ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Thanks @Djw John :up: to be honest, there's not much more I want to do now, the biggest thing is to get the new steering wheel sorted. Again, my snappy one is minter than a mint thing but just fancied a smaller one to see how I get on with. Apparently its a top thing to do!

Sooo, this is a handy point to say today's update......... after hearing nothing from Demon Tweeks for a couple of weeks with regards to my order, I emailed AGAIN a couple of days ago to ask what was going on! The Sparco wheel is in stock, the Momo boss is an order in only item. Finally got a phone call today to update me. The result? No date available for when the Momo boss will be in stock. This was my brief reaction --> :confused:..... until the bloke said if I was happy to have the OMP boss instead, that IS in stock, they could send that instead! Actually slightly more expensive, but they'd wave the extra cost due to the delay. Only about 4/5 quid but I appreciated the gesture. So with that agreed, it should all be here tomorrow!!

Cheers guys yes i'll have to look into this, was literally ready to fire them an email tonight saying i'm sending it back before even looking at it or taking it out of the box but better wait and see what I can find. Just a shame there is no Sparco one on their website and the Momo one is the one I wanted and originally ordered all along!!

Ive always known the OMP one to be £5 cheaper than the Momo.

Those were just the current Demon Tweeks prices, may vary elsewhere. To be honest, they say the Momo one has money off at the mo so would normally be more expensive! Full price, the Momo would be £72.79 compared to the OMP for £69 but they are currently selling the Momo for £65. But they can't supply one :down:

I've realised I've said sparco, I meant sabelt! I had one for a brief time and it worked a treat

Ahh cool was going to say, they don't have a Sparco one on Demon Tweeks. They don't have a Sabelt one either however!

Will have to look on the Bay...........

In other news, I added another little mod to the Clio today, nothing exciting but an improvement all the same. I saw on here someone had a Honda S2000 aerial so thought i'm having some of that, soo much better quality than a cheap stubby one for a couple of quid off eBay and just looks a lot better as the standard one is almost long enough to be like an RC car lol! Radio reception is exactly the same as before also.

Honda%20S2000%20Aerial%20-%2010th%20December%202016%2001_zps3apwxm7m.jpg

Before......

Honda%20S2000%20Aerial%20-%2010th%20December%202016%2002_zpsbak6xyuq.jpg

After......

Honda%20S2000%20Aerial%20-%2010th%20December%202016%2003_zps9bfauwgc.jpg

So, another small update.......... I finally have these two little purchases sorted :grinning:

New%20Steering%20Wheel%20amp%20Boss%20Kit%20-%20December%202016%2001_zpshvet417n.jpg

Thanks to all the help and advise above, I quickly got the OMP boss returned to Demon Tweeks and the Momo boss ordered from another company. After a bit of searching I eventually got one via a company called Merlin Motorsport, based at Castle Combe circuit. I would never have known about the issue with the cruise control leads not fitting through the centre of the OMP boss so glad that was avoided and I got the boss kit I originally wanted in the first place which Demon Tweeks couldn't supply!!

So now all I need is the custom bracket needed to retain the steering wheel functions and this can all be fitted!

New%20Steering%20Wheel%20amp%20Boss%20Kit%20-%20December%202016%2002_zpsq0e5aokc.jpg

New%20Steering%20Wheel%20amp%20Boss%20Kit%20-%20December%202016%2003_zps17aryu6k.jpg

New%20Steering%20Wheel%20amp%20Boss%20Kit%20-%20December%202016%2004_zps1d45hkdz.jpg

Can't wait to receive the custom bracket to get this all sorted, just seems I've got to play the waiting game to get one made up that's all!! But that said, quality parts are always worth waiting for. I keep looking at @Dr Jekyll Mark's photos of his steering wheel set up installed and all sorted for inspiration!

Just "borrowing" this photo for illustration purposes :laughing:

30795045261_699f706d15_z.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely stuff!!

The momo stuff always seems to me to be better than omp stuff. Thats just personal preference. Merlin motorsport are a decent company, like @imprezaworks said.

Its a shame that the Sabelt in that pic is so manky. Hopefully not for much longer.

How long did Josh say it will be for the bracket to be made, Steve?

Glad you like the wheel. Its such a better sized wheel to drive with i think.

Lovely stuff!!

The momo stuff always seems to me to be better than omp stuff. Thats just personal preference. Merlin motorsport are a decent company, like @imprezaworks said.

Its a shame that the Sabelt in that pic is so manky. Hopefully not for much longer.

How long did Josh say it will be for the bracket to be made, Steve?

Glad you like the wheel. Its such a better sized wheel to drive with i think.

Agreed :up: Momo stuff is usually great quality so i'm glad it's worked out as I planned, just in a roundabout way........ in regards to the bracket, when I first messaged Josh a few weeks ago he said he'd be making some up 'in the next few weeks' but I messaged him again a week or so ago and he said soon! So to be honest, not sure how long the wait is going to be! But no i'm not going to fit the wheel until I have ALL the parts as it'll only have to come off again otherwise and I can't have something not working on a car. In this case, the cruise control....... not that I use it much 😂

The quality of the work looks great so it will be worth the wait and good to see i'm sticking to my plan of not spending much on the car before Christmas.......... 🙈

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thats good to know Steve, but id be wanting to put that wheel on asap! The cruise control can wait!

These cars never stay cheap. Thats not because they need money spent on them, its the fact that we get so many ideas from other cars and threads and we find that its a want, not need! 😂 We've all been there and continue to do so!

These cars never stay cheap. Thats not because they need money spent on them, its the fact that we get so many ideas from other cars and threads and we find that its a want, not need! 😂 We've all been there and continue to do so!

😂😂 so true! When you look at what I've spent on this car on maintenance and then modifications and changes, lets just say it's not exactly 50/50!! I've had so many ideas from cars on here and wouldn't change that for a second!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've been looking at other cars to get, circa 10k. But will keep mine for that bit longer as it ticks most boxes and I own the car.

Yeah that's the thing isn't it, you own it and besides, they are such good fun!! I see people in my area 10 years younger than me with brand new Corsa VXR's and stuff and just think yes it's a nice car, but they have all that debt and a car that can't be much better in regards to the grin factor than the Clio!