ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup unveiled

Fair play to Renault for making this. Looks like they have listened to people, wanting it in white / stripped etc.... Will be interesting to see how much weight it saves compared to a normal 197.

I must admit it's not one for me, I'm getting older and like all the comfy / fancy features.

I couldn't live without aircon. Once you've had it you'll never want to be without. Why be slightly uncomfortable for the sake of 0.01 of a second to 60!!

Lol I agree and I therefore slap myself. I've grown used to it now, last 3 cars having it and well I certainly wouldn't want to go without now.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Unfortunately for me, there's just no way I could live with a 197 just now. I know the 182 is hardly the last word in grand touring, but I need an all rounder that's sweet on the motorway, as well as rapid and great fun on a windy road.

However, there's no denying that it can't do anyone any harm to have the option of a Cup.

I must have missed something here....Roy weren't you gettin the new CTR??
Is that all been cancelled?

Aircon has more uses that cooling you though.

Very handy at clearing the screen and also when its raining and cold, stopping the car from fogging up.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I like that a lot, but as said, compared to the R27... it would have the be the R27.

The white does look awesome.

Unfortunately for me, there's just no way I could live with a 197 just now. I know the 182 is hardly the last word in grand touring, but I need an all rounder that's sweet on the motorway, as well as rapid and great fun on a windy road.

However, there's no denying that it can't do anyone any harm to have the option of a Cup.

I must have missed something here....Roy weren't you gettin the new CTR??
Is that all been cancelled?

I cancelled the CTR ages ago dude. My circumstances have changed somewhat. I may still get one but it won't be for another year at least. I'm living the good life in Europe just now, and don't really need a new car anymore :)

I'm also earning a fair bit more than I projected for this year. A 350z might be on the shopping list soon enough :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ahh fair enough. Didn't know you had cancelled it, hence my confusion!

350Z is an educated choice. Why it is compared to the RX8 i'll never know.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I like the wheels but how boring does it look? Apart from the wheels and the cooling vents, it looks like a regular clio :(

I'm suprized no one has addressed the issue of what the 'standard' Racing blue is going to look like.

Racing blue, matt black wheels, black wing mirrors and bump strips! Thats going to be a dogs dinner!

I'm suprized no one has addressed the issue of what the 'standard' Racing blue is going to look like.

Racing blue, matt black wheels, black wing mirrors and bump strips! Thats going to be a dogs dinner!

Shite is the answer. They should make white wheels an option, too.

Thousands of 197 versions of Christopers going around! ;)

Looks good, if the price is right. But I am glad I ordered the R27 - I had a feeling the Cup was going to be announced imminently as I was told that production on the R27 has been shifted forward by a month to get the 500 done and dusted and out of the factory.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I think i'd have it in white and then get those speedlines powdercoated in white as well....then it would look something like a stickerless cup racer.

Racing blue with white wheels would look good but as you rightly say, thats Christophers trick.

looks shite. give me a R27 in white instead thanks. Front looks sooo bland, looks like a white 1.2 from the front.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Looks like it's going proper lightweight though, the second to last pic even has fog-lights deleted. Be nice to have a proper lightweight hatch.

I doubt that. Its still got the f**king hundreds of airbags in them.

I think it looks pretty bad to be honest. I mean black door mirrors, black side strips. It just looks like a standard base clio III to me. For some reason it looks higher than an R27 as well.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Oh and removing the key card and electric door mirrors :rofl: I'm sorry but when the time comes for me to remove the tiny electric motors that power the mirrors, I'll chop my fingers off.

Its a very useful feature thats just going to piss a lot of people off by not having it.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Remember the 172 Cup though......less in it so it sits higher on its springs!

Looks like its the same case with this!

TBH polarbert I agree to an extent. All this seems like desperate weight saving because they know the enhine doesn't offer enough torque for the weight. Saying that, I can't complain as at least they are willing to try. However, a suggested low rent interior and no AC, in a car that apparently moveed the game on for comfort etc. seems a little pointless. It isn't a light car compared to older hatches, so this attempt at reducing mass almost seems a joke. I don't see them cutting weight from the R26 Megane. If anything they are increasing it with the new Lux stuff. Saying that, I can't honestly complain because they do appear to be trying. In reality though, perhaps they're just trying to fookin' sell some!

I think your thinking too much about this car.

I like Renaults approach, at least they are TRYING to make a heavy car lighter, certainly goes against leftfield for alot hot hatches that have been released.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the fact is it will be fecking sexy time in your pants when it comes out with proper pictures.

I can't wait tbh. looks immense.