ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 'almost' new car...

Ph 1 172
Is this the same Clio that ended up in a ditch after a meet and drive on here? Either way it's a quality car love the colour as well don't see many clips full stop in this colour let alone a 182 conversion done

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Foook plenty of money spent, but it's your money to spend how you like.

I think you should keep it a sleeper for a while IMO. Get an RS body kit when you get bored.

£2900?!?!?!?! WTF

Looks good :)

That's just for the engine!

Italian 3.2 V6
very nice! i like alot! but u should of got a RS for what uv paid.. y didnt you? lol.

PSJ.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
very nice! i like alot! but u should of got a RS for what uv paid.. y didnt you? lol.

PSJ.

Thats not the point though.

I've spent Meg 225 Money on my Mk1 valver! But sometimes, the love for the car exceeds logic!

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Nice, lotta money mind tho, has that still got the non sport brakes on it as well tho, or did they change them as well.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
look at it another way... the cost to change from this to a 182 would have been similar to the conversion and upgrades, maybe slightly more or maybe slightly less... plus you're never quite sure what you might be buying?

SG9 Forester STi
Thats not the point though.

I've spent Meg 225 Money on my Mk1 valver! But sometimes, the love for the car exceeds logic!

Couldn't have said it better, when you improve a car you love it only makes you enjoy it more amd going from the 1.4 to the 2ltr it's the same car but it's got a lot more get up and go :)

Nice, lotta money mind tho, has that still got the non sport brakes on it as well tho, or did they change them as well.

It's got sport brakes on the front and I have. Trophy beam waiting to replace the rear drums.

look at it another way... the cost to change from
this to a 182 would have been similar to the conversion and upgrades, maybe slightly more or maybe slightly less... plus you're never quite sure what you might be buying?

Thats another factor that made me want the conversion more, this is an extremely well looked after, I had the belts done with the swap aswell so it's all good from here!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

PSJ.

the same reason ive spent £50k on clios and dont regret 1 bit of it!

as for the OP, thats awesome, i love it! i nearly bought a dci 80 in that colour before the 100 popped up

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ahhh saw this tonight!! (last night)

looked quick!
sounded awsome!

lot of money to spend, but if ur happy then the jobs a goodun

did well though!

Clio sport 2.0 16v 172ph1
incredible job! in my country is kind of difficult buy a F4R cause is too expensive. better if it comes with the car!
lol

DCi 100
I can appreciate the appeal if the car is in good shape and that.

Personally can't help but think of what 3k on an RS Clio would be like though, or sell the car + 3k and a different car for 7k or however much you would have.

I'm undecided I guess.

But you should just colour code the bumper inserts and leave the outside. :)

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Looks amazing! Would love to do this to mine.
Looks like you have some more awesome ideas for it aswel!
Keep it up.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Looks good, but the price ...Just WOW. You could have bought a full 172 for that price let alone a engine.

But if you can not do the work yourself or know people willing to help you i guess you have no choice.

SG9 Forester STi
Thanks, still not sure whether to keep the exhaust or go stealth for uber sleeper points lol.

What you on about lol it's stripped, just need to replace the rear door cards with some carbon fibre goodness.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
meh, i cant see how much stripping youve done from your pics,
but more is needed!

i thought you still had all the rear trim in?
and get some harnesses!

they make buckets 100x's more fun.

SG9 Forester STi
I've had omp harnesses for ages now lol, couldn't stand bucket seats with seatbelts for long.

Evo 8 MR
Nice one Vicky, you certainly kept that quiet.

Top marks to K-tec they've done a really tidy job of it.

Keep it looking as it is aswell, a non sport that goes like a sport = win tbh.

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
btw, i noticed in the pics that have the bracket for the omp strut brace, but no strut brace, im guessing your putting it back on?

Nice one! I can understand why you went down the conversion route, if it wasn't for the fact I didn't trust anybody near to me to do the conversion my old non-sport would still be with me now running F4R power.

320d
I've always like the look of this car, now I love it. Awesome taste in mods and an awesome car.

Get a Supercharger in there now ;)

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
Vicky, fantastic job there :cool:

Stick that NOS on it!!!!!

Go on you know you wanna lol

Iceberg 172
This has got to be the most stupid thing I've ever read.

Conversions like this are all well and good if it's done on your driveway for a few hundred quid but spending over £3k to put a 182 engine in a non rs? Nuts.

If you had of spent £3k sticking an R26 lump in it I'd of bowed down to you... I just think you need to go to the docs. You've clearly been smoking crack.

Static Low
This has got to be the most stupid thing I've ever read.

Conversions like this are all well and good if it's done on your driveway for a few hundred quid but spending over £3k to put a 182 engine in a non rs? Nuts.

If you had of spent £3k sticking an R26 lump in it I'd of bowed down to you... I just think you need to go to the docs. You've clearly been smoking crack.

Get a grip.

Its awesome