ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup v Fiesta ST at Llandow

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I doubt that Cup is standard - Marks Fiesta is running the mountune 215bhp and the Cup looks to be a bit more spritely than a standard one...?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Managed to watch half of it before I had to turn it off. That noise!!

Good to see the clios still holding their own against the new cars though; )

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
What do you mean? I was just stating a fact.:S

They were pretty evenly matched. Half the lap the fiesta was better the other half the Clio was. Hardly a embarrassment.
Considering marc's cup I scammed and itb'd and about 215, the fiesta being mountuned @ 220, consider the slight weight difference you'd expect them to be pretty even

clio 182 trophy
There were a few instances in the video where the st was close to the clio yeah, but then the clio pulled a fair few car lengths ahead. Not taking anything away from the fiesta as it is a cracking car, but mark himself has said that he wasn't expecting that outcome.
I was very impressed with your st as you know, i am sure i would feel the same about the fiesta st.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mark didn't know the Clio had itb's lol that's why he was surprised.
Pretty evenly matched cars from what I seen on the day.

The he focus is better than the fiesta anyway ;) MarkCup

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Nice video Mark, interesting viewing the car from behind it was a fun filled few laps and cheers for the nice comments all!!!! The ST and cup were quite evenly matched although Mark was two up and I was all alone in the cup.

As for the cup Ive had it for 8 yrs now ( I feel old!! :dapprove: ). It's been running the jenvey/ktec itb set-up since 2010 but with the addition of some 421 cam's last winter and a remap that has made it really come to life.
I fitted the PMS brace/mount setup before Llandow and it's made a big difference on track love it!!!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice video Mark, interesting viewing the car from behind it was a fun filled few laps and cheers for the nice comments all!!!! The ST and cup were quite evenly matched although Mark was two up and I was all alone in the cup.

As for the cup Ive had it for 8 yrs now ( I feel old!! :dapprove: ). It's been running the jenvey/ktec itb set-up since 2010 but with the addition of some 421 cam's last winter and a remap that has made it really come to life.
I fitted the PMS brace/mount setup before Llandow and it's made a big difference on track love it!!!
I really wish we'd stayed out a little longer now but looking at how I was over-driving it on the last lap to try and keep up it's probably wise I came in when I did!

We were very evenly matched I also thought, I was a bit stronger on the brakes, your 200kg advantage really showed through the bus stop and corners that followed, and we were both pretty much even down the straights depending on which of us got the best exit.

As for the noise, it was either this or having to listen to me and Jay go on and on and on about how good the chassis was and how good the ESP is and how it all works so well together blah blah blah. You wouldn't want that.

I would hardly say the Clio 'embarrassed' the Fiesta.

In fact, I was surprised how evey matched a highly modified Clio was to the ST considering the weight differences etc.

Probably fair to say an ST vs a standard Clio would be a different story ;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nice video Mark, you both drove well. Would like to see a standard v standard comparison though.

RB Clio 182
I am not one to say i raced this i raced that on a forum, but i have had experiences with a few new st's and i have come out on top every time in my pretty standard 182, especially on the straights.

Some people just dont like to admit that the 10+ years old cheap tinny 1*2's are quick little f*****s, even on the straights.

172 Race Car
Cool vid, how long was the session, all day?
Full day trackday that me and @Tony Hunter organise.

Very short on numbers this time dispite it being advertised on here and several other forums for 5 months prior. Loads of people only knew about it after from seeing pics and vids on here :dapprove:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounded like a ventilator in icu on the blink! Horrible noise that ruined the video until I remembered the volume button.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Vid needs more dials/dump valve noises, driver hampered by woeful pink hoody :cry:

clio 172 phase 2
I am not one to say in raced this i raced that on a forum, but i have had experiences with a few new st's and i have come out on top every time in my pretty standard 182, especially on the straights.

Some people just dont like to admit that the 10+ years old cheap tinny 1*2's are quick little f*****s, even on the straights.
Have to agree. Evo mag for example tested the 2014 model Fiesta st.. O-60mph in 7.4sec & 0-100mph in 18.4sec. They also tested a clio 182.. 0-60mph in 6.6sec & 0-100mph in 17.3sec. Both standard!
The clio is a fair bit quicker in a straight line, when both stock..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Have to agree. Evo mag for example tested the 2014 model Fiesta st.. O-60mph in 7.4sec & 0-100mph in 18.4sec. They also tested a clio 182.. 0-60mph in 6.6sec & 0-100mph in 17.3sec. Both standard!
The clio is a fair bit quicker in a straight line, when both stock..
I highly doubt they are. ST has a fair whack more torque and bigger power band.
This vid just goes to show even a clio with probably 2k or more of mods doesn't embarrass it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.