ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Gold 182: changed Exhaust tips to shorter stealth "diesel type"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 182
Below before and after pictures of the exhaust along with my latest Dyno run that gave me 156ATW (up from 145ATW on the initial run a week ago)

Exhaust tips purchased by Halfords and cut to 1/3 of the original size.
Then original tips removed and new ones screwed on.

Mods for 156ATW dyno:
1. Matched inlet manifold by Jamsport
2. K&N panel filter
3. Custom map by Jamsport

Before: ---------------------------- After:
DSC00936.jpg
DSC04051.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

dyno2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the previous ones were sticking too much out and looked like machine guns!!!

Also I wanted a stealth look for the car (that's why I also removed the SPORT badge).

Love it :approve:

You do realise that the rear 2 holes are a dead give away that your's is a sport?

378bhp Leon Cupra R
over fill your oil and get the real diesel look to go with those shocking tailpipes
:dead:

Looks s**t imo, Like two floppy c**ks.

Id prefer machine guns, Or take it to a garage where they could shorten and put some propper tips (whatever there called) on.

Or even better.. A yozza !

Golf GTD Mk7
not a fan of that to be honest. Looks poo. the standard exhaust look makes the car look ketter, why change it.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Thats the worst mod i ve seen for a while, why didnt you either buy a 172 instead of a 182, of get a proper aftermarket exhaust made up!.

Black R27, 205gti
I don't know why you would want to do that, but fair play if you like it. It's your car.

The standard pipes should not come out the back that far, and i would have investigated why they were that far out in the 1st place.

(Rear end shunt and replacement exhaust not fitted correctly?)

I'm all for a stealth mobile but that is badly done!! Keep the exhaust as it is and get yourself a MKII 172 rear bumper. That should finish it off nicely.

rps13
dolphin style exhausts look awesome if done properly,

172 bumper, single angled exit, do it.

ref-

60RS-muffler.gif

Clio 182
Thanks for the constructive arguments (and the not so constructive ones!).
As I said I went for this look and I like it and that's what matter at the end, I paid for the car, I should enjoy it!

I love the sleeper look and I did that for my precious car as well (an Accord Type-R).

My Clio in my opinion looks much better now than before. Maybe you are right and something was done wrong and the pipes were too much out but there was not much more I could do except replacing the whole exhaust and I wanted the car to be quiet for commuting so that was not an option.

Anyway if it will make some people feel better the new tips are easily removable (just a couple of screws) so I can always either remove them and have the pipes completely hidden or put any type tip I want (I could even have a few different ones and change every week if I feel like it).

Huge exhausts are good for some people and not for others, I am not a teenager any more, some people should grow up and accept it!

M

mini-valver

Thats all well and good but you wanted stealth, so you replaced them with 2 dad's exhausts that you can still see. I dunno about anyone else but I think you've missed the point. Just because you cant see the exit of the pipe, doesn't make it go away.....

S4 Avant
Am I right in thinking that you've replaced the standard exhaust tips, but left the cut outs so that you can see these "stealth tips"? Isn't this defeating the object just a tad?

WTF have you done mate ?

It looks s**t, and ruins the back end of the car :(

If you don't want people to know you have a RS Clio why did you buy one ?

Whats next removal of Xenons (if you have them), The Bigger than standard Sport Wings,Sideskirts,2.0 door badges and Bumpers ?
Oh s**t and the RS Interior :rasp::rasp:

If you were bored i'm sure there was other things you could have done ;)

But hey if your happy with them :)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry dont see the point. reason why they were out so far is a poor fitting exhaust and the hangers were broken. sorted that out and they would have been level with the bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.