ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Gold 182: changed Exhaust tips to shorter stealth "diesel type"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 182
Beginning to end, stages 1 to 5.
I can change between the last 2 tips in minutes if needed.

Stage 6 coming in a few days ... ;)

exhaust_v1.jpg

exhaust_v2.jpg

exhaust_v3.jpg

exhaust_v4.jpg

exhaust_v5.jpg

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Looks much better now, best its been. Could do with being a little higher, I know they're new mounts but still. Try Jamesstone's DIY mount fix/improvement in the guides section, I did it and it helped a lot. I think I'm going to go with one of his new mount designs from JMS tuning though.

Clio 182
Looks much better now, best its been. Could do with being a little higher, I know they're new mounts but still. Try Jamesstone's DIY mount fix/improvement in the guides section, I did it and it helped a lot. I think I'm going to go with one of his new mount designs from JMS tuning though.

Will try the DIY mount fix/improvement. Please let me know about the new mounts if you have a link.

Thanks mate. Nice to see that some people give constructive input rather than behaving in a childish way.

Clio 182
This is how it looks from the back. How much up do you think I should lift it?

By the way I checked the mounts and they look ok and not really lowered but can try to place some inserts in between to see if it helps.

DSC01212.jpg

I'm sorry mate, i have to laugh at this thread and how many posts you've put up regarding exhaust trims :S

And i'm sure there are a few others that'll tahnk you for the amusement.

Your neighbours must think your off your head changing them every few days :rasp:

And as for the amount your exhausts need pulled up by, bring them up to a level your happy with.
Job done !!
It surely doesn't need a post to ask that.

And if you cant get it to sit right new rubbers/mounts may be needed ;)

Clio 182
Lol! Says the guy with a car that has sideburns.

That's a matter of taste and not cleverness. Join your friend in the corner and put the pointy hat on if you may :clown:

Each reply is worth a certain kind of reply, and that's what you get.
Next one in line please ;)

That's a matter of taste and not cleverness. Join your friend in the corner and put the pointy hat on if you may :clown:

Each reply is worth a certain kind of reply, and that's what you get.
Next one in line please ;)
You mean you like having a car with sideburns? Looks kewwwwwwwl__x. does it?

rps13
leave it out!

it's too much for me now too JME but its not worth attacking each other on the internet!

Clio 182
Done for the near future. Thanks to those that helped with their comments and to those that didn't (at least they kept us all entertained ;))

Final pics:

DSC01229.jpg

DSC01225.jpg

DSC01228.jpg

b/g 182, meg tourer
its looking much better now. gone a log way around it tho.
what are the rubber looking things on the bumper for?

Clio 182
Here we go again with the bumper protectors. Another 5 pages coming up :D
Will keep those on until my family get another car this Summer and they stop using the Clio. They are easily removable.

The exhaust tips are ok for the moment. Still have plans for an 172 bumper but will need to budget for close to £200 to buy/paint one so it has to be sometime later this year.

b/g 182, meg tourer
aaahhh, ok. i see. couldn't be bothered to read through 25 pages to find the answer. cant see the bumper protectors doing much tho.
the 172 bumper will look pretty smart if done properly. just a little pointless still imo.
your car for you to enjoy tho.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
let me guess, you'll get a 172 bumper, then keep it a few days, then cut two cutouts in it, wack on some tips, and then be back to square 1!

does look better though I must admit

Basically, all you've done here is waste money to achieve something you could have done for free, admit it:)

Clio 182
Basically, all you've done here is waste money to achieve something you could have done for free, admit it:)

Time spend on this: around 15-20 hours
Money spend: £26

Fun doing this and reading the replies in the thread: PRICELESS ;)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
All that time and effort and you've ended up with exactly the same result. I Thought you had the 'boy racer' look of the twin exits. The tips you have on now are bigger than the origionals. I'm very confused.

Engles Mummy
Totally dont agree with what you have just said! Whats makes yours so special. You have taste as our cars a similar. But its not the best 172/182 on cs by far!

b**ch please! It ran a 12.1 at santa pod...it was clearly the best clio ever! Mr. Ragnotti himself even signed it...so up yours :) x

Astra van,Mk1 nova
b**ch please! It ran a 12.1 at santa pod...it was clearly the best clio ever! Mr. Ragnotti himself even signed it...so up yours :) x

Can you see the brass band marching down your street with a gold medal for you yet? Erm no!.... Im surprised Mr Ragnotti never spewed on your wheels when he seen them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.