ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 'almost' new car...

B

Bucko

I can't help but think you will look back in 10 years time and regret spending £5k+ on depreciating the value of your £2-3k car...

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
so when you say you did the conversion.. you didnt.. you paid someone else to do it lol

i was getting excited then to think there was another girl who could actually build a car lol

looks good tho...
hourses for corses n all that :D

Do you realise that sounded a bit meeeooow?

Good decision Vicky I think its brilliant.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
willywonka is a girl lol

maybe it was a little meooow ? haha
it was just the way it read like SHE had fitted the engine in etc, i was thinking good girl! but then she hadnt so i was a tad dissapointed

ST
willywonka is a girl lol

maybe it was a little meooow ? haha
it was just the way it read like SHE had fitted the engine in etc, i was thinking good girl! but then she hadnt so i was a tad dissapointed

Oh yuss!!!

Maybe they can lez off a bit then..

Megane 225 F1
kung_fu_panda.jpg

Petrol Blue 182.
sod spending 3k! but each to there own, told your insurance company about the slight engine enhancement?

fad

Clio 182 FF
Appreciate the sleeper element but from personal experience its madness.

I only talk from experience as my old Corsa had three different 2 litre engines varying in level of tune. Something that started off as cheap fun slowly got more expensive and defeated the whole point of the exercise being "cheap and cheerfull"

Bought a stock 182 and 2 years later learned a valuable lesson.

Not denying it does look quite good though!

Love the stance you've got going on at the front!
Looks like K-tec have done a really neat job, I'd love to do something like this, but on a boring black clio there's just no point. Plus I'd need a spare £3k lol!

You seem to be getting lots of stick for doing it... but if you're happy, then it's money well spent tbh!

RB 182 Cup
wooop wooop! Claggatti MK1 :D

Cant wait till sunday! you better be running!!

Im in a single seater now with a 20 gerry can of tescos 99 and a bottle millers octain booster hahaha brap brap :D

SG9 Forester STi
Lol I reckon I'll be running on Sunday, not quite as hardcore as you though, I just want to see what time I can run and have a bit of fun.

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
Lol I reckon I'll be running on Sunday, not quite as hardcore as you though, I just want to see what time I can run and have a bit of fun.

What time you lot getting down there?

I need to be gone by midday so not sure if its worth my while going or not.

Evo
Anyone can go buy a 172, why so much stick for actually being different from the rest of your boring CS sheep...

And besides the look she gets from destroying RS 2 ltrs 'in a 1.4' is worth more than the money the conversion cost anyday.

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
Anyone can go buy a 172, why so much stick for actually being different from the rest of your boring CS sheep...

And besides the look she gets from destroying RS 2 ltrs 'in a 1.4' is worth more than the money the conversion cost anyday.

Totally agree Ben.

SG9 Forester STi
Hey Adz, spaces are pretty limited considering the interest in the event so we're getting there at around 7am. It's on from 9 so you'd get a fair bit of time there if you're leaving at 12.

RB 182 Cup

its cs lol, you cant have decent car unless its the same as any of the main sheep!

dont worry its very cool! dont listen to the haters

B

Bucko

And anyone can buy a 1.4 an waste thousands of pounds on it.

Destroying 1*2s...really?

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
Hey Adz, spaces are pretty limited considering the interest in the event so we're getting there at around 7am. It's on from 9 so you'd get a fair bit of time there if you're leaving at 12.

Have you got a link to his event or a postcode?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I like it, Something different, and your money to do as you please.

Wave bye bye to those tyres running that Camber though!

SG9 Forester STi
Thanks J, yes I know tyres won't last long but I think it looks awesome :)

Couzens - it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, I used to pay £123 a month and I now pay £145 so not a huge difference. I was very lucky though the conversion was a present to myself for my 21st bday, had it have been a few weeks before it would have been 2.5k.

Last edited:
  Petrol Blue 182.
ahhh your 21! i wonderd why it was so fookin cheap! especially for a convertion car as i know you some times pay more then a normal 2.0! fair play!

RB 182 Cup
And anyone can buy a 1.4 an waste thousands of pounds on it.

Destroying 1*2s...really?

lol are you thick, just becuase it wasnt originally a sport dont make it slower!

its the same except the body kit. its got 182 manifold, full exhuast, pannel filter & remap which is more than alot of people have. Compared to 'real' sports ive played with its faster

Mini Cooper S sport
Nice work. If you have the money and you love the car, why the hell not? Better than spending it on beer and fags.

I'd just colour-code it, but otherwise it looks spot on.

Yeah 3k is a LOT and you could have bought a 182, but where's the fun in that?

B

Bucko

lol are you thick, just becuase it wasnt originally a sport dont make it slower!

its the same except the body kit. its got 182 manifold, full exhuast, pannel filter & remap which is more than alot of people have. Compared to 'real' sports ive played with its faster

Yes you're right, I'm thick.

SG9 Forester STi
Nice work. If you have the money and you love the car, why the hell not? Better than spending it on beer and fags.

I'd just colour-code it, but otherwise it looks spot on.

Yeah 3k is a LOT and you could have bought a 182, but where's the fun in that?

Thanks LY! Very well put, where is the fun in that indeed!

J03

MX5 1.8
surely gettin an actual sport and respraying it in that colour would be cheaper,.. lol nice work though

I think the point a lot of people are trying to convey is that for the same money you could buy a real sport. The point being that by carrying out a conversion of this nature you miss the main appeal of sport ownership which is the character of the chassis, braking etc. People often get hung up on straight line speed, but it only takes a brief look at the design philosophy for the RS range born in the Williams to see that its not all about launching down a drag strip.

I don't know how far you have taken the conversion - if it includes the suspension/braking etc - but either way its certainly a different approach :)

megane 285 sport
absolutey love it fair play, see its the usual "why spend 6k on a super/turbocharger when you get get a faster car" lot giving negative comment as usual.

keep it a sleeper, steelth exhaust a must.

alien green rs133
I think the point a lot of people are trying to convey is that for the same money you could buy a real sport. The point being that by carrying out a conversion of this nature you miss the main appeal of sport ownership which is the character of the chassis, braking etc. People often get hung up on straight line speed, but it only takes a brief look at the design philosophy for the RS range born in the Williams to see that its not all about launching down a drag strip.

I don't know how far you have taken the conversion - if it includes the suspension/braking etc - but either way its certainly a different approach :)

apart from the rolled rear arches i was pretty sure they are the same shell.

Black 172 PH2

Ah i see, so thats why it will "destroy" an RS.

I personally like what you have done, its a great sleeper and would surprise lots of people (including RS owners).
At the end of the day, its your money and spend it on what makes you happy, not every one else.

I have to disagree with the "it will destroy a 'real' RS" though.
Its not like this car has been fitted with some crazy spec engine, its an RS engine with a remap. there would be nothing in it between this and an RS.

Kudos to you Vicky for going for something a little different.
I always love a sleeper :)