ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Gold 182: changed Exhaust tips to shorter stealth "diesel type"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 182
I will make sure not to advertise the car here if I ever decide to sell it then :)

It is funny how it works in this forum. A handful of replies when I asked for help with my clutch. 200 replies ranging from GASH to GOSH to S**T for the exhaust tips.

Exactly the opposite from some more mature forums I've been a member of (obviously this does not refer to all members but from what I've seen until now percentages tend to be high, a shame as the Clio is quite a good car).

All of the above is my opinion of course ;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
People can have opinions!!!

Not everyone will know the technical info on the cluch so wont bother replying, but everyone has eye and can see what you did and most dont like it so want to reply, Fair enough imo.

Id rather have a really useful threads on important stuff technical wise from some of the gurus on here, that one full with +1, IMO why not try this, ect replies.

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Really not feeling that at all tbh. If you plan to hide the exhaust, maybe you would have benefited from buying a 172?

Anyways, your car, glad you're happy :)

What you got planned next?

Nippy white cup
How about getting a 172 rear bumper so that they actually are stealth instead of the droopy c**k look? We all understand the reasoning behind you doing it but they are obviously designed to be behind the bumper rather than on show

Chris

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Looks s**t imo, Like two floppy c**ks.

Id prefer machine guns, Or take it to a garage where they could shorten and put some propper tips (whatever there called) on.

Or even better.. A yozza !

lol i agree, totally dont see the point really. Should have just bought a late 172 imo

fad

Clio 182 FF
Get a 172 rear (no recess) and shorten the exhausts more so its actually properly hidden then it will look miles better

Clio 182
Thanks for the last few helpful comments, that's much better than swearing!!!

I will take your advise and either recess the exhausts a bit more and either get an 172 bumper or modify the current one.

Cheers :)

Clio 182
WTF. Why did they stick out so far out in the first place:S

Don't know! The previous owner I think replaced the centre box as it was rusty so maybe he put a longer one :nono:

Well, I will fix it and pull in inside so that the new tips do not stand out. I still like this kind of tips though, I will leave them on but hide them out of sight!

I can understand the stealth logic, I really can but I bet you 95.43% of the people that see your car think "Poor lad. Cant afford to buy a decent exhaust that fits the gaps"

Tesla MP3 2021
I don't mean to be rude but you must be taking some serious stuff to do something like that :S

Horrid!

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
PLease say thats photoshopped!? I understand the stealth look, get a different bumper and a diff exhaust set up, not do that to a perfectlly good 182! :(

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
werd ya get ya exhaust rubebrs from n how much they cost ya?mine are like urs in the 1st pic think me exausts guna fall off hahe

Da

Less
Do you have any better pics of the car form the rear, rather than the side/rear angle?

It's hard to see exactly what's going on really.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i have bookmarked this post, so when im down i can laugh again!! Who needs Purple Haze,...

rps13
all joking aside, look into the 172 bumper option and maybe get the rear exhaust boxes from an audi, bigger tailpipes, and you're onto a good look

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Do you have any better pics of the car form the rear, rather than the side/rear angle?

It's hard to see exactly what's going on really.

I can take some pics of the rear tomorrow.
Most important for me is the pics from the side that show the difference in the exhaust length. Before hanging out a few cm. Afterwards completely hidden.

If I close the holes or change the bumper the new tips will be completely invisible.

I think that people here saw the other photos and thought that the new tips are hanging out whereasd this is not the case, they are completely in line with the bumper and I could even take them in a bit further and close the holes or even remove them completely as they are just secured by a screw.

It is funny to see the reactions of some people in this thread though. Makes me remember when I was a teenager and other replies remind me of bullies in school making fun of children :(

before:
DSC00936.jpg

After:

DSC04051.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 182
werd ya get ya exhaust rubebrs from n how much they cost ya?mine are like urs in the 1st pic think me exausts guna fall off hahe

Got them online. Do not remember the website now but I found the link in the forum. Were around £26 for 2 pcs including delivery of I remember correctly.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
It is funny to see the reactions of some people in this thread though. Makes me remember when I was a teenager :(

Flol, Its a terrible mod and everyone can see that.

On another note i just realise its a un-cupped 182 so its worthless anyhow :quiet:.............on here.;)

Da

Less
Ok, we get the idea...

12. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments repeatedly. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

Just a reminder.

Clio 182
These are some pics from the rear for some more laughs.

First how the car was, 2nd how it is now, and 3rd how the final result will be.

1.jpg

2.gif

3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.