ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 'almost' new car...

SG9 Forester STi
I've had the clio now for almost a year and a half and decided it was time for an upgrade....:cool:

Not the best pics but all I could get snapped today, have had it now for 3 weeks and am already completely in love with it.

DSC01405.gif

DSC01424.gif

DSC01411.gif

DSC01418.gif

DSC01419.gif

DSC01421.gif

New Spec:
- 182 engine and manifold.
- Put the Group N engine mounts on the new engine
- Ktec camber adjustable coilovers - with lots of camber!
- Ktec generic remap
- Part new exhaust (same backbox) and new decat
- KTR Fast road brake kit

I also have a Trophy rear beam in the garden ready to go on to replace the drums.

Plans for the car:
- I have a Wizards of Nos kit sitting in my bedroom :approve:
- JMS induction kit
- OMP steering wheel
- Flocked dash
- Carbon dash strips and door cards
- Alloy power steering reservoir
- Solid top mounts
- Considering a roll cage
- Carbone Lorraine pads
- New front strut brace
- Cup spoiler/splitter (Skoda one lol)
- the list goes on, each time I look at it I think of extras that I want lol.

I expected it to feel different but nothing like it does, when I first drove it away I couldn't believe how heavy the steering is!

The car itself feels and sounds amazing! The brakes are good and it's certainly not shy when I put my foot down and it's just generally a great car to drive. I'm hoping it's the only 2ltr in that colour!

Now I'm just dying to stick it on a dyno :cool:

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Did you want a sleeper?

That's the only reason I would see why you would do that over buying a sport.

Looks great hun and good plans for the future.

Last edited:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ooh, where did you get that done??

im quite interested in doing the same kind of thing myself!

how much did you spend on the entire ordeal??

looks good, and im sure it goes even better!

SG9 Forester STi
Ah I know what you mean, it took me a very long time to decide what I wanted to do but then I realised that I really love the car and had got it looking just how I wanted it and the only thing it was lacking was the oompf!

I had thought about just upgrading but I like the car too much and with it being in the rare colour it's that bit different to the rest and I like the appeal of that.

The sleeper look just adds to the appeal for me :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Id advise you to get the bumpers, side skirts and whatever else to make it look genuine, a 182 would look great in that colour

SG9 Forester STi
ooh, where did you get that done??

im quite interested in doing the same kind of thing myself!

how much did you spend on the entire ordeal??

looks good, and im sure it goes even better!

I got it all sorted at Ktec...the conversion costs 2900 but I couldn't help but keep adding to the list and the whole thing cost erm...slightly more than the above figure :evil:

Id advise you to get the bumpers, side skirts and whatever else to make it look genuine, a 182 would look great in that colour

Have considered that lots! I've even looked around for some but I'm still undecided. Although it would look awesome in the colour.
Difficult decision lol.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lovely vicky, welcome to the conversion club. I wouldn't change anything to the exterior of the car, works completely 100%

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's far too much money to be spending imo.

To be fair if you had got the engine cheap and you know someone who would fit it all for you then fine but that conversion cost more than what you car is worth.

It's your money but a bit of crazy thinking there hun.

SG9 Forester STi
I know it was silly moneywise but as soon as I got in and drove it away it was worth every penny. The thing that justify's the spend for me is the fact that it's unique, that appeals to me most.

n/a
i personally would leave it as it is change the wheels to black. but having that car and a 182 lump in it is the fun part you can surprise alot of people even the people who think they know there 1*2's lol wicked!

S23

The Cleee-O
Sweeeet. That is an awesome sleeper, genuinely love it. Keep the non-sport exterior! Looks schwing :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are you fit??

If you are, I think I'd leave my wife for you! You have very good taste in cars and modifications.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
search ebay or the parts for sale section for a splash guard for the starter motor looks a bit open to the elements
Big thumbs up for keeping it a sleeper

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im thinking about doing this to my Ph1 in my spare time, between work etc...

Mine would look like a true sleeper with all its dents etc :evil: