ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup unveiled

Nice.

Its cool you can get it in white. No air con too! :approve: = Proper Cup

ETA: Not too sure about the pictures (the white background probably does'nt help). Expect it will look wicked in the metal.

Lee

BMW M2C
I couldn't live without aircon. Once you've had it you'll never want to be without. Why be slightly uncomfortable for the sake of 0.01 of a second to 60!!

Lee

BMW M2C
I know I am. The ride in the Trophy is giving me a bad back. Well that's what I'm blaming anyway.

If I get a Cup I'll go white, black wheels, aircon and recaros. It had better be cheap though.

172 cup
Not impressed at all, was expecting a lot more to be honest.

Like the white thats it really, wheres the cup spoiler?

Not impressed at all, was expecting a lot more to be honest.

Like the white thats it really, wheres the cup spoiler?

What exactly were you expecting? The Cup is about back-to-basics, and as far as I can tell at this stage that's pretty much what they are doing. We're never going to get a 172 Cup again, things have changed a lot in the short time since that showed up, the 182 Cup should have given you enough clues as to what would happen this time around, but at least they've stripped it back even further and left most things as an option.

The spoiler isn't required and would add weight, so why bother?

Clio v6
I think the white is nice but you're all missing the most important question.

What polish do we use on a white car? ;)

The bit that intrigues me the most is the mention of different dash plastics and door cards. Surely engineering a different dash would COST money? I can't recall just now what the interior looks like, perhaps they mean just parts of the dash. I think the passage said that this was to save money, rather than weight. Seems a bit worrying. Still no one is being forced to buy the Cup, so it's all good right? :)

An orange one
disappointed...very chav looking wheels...and the black rubstrips and mirrors are awful...

R27 in white...yes please :)

'18 Megane dci
The bit that intrigues me the most is the mention of different dash plastics and door cards. Surely engineering a different dash would COST money?

They will probably use them in the next Clio van too.

I like the look of this, may be enough to tempt me back :D

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Naa agreed ^^.

They didn't even colour code the door strips, which I don't like imo, and the alloys leave a bit to be desired.

I think there's very few cars that look tasty in white, Audi A3, Spoon Civ + ITR's and Scoobs are about the only one's that can pull it off.

I really like the 197, but unless that is considerably faster, I'll still be fancying a 'mk1 cup'...

lift number 1 @ btm
i can't believe a company as track friendly as renault hasn't started offering options like proper suspension, diffs and harnesses.
surely they would make a killing if they did?

Mini Cooper S sport
Looks the nuts in white!

I'd have white, recaros, black wheels - and aircon (sorry Ralph)

I can't wait a whole year to replace the 182 though!

Just noticed Lee wants the same spec as me, I always knew he had taste.

Leon Cupra 300
I like it apart from the wheels, the colour is right but the style is gash imo... Bring back Turinis!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
.................starts saving from tonight. White, Recaros, NO A/C.....;) then wait FOR some H&R's for some slammage

job done :approve:

Last edited:
  A4 Avant
I agree! White, recaros, black wheels! MMMM!

I'm seriously tempted!

I'm yet to drive a 197 in case I like it! i bought the trophy on impulse so I need to resist!

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Come on Renault do it properly
more power
race suspension like the Trophy
Kevlar seats
no rears
harnesses
no interior trim
oz wheels
£13,000..............0% finance...good trade in value on previous 182...
Are you listening ??? cheers then!!

Unfortunately for me, there's just no way I could live with a 197 just now. I know the 182 is hardly the last word in grand touring, but I need an all rounder that's sweet on the motorway, as well as rapid and great fun on a windy road.

However, there's no denying that it can't do anyone any harm to have the option of a Cup.

Tangoed Works
Looks stunning imo, and Renault have listened to its customers. 197 = Much better build quality, white paint etc.

Not sure whether those items theyve taken away will actually reduce any weight significantly.