ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup v Fiesta ST at Llandow

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Swift Sport
Haven't read any comments, but IMO it was a comparison of driver abilities rather than car performance. I noticed the Clio driver wasn't so committed in places, including the fast chicane.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
im not a fiesta fan boy. i prefer the focus so get it right ;)

ohh my bad im on the wrong forum...

holy f**k i just realised ive never owned a clio. wtf am i doing on here!?!?!

so glad you were there for me @0-100mphin15sec to show me how much ive fucked up!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
ffcd242384922003dc705c169808b883.jpg

This escalated quickly
Jeez.

Standard fiestas against 182's I felt the ST had more poke than my clio
And I've driven both

On the other hand, I felt the clio handled a little better, but that was standard ST against mine which has several handling modifications

Swift Sport
Comparing book times is pointless because very few drivers can optimise their cars capabilities. Do people really think that car A will beat car B every time if it's quicker on paper? Of course not, there are too many variables.

clio 182 trophy
I highly doubt they are. ST has a fair whack more torque and bigger power band.
This vid just goes to show even a clio with probably 2k or more of mods doesn't embarrass it really.
The ST had the same performance increase from standard as the clio. A itb'd clio is likely to be around the 200-210bhp mark. Increase of around 35hp. The ST was 215 from 180, so 35bhp increase. They were level on paper, despite the clio needing to spend 2k.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The ST had the same performance increase from standard as the clio. A itb'd clio is likely to be around the 200-210bhp mark. Increase of around 35hp. The ST was 215 from 180, so 35bhp increase. They were level on paper, despite the clio needing to spend 2k.

we shall ignore the full amount of torque available on the fiesta from 1800 rpm then shall we? ;)

when does the clio hit peak torque?

clio 182 trophy
we shall ignore the full amount of torque available on the fiesta from 1800 rpm then shall we? :wink:

My point was that he said the clio had 2k's worth of modifications and still didn't embarrass it, but the st had the same power increase over standard, not costing 2k as the st is turbocharged. That was my point that's all.
Yeah your right, hence my comment in your car about 3rd gear being very impressive!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yawn

its obvious the fiesta is cheaper to get power out of?

Different strokes for blokes, if you like an engine that runs out of puff like a diesel, get the fiesta. If you like to stretch a cars legs, then go for the clio.

:tonguewink:

Surprised there's been no old vs new comments yet

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
If I didn't already have the clio
I would buy the ST hands down
It's such a good car. The brakes are loads better too!

clio 172 phase 2
we shall ignore the full amount of torque available on the fiesta from 1800 rpm then shall we? :wink:

A tractor has a shite load of torque must be fast as shite!!!
As standard, the 182 has a quicker "TESTED" acceleration time than a standard new model fiesta st.
Check EVO perfomance data!!! I will take their word over it rather than yours.
Fiesta fanboy......

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
My point was that he said the clio had 2k's worth of modifications and still didn't embarrass it, but the st had the same power increase over standard, not costing 2k as the st is turbocharged. That was my point that's all.
Yeah your right, hence my comment in your car about 3rd gear being very impressive!

yeah fair point lol. tbh i hate the ST bumming as much as i hate the clio bumming on here anyway so im not bothered.
bloody fiesta making my car cheaper anyway 😧 fiestas suck :tongueout:

EVO magazine though! cant argue with them!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
@Jaff. Do mountune offer a performance pack for the focus st? Saw a mountune badge on a RS the other day.

yes mate its nowhere near as good a deal as the fiesta though £1500 + fitting
gets you a new intercooler and filter though iirc (+remap of course)

clio 172 phase 2
Comparing book times is pointless because very few drivers can optimise their cars capabilities. Do people really think that car A will beat car B every time if it's quicker on paper? Of course not, there are too many variables.
Not comparing book times, I'm talking about actual TESTED times!!!!! Both stock!! Check EVO mmagazine's test data.
Anyone who knows anything about car's must know the mag!
Check it out Fiesta boy....

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

My Fiesta has a 7.5% increase in bhp. That 172 Cup had circa 22% increase in bhp. You're forgetting or ignoring that the ST comes with 200 bhp as standard.

It's all irrelevant anyway, the only thing that really matters is not power mods, unrepeatable 0-60 sprint times or who was stronger on the brakes...but how much fun was had.

On that measure I'd say they're both dead even...those few laps were a great laugh.

clio 182 trophy
You're forgetting or ignoring that the ST comes with 200 bhp as standard.
Fair point but i was aware of the 200hp on overboost.

It's all irrelevant anyway, the only thing that really matters is how much fun was had
I agree 100% mate.

Swift Sport
Not comparing book times, I'm talking about actual TESTED times!!!!! Both stock!! Check EVO mmagazine's test data.
Anyone who knows anything about car's must know the mag!
Check it out Fiesta boy....
Have you seen some of the EVO Magazine drivers on track? Hardly accomplished racing drivers...

Swift Sport
I love the "my car is faster than your car because I overtook one once" types of comment.

Blimey, that must mean my Ignis is faster than a Porsche Turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.