ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 'almost' new car...

SG9 Forester STi
I don't know how far you have taken the conversion - if it includes the suspension/braking etc - but either way its certainly a different approach :)

Cheers Tom, it's had everything swapped over to 182 spec, the hubs,driveshafts, subframes, gearbox...list goes on.

Kudos to you Vicky for going for something a little different.
I always love a sleeper :)

Thanks Brian, i'm certainly happy with it and keeping the sleeper look.

TT 225+
ah this is what i want to do with mine i think, apart from mine is 5 door so even more sleeperey :)

very jealous:eek: wish i had the monies, student ftl :(

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I like the colour. Saw you at lakeside last night too. have you got the jms induction kit on it yet? it sounded good.

SG9 Forester STi
Thanks will, did flash but thought you didn't see lol.

Sorry alex, if i'd have seen you wouldve said hi. Not yet but it's definitely next on my list!! Thanks I do love the noise, took it dragging down north Weald yesterday and the sound was immense.

If you see me about down there say hi :)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hello Vicky,

Glad to read you are happy with the car, we are also pleased how it turned out.

Obvioulsy there are some people that see this as an expensive conversion but please bare in mind Vicky's car now has the complete front end (engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes, radiator, subframe, ecu, etc, etc) from a very low mileage 182. Buying the parts alone cost well over the £1500 that some say the conversion can be done for. On top of that all belts and tensioners were changed as well as everything checked over before being neatly installed and wired up.

I for one am very pleased Vicky is happy with the car, as are the other customers who have had the same conversion done. It certainly is a case of each to their own and I am glad we were able to turn this car into what it now is.

David.

Absolutely love it.

Of course you could have got a real sport / a faster car for the money, but this is much more fun.

Good job.

SG9 Forester STi
Absolutely love it.

Of course you could have got a real sport / a faster car for the money, but this is much more fun.

Good job.

It is much more fun, I raced it at a drag strip yesterday and a guy pulled up and sort of sniggered at me in his Integra Type R. I left him wondering what went wrong and that's where the fun comes in with this car :cool:

I like the ClioSport on the reg plates, prob fail MOT with them tho :s

I thought so too but it went through it's last MOT with those plates on no bother.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
how much did the whole conversion cost in the end? cba reading the whole thread..

Evo 8 MR
I saw this at FCS, only thing that's got me is the dodgy looking brackets for the alternator...if that's what they are..?

I take it they are custom? They look different to those used on other sports.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
need more pics, is it on turinis? i like it and sod the haters, do it for the love :)

SG9 Forester STi
Whoops have only just noticed this!

LOL! Bet he got the piss ripped right out of him, not being able to beat a girl in a "1.4" Clio.

Lol yeah something like that, It was one of those "I love this car" grin moments :D I found this video on Youtube and love how the car sounds, mostly the comments from the chavs who filmed it made me laugh..."that's a quick 1.4" lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pz7-5KFf2M

how much did the whole conversion cost in the end? cba reading the whole thread..

Conversion itself was £2900 but then I got a little carried away.

Conversion looks great, have you fitted the NOS yet?

Nope looking to get that done in around 3 weeks, can't wait!

I saw this at FCS, only thing that's got me is the dodgy looking brackets for the alternator...if that's what they are..?

I take it they are custom? They look different to those used on other sports.

Ah don't! It's the thing that's currently driving me round the bend!

It's not an alternator bracket, the engine was from a 182 with air-con so thats what the brackets are for. I hate them but I'm not too sure on the process to get rid..I think there's a kit you have to buy. Ah well, it's something I have to get round to as it's driving me mad and looks pants.

SG9 Forester STi
I've decided to keep my exhaust now Dan, it's kind of become characteristic to the car. It's a bit of a mix and match really as it's a 1.4 backbox with 172 exhaust and 182 manifold and decat lol.

Not only does it take an age to find a decent car to buy, even when you find one you can never truly know what kind of life it's had.

Didn't you crash this one into a field at a CS meet a while back?

Apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else.

Can't really see the point in dropping at the money into the conversion tbh and having seen countless 1.2, 1.4's etc that have been lowered/stiffened and the roofskin creasing around the sunroof it's yet another reason I'd avoid. But then I hate sunroofs in general but in particular on cheap french cars because they have a habit of leaking and rattling their tits off.

Still it's your cash so as long as you're happy, it all good. At least you missed the bodykit craze of the 90's that as an Essex resident you'd have no doubt been caught up in if you were old enough, lol

SG9 Forester STi
Lol...unfortunately that was me. :eek:

No chance of revamping it 90's style and yes I believe I missed that craze by a fair distance.

I see what you mean about the sunroof, it does leak and rattle and does my nut in but haven't seen any issues with it as of yet. It was lowered and stiffened as a 1.4 aswell and I never had any problems.

Time will tell I guess but as it stands I'm enjoying the car loads :)

DCi 100
Cut the roof skin out and put a non sunroof one in.

Sounds looney but is just about as drastic as changing the engine so.

SG9 Forester STi
I had considered that but tbh the sunroof isn't really giving me any hassle so I'm quite happy to leave it there for now.

Strut braces, stiffer suspension will all increase the risk of shocks/flex being transmitted and the shell flexing the roofskin. Just hope it stays undamaged.

If you do go the route of a cage tbh if the car needs any paintwork tidying at the time I'd be inclined to throw an RS roofskin on it in your shoes.

SG9 Forester STi
It is something I've been considering as ive been looking at going down the cage route but I'll have to weigh up the costs and see how it'll work out. Silly thing to say considering I've just had the full conversion but it's something that I think can wait for now :)

DCi 100
Would you seriously climb over door bars in a skirt, chuck your hand bag on the pass bucket and wap the harness straps over your tits?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I was just about to go out but i'm going to wait for a reply to that first i think :approve:

SG9 Forester STi
Just seen this....Alex - I have no words lol.

As for the cage, I have wanted one for ages as the car already has the buckets & harnesses so now all I need is the cage to complete it all :approve:

SG9 Forester STi
Unfortunately not Jon, I have all the parts it's just finding time to get them onto the car.

Ah ok, sounds like they do the rears on the description on ktech. I assume that the full 182 exhaust would of gone on if you didn't have an aftermarket zorst? Do the dials get changed etc so they read the correct mileage? Also was it a low mileage engine or what. I've been thinking about the conversion for a year now. Mine would most likely be the only 2ltr capsicum red non tropy on the road :) another rare color mine, that's why I'd do it to mine :)