ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Gold 182: changed Exhaust tips to shorter stealth "diesel type"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Tesla MP3 2021
The tips still sit lower than the actual bumper don't they, well that's what the 2nd pic suggests so you will be able to see the bottom of them!

Tesla MP3 2021
To be honest with you the exhaust just needed sorting out. I haven't seen what sit that low!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Can you not just buy a new, normal length centre section. Dont know how much that will be but im assuming not a lot.

Renaultsport 200
I really don't mean to be rude, and I understand it is your car and etc etc. However, this is quite possibly the sh1ttest mod on any car I have ever seen in my entire life.

I have seen some stinking things done to a car, but you must be off your fookin rocker if you think that changing the proper tailpipes for these droopy pair of c0cks looks good.

It doesnt even look stealth! It looks every bit a Renault Sport but with the funniest tailpipes ive seen!

I will be really ashamed if I have missed a joke here, but I fear I haven't.

I appologise for my tone, I really do but this is just the gashyest of gash.

clio 182
Mate No No No No No

I'm all for the its your car your money thing, but come on serious you really think them pee shooters look better than standard?? Get in the house and take a look in the mirror if you see a dick between your legs then do the manly thing and get them f**king tips off in the morning... FFS

Mini Cooper S sport
OK, I know everyone thinks it looks gash but I've got to say... it does.

If you can manage to sort it all out and fill in/replace the bumper so you can't see the exhausts at all, fair enough, but TBH it hardly seems worth the bother and you may struggle when it comes to resale.

200 Gordini
2.gif

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

BUT hes getting a 172 rear so it will look ok..

If it was me, I would of bought a 172 and saved 2 or 3 grand LMAO

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've tried very VERY hard not to post anything negative....

But the more I look at this thread, it makes me laugh. No matter how much you try and sugarcoat it, you need to admit that you've fucked up.

Its pants.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've tried very VERY hard not to post anything negative....

But the more I look at this thread, it makes me laugh. No matter how much you try and sugarcoat it, you need to admit that you've f**ked up.

Its pants.

Me too
"Needs a 172 rear bumper now" were my first thoughts

First it looked like a wheelbarrow now it looks like someone has bent the handles :eek:
Oooopsie!

Each to their own and all that - I'll give you the bravery of posting it mate as it's most certainly non-sheep

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
tbh i think its a bit harsh its a work in progress. the logic is good he wants a hidden exhaust, like a 172, but he has a 182 with a sh*t back box, so he replaces the tips so he can hide them bedind the bumper. next step is getting the bumper.
perhaps the op should have waited and done both at the same time, but do they actually make your exhaust quieter, as you said you didnt like the loudness of the current ones. as it stands when it is done to 80% of people it'll look like a 172, but it'll have a tiny wee bit more power( on paper any way). if you want a sleeper look get a dynamique bumper, and fire it on, then get 16v/dci bullets. then when neds pull up and try it on you can embarass them. because to the untrained eye and tbh most on here they wont be looking past the bumper to see if you have double exhausts under there, they'd right it off as a non rs.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I think it will be fine with a 172 bumper and will do what HE wants it do on HIS car.

Should have shown results with the bumper then you might not have got as much stick but I applaud your idea and going with this to be honest.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Reminds me of my mates old turbo-d. It needed a replacement before he bought it. The garage put a stealth into the cut out.

172 bumper. Sorted.

b/g 182, meg tourer
if the standard tail pipes were sticking out too much you should have shortened the system. just cut a sleeve into the pipe work after the cat. imo those tips look horrible. and im not being childish or anything that you have said about people on here, its just a horrible looking modification. would have been a lot more sensible to get a 172 if you wanted the stealth look. i have a milltek system on my 182, i think the bigger tips fill the cut outs in the bumper a lot better than the standard tips, not because im a spotty teenager that wanks over max power too much. dont think that everyone on here is like that. i have had a lot of help on here on how to fix my car etc, you have to take the good with the bad and im afraid the majority of the people on here dont like what you have done to your exhaust. and not everyone knows how to fix a clutch, so this is why only a few people tried to help.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I don't get all the abuse actually reading through again!?

People stick ph2 172 bumpers on their ph1's, people stick 182 bumpers on 172/cups - why the stress out?!!

Maybe he wanting the 182 suspension, the look of the alloys, the fact they're newer but didn't like the exhaust sticking out the back?

I'm not a fan of the 182 exhaust either - I think it looks w**k myself but I like the rest of a 182.

Its like putting 182 alloys on a 172 - and I think that looks bloody good!

Clio 182
if the standard tail pipes were sticking out too much you should have shortened the system. just cut a sleeve into the pipe work after the cat. imo those tips look horrible. and im not being childish or anything that you have said about people on here, its just a horrible looking modification. would have been a lot more sensible to get a 172 if you wanted the stealth look. i have a milltek system on my 182, i think the bigger tips fill the cut outs in the bumper a lot better than the standard tips, not because im a spotty teenager that w**ks over max power too much. dont think that everyone on here is like that. i have had a lot of help on here on how to fix my car etc, you have to take the good with the bad and im afraid the majority of the people on here dont like what you have done to your exhaust. and not everyone knows how to fix a clutch, so this is why only a few people tried to help.

Don't take me wrong, I am open to well put criticism and accept that most people do not like what I have done as much as they should accept that I do like where "this is going". Maybe I should not have posted until I was done but that's what I always done in other forums. You should have seen the remarks when I initially removed the spoiler and the "type-r" badges from my Accord Type-R. When I was done though the car sold for a very very good price, and was going to be featured in a well known magazine if I had not sold it.

The "childish" remark does not refer to people not liking and criticising for God's sake as that's what democracy is all about.

My "childish" remarks refer to members who replied with a single word or phrase such "s**t", "you are an as**hole", "wtf" etc. as if this was the only way to express their opinion. I am sorry but that's how children (and badly behaved and wrongly raised at that) express opinions, not mature adults :nono:

I rest my case :rolleyes:

BTW any tips where I could get a good regular Clio bumper, preferably in the same colour as mine?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Daz, i think the abuse is because it seemed like it was going to be left with the 182 bumper.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Daz, i think the abuse is because it seemed like it was going to be left with the 182 bumper.

Aye, it looked like that was going to be the case - I wanna see it with the bumper on.

Stealth 182 exhausts FTW! ;)

BTW any tips where I could get a good regular Clio bumper, preferably in the same colour as mine?

!

You won't get a 172 bumper in the same colour no matter where you buy it. Arctic blue is a 182 only colour, a 172 cup bumper would be the closest match in the short time but will still need spraying to match.

Personally if it was me I'd have had a 172 cup car system made up from the 182 manifold back getting rid of the heavy cans and the stupid Y piece in the process.

Clio 182
I found a couple of bumpers on Ebay but are quite expensive and will need repainting as well.

Any suggestions of modifying the current one maybe? What would that need and is it something I could do or should it be a body shop?

Can't wait to have my stealth 182!

BTW have a look at my stealth Accord Type-R. A couple of the pictures were included in this months Accord Type-R buying guide in Practical Performance Magazine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87805817@N00/sets/72157614506939014/

Clio 182
You won't get a 172 bumper in the same colour no matter where you buy it. Arctic blue is a 182 only colour, a 172 cup bumper would be the closest match in the short time but will still need spraying to match.

Personally if it was me I'd have had a 172 cup car system made up from the 182 manifold back getting rid of the heavy cans and the stupid Y piece in the process.

I will still have to close the holes though, right? How do I do that?

To be honest I'd imagine getting a bodyshop to plastic weld patches back in and attempt to clean it up so you can't see the joins would probably prove more costly than just buying a 172 rear getting it sprayed then selling your current bumper on ebay to reduce the cost of the swap.

Black Gold Trophy
I quite fancy a 172 recessed exhaust, is the passenger side exhaust hanger on a 182 in the same place as the 172 hanger? Cant be bothered with welding different new hangers on etc

Clio 182
HOLY s**t WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THAT CAR?!

My "childish" remarks refer to members who replied with a single word or phrase such "s**t", "you are an as**hole", "wtf" etc. as if this was the only way to express their opinion. I am sorry but that's how children (and badly behaved and wrongly raised at that) express opinions, not mature adults :nono:

Already replied to your post. See above ;)

Clio 182
I am getting a quote from a body shop to close the holes.
If too expensive I am getting a bumper from Ebay, painting it and selling the 182 one later (excellent condition).

Can I get any Clio MK2 bumper or does it have to be the one from the 172? (pipes will be completely hidden behind the bumper).

Status
Not open for further replies.