to be a huge compramise over the std 197/F1.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'll start saving my pennies for nov 2008 :D lol too long away though :( ( will have ot have air con though...)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would have to see it in the flesh...to see the difference between the 197FF and the Cup.

At least they're offering Recaros as an option...only wish they'd done that with the Cup!!

TeZ

Non RS : (
how is that going to be any better than the R27??? what they take out a few Lbs here and there thats all.

Golf R
can't really say that the white it them pictures really makes me want to go and buy one... bit disappointed with how it looks tbh :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks like it's going proper lightweight though, the second to last pic even has fog-lights deleted. Be nice to have a proper lightweight hatch.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the pics on renaultsport.co.uk always look pretty s**t as they look to me computer generated. wait until we see the real pics posted. will look even better imo.

TeZ

Non RS : (
prob be more.

Y not just make a R27 in white? or a 197 in white. no fekcing difference.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Are those supposed to be 17s on it? They look even more weedy and puny than the ones on the stock 197!

Looks much better in the white & black wheel combo, but it still appears nowhere on my Next Wanted List.

D.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
just guessing... prob won't be that cheap... but if they are selling new r27's for 13995 i imagine the cup list will be similair? maybe 14995 then? a grand cheaper than the standard 197.

how much was the 172 cup compared to the ff 172 list price?

Mountune Tractor
hate it! I don't see why anybody would get excited about that???
Looks like a bloody corsa and the wheels are total gash.

172 Cup
just guessing... prob won't be that cheap... but if they are selling new r27's for 13995 i imagine the cup list will be similair? maybe 14995 then? a grand cheaper than the standard 197.

how much was the 172 cup compared to the ff 172 list price?

£12,995 in March 2003.

I Can't believe for one moment anyone genuinely thought it would be turbo'd

I mean seriously..........LOL deluded.

i never thought that it would Ralph, my statement means NONE of them are so im not interested in them.

Someone on here posted that it would have a turbo and that was laughable.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL, i reckon that should bring the weight down to mk2 172 levels, maybe a bit more.

I reckon it will look the b****cks. As Seb says, those pics look pretty much like photoshops of an idea. The actual car, in white, with matt black rims, should look sweet. Not so sure on the philosophy of it though. No AC as standard is just mean, and by the time you add it as an extra, probably 50% of the weight saved has come back? Still, kudos for listening to peoples dislikes of the 182Cup, and addressing them. We could be talking c.80kg savings, which would be good for perormance and agility. If it's cheap, then it's agreat model to have in the range, surely?

clio 200 F4Rt
just got the email about it.

gets my vote!!

if i had the cash i would put an order in now!

The white looks fecking AMAZING with black wheels!

182BG
the last two pics look shite, but as mentioned probably will look better in the flesh.
Its a shame the 197 still hasn't grown on me :(